What do you think Bioware WANTS the PvP to be like?

ladhnane

I know there is a "big" patch coming out that is supposed to change how the PvP reward system, but where (as a consumer) do you think Bioware is trying to take the game in regards to PvP.

1) I see the mechanics of CC, resolve, and most tank skills taken from Warhammer Online and some of the PvP mechanics as far as games. What they have not done is work out any of the problems that game had WITH the PvP. Balance here is a good bit better

2) I see many of the changes heading towards a WoW PvP environment. Sorry to any WoW PvP players, but it is a terrible system hands down. At best it was a good premade system acknowledgement, nothing more than gear grinding.

3) 3 warzones +1 new one with 1 pvp zone (that is dead as a doornail on my server). Not much to do here.

I saw it coming but wanted to hold my judgement, but once I turned 50, I went from a good PvP'r to one that is absolutely steam rolled by geared players. Yes, I know I must take lumps, but it is very frustrating to take your lumps after you hit your max level. Most games do this though so not just Bioware.

My final point about PvP games in general is the expertise stat. Any game that wants a skill based game DOES not have a "make you better at PvP" stat. The stat lowers damage you take, increases your damage and heal ability.

Edited by Trineda
removed inapp.comment

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there is a "big" patch coming out that is supposed to change how the PvP reward system, but where (as a consumer) do you think Bioware is trying to take the game in regards to PvP.

1) I see the mechanics of CC, resolve, and most tank skills taken from Warhammer Online and some of the PvP mechanics as far as games. What they have not done is work out any of the problems that game had WITH the PvP. Balance here is a good bit better

2) I see many of the changes heading towards a WoW PvP environment. Sorry to any WoW PvP players, but it is a terrible system hands down. At best it was a good premade system acknowledgement, nothing more than gear grinding.

3) 3 warzones +1 new one with 1 pvp zone (that is dead as a doornail on my server). Not much to do here.

I saw it coming but wanted to hold my judgement, but once I turned 50, I went from a good PvP'r to one that is absolutely steam rolled by geared players. Yes, I know I must take lumps, but it is very frustrating to take your lumps after you hit your max level. Most games do this though so not just Bioware.

My final point about PvP games in general is the expertise stat. Any game that wants a skill based game DOES not have a "make you better at PvP" stat. The stat lowers damage you take, increases your damage and heal ability. Why don't they just add a reach around so it can please everything.

1- there is only 3 wz beacause the game got actualy only 4 month of life ...

1.2 add a new map witch is great . so don't complain about this.

2- you want to pvp for what? tell me apart for getting gear and having fun i see no other reason and escuse me playing to get gear is normal.i never played wow but i can tell you that this game ISNT WOW blizzard isn't bioware thats something you must understand this is not a blizzard game.

3- expertise ... what is expertise ? a way to make the difference between pve and pvp thats all, this is a way to add contents to the game also.

without expertise any player with full rakata gear would own every WZ.

expertise is a good thing it shows who is a pvp player who is a pve player.

and for the gear evolution thats in almost every game, you need to play to get a better gear. ok you get lvl 50 you have no gear you get stomped by full bm but this has change 1.2 is coming out and having a pvp gear is now freaking easy.

they want them to be instances. Either the engine or Bioware's modded version of it can't take open world pvp.

The push for rated instanced warzones is a prime example of funneling people into warzones instead world pvp objectives.

I am not sure what they are trying to do. I get the feeling that their PvP team is disjointed and lost. I'm reminded of Warhammer Online more and more.

I'm pretty disappointed that when rated WZs come, you cannot queue as anything other than an 8man team. I thought their original plan was to allow us to queue solo through a full group of 8.

GW2 cannot come soon enough.

Edited by Vincire

Fully synchronized daily pvp quest on Corellia, where you will collect 100 mysterious boxes (5 mins respawn) to save the galaxy. Naturally, it will grant 1k legacy xp upon completion. Any dedicated pvper will have that new hairstyle unlocked in no time!

Team and objective based WZ content.

As an avid pvper in every MMO I've every deigned to try I am perfectly fine with this. Open world PvP merely equates to:

Ganking

Zerging

****** alliances for larger zergs in order to increase the level of

Ganking

Zerging

etc

Cycle that ad-nauseum.

That's all it's been since UO, AC:DT server, WoW, EQ, AoC, WAR, etc etc.

Even the great RvR(vR) games are about that UNTIL you put in TEAM BASED OBJECTIVES... hmm

Only difference is that instead of just being in a specific location in the world, it's in a WZ/BG you queue up for.

