Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

yea im sure they were voted worst company in the USA because they made a video game with a bad ending.

they even beat out bank of america, which is mighty impressive

Actually if you do a bit of reading that's pretty much what a stems from. Sad really. Seems people really have their priorities straight. I mean we have financial institutions robbing people of their retirements and tanking the countries financial sector but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO video games trump that. :rolleyes:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So maybe i'm too upset and need to cool off, but it is so stressfull when my faction (Republic) is so out match'd server wise like 5:1 or more and it really matters that when playing in Warzones Team work is Everything, especially when you are PUG'N all the time cause u cant have a full Team to work with. Rated WZ's is all i was looking foward too in 1.2, now i'm sad and gonna have to deal with ppl who don't care bout working as a team again :(

Actually if you do a bit of reading that's pretty much what a stems from. Sad really. Seems people really have their priorities straight. I mean we have financial institutions robbing people of their retirements and tanking the countries financial sector but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO video games trump that. :rolleyes:

thats exactly what i thought, of all the companys in america who did they vote for, a computer games company :rolleyes:

I like both aswell, so much is coming out in this update it annoys me how people are complaining. It is like being promised three cookies and only getting two... two is better than none. Legacy does not inspire single person play, it inspires you to make an alt with friends or so, re-do all those heroic quests on the planets. It is basically to keep all planets populated with or without a new player base flowing in.

I would liken it more to having someone tell you that you were getting 3 cookies, they then only gave you 2 but they had the 3rd cookie in their hand and told you that they might give you the other cookie in a week or two if you are good. You can see how this might be personally offensive to players, it didn't benefit anyone but the devs to delay the PR of no RWZs.

I never even mentioned the word Operation in my post that you quoted, but I'll bite anyway...

If you're excited to reroll a different race, you are a fanboy. It has no effect on your gameplay aside from aesthetics, and if the game developers are prioritizing that over PvP, then thats good enough reasons for droves of players to unsub and leave.

Sorry, didn't quote your whole post...

This is a Role Playing Game yes?

Massive - True

Competitive - True

There are people that think aesthetics are a VERY important part of their RP experience - and since this is an RP game, then re-rolling with a different race does not make you a fanboy, it makes you a Role Player!

It does not matter to me where someone spends his money, and I don't care...

So I won't call him a fanboy...

Now, as a PvP Role player I