Don't get me wrong, I participate wholeheartedly in OwPvP if it's around. But I'm honest enough to admit it's purely for the gank factor. Throw in guilds and alliances and it's one zerg ganking another zerg depending on who's bigger (and has the larger pool of decent players). I love screenshotting the hate whispers from people you've ganked and rez-camped until they port or log out just as much as anyone else, but lets not pretend that it's anything remotely skilled or "epic".

Take your "relic" and your "base" give it a border (even if it's the zone edge) and basically it's either an organized WZ during prime time, or a place to gank someone during non-peak hours.

They seem to want the game to be a melee DPS's haven- hence the huge hits to healing and ranged classes.

They also want people to die faster- which in turn means it's more specifically a burst dpsers haven- which makes sense considering VS and alderaan both revolve around killing people very fast.

This should actually make the game more exciting for COD players who just like to spam damaging moves and not have to worry about things like strategy- for people who like support or the complexity of mmo pvp, this is instead a huge hit in some cases and a big middle finger in others.

It really seems like they're trying to be simplistic and one dimensional like GW2's 'damage dealing only' system.

Edited by fungihoujo

LOL! I think that's gonna change in 1.2. That's why sages and troopers are freaking out on the forum.

You say its going to change. They bumped grav round to a 2 sec cast time but then gave a point to reduce it back down to 1.5 seconds.

So It is spam grav round or do not come. That is all I see. Something about walking into a WZ and having 5 or 6 Troopers on the other team 9-10 times.....

You say its going to change. They bumped grav round to a 2 sec cast time but then gave a point to reduce it back down to 1.5 seconds.

So It is spam grav round or do not come. That is all I see. Something about walking into a WZ and having 5 or 6 Troopers on the other team 9-10 times.....

or how about 7-8 inquisitors... all being sorcs and assassins tons of heals and damage...

you can make a full wz of any class and have things all covered

1- there is only 3 wz beacause the game got actualy only 4 month of life ... warhammer started with many more than 3 warzones..they had around 10... this is the same company too. So it basically tells me they tried being like WOW more with very little warzones..ie battlegrounds.

1.2 add a new map witch is great . so don't complain about this. which is just horrible... ONLY ONE?!??!?!?? with all the scenarios they had in warhammer they could only come up with 1? sorry man... if somebody offers you poop... its still poop... just because its new poop doesnt change the fact its poop. sorry but they can do better then just 1 warzone. They should be adding in at least 3. people are already tired of the same 3 they started with.

2- you want to pvp for what? tell me apart for getting gear and having fun i see no other reason and escuse me playing to get gear is normal.i never played wow but i can tell you that this game ISNT WOW blizzard isn't bioware thats something you must understand this is not a blizzard game. no its not normal.... there are many games out there that do NOT have a gear grind and pvp is just great. you should expand your horizons more and take off the horse blinders. WOW is not the staple for pvp... they may be tops for most money made for any gaming company off of one MMO, but still doesnt make it great in pvp. And we know it isnt WOW. however if they want to do exactly what WOW did for their pvp then you can safely say they are doing it... especially when they pump out only 3 warzones compared to their other MMO warhammer online which has 10+

3- expertise ... what is expertise ? a way to make the difference between pve and pvp thats all, this is a way to add contents to the game also.

without expertise any player with full rakata gear would own every WZ.

expertise is a good thing it shows who is a pvp player who is a pve player.

and for the gear evolution thats in almost every game, you need to play to get a better gear. ok you get lvl 50 you have no gear you get stomped by full bm but this has change 1.2 is coming out and having a pvp gear is now freaking easy. Many games have NOT used a special stat just for PVP... and have done quite well.. this again is a WOW thing yet you keep saying this isnt WOW. They took it from WOW.

im in blue and it sounds you have a lot of experience from WOW since you favor most of their mechanics.

Soon it will be nothing but a bunch of baddies pushing 2 buttons and thinking they're good at this game because all the good players already quit.

I have been pro-swtor since long before the game was released. I wanted to play this and play it for a long time.

Here is what I think BW wanted in their pvp;

I believe BW wanted meaningful pvp, but they failed in creating it. They failed horribly. Then they realized that you cannot have any kind of pvp between two sides (Especially in this game) so they removed it. Now they are stuck with nothing but these horrid warzones.

There is no coming back from the failure that is Ilum. You cannot balance persistent pvp with unbalanced servers. Especially with realm wide rewards. So if there are no realm wide rewards; why pvp?

What SWTOR is stuck with is warzones. Confined skirmishes between two teams with no rhyme or reason for their selections. You know, a team with 4 healers vs a team with none... things like that.

For the longest time I had bashed GW2, which most everyone on these boards will do, but their world v world is a really good design. Something that swtor should have been looking into. An entire server working together instead of pvping against your own server and hating people of your own side. This doesnt mean to just play GW2, but if you look at their persistent pvp, it makes you want to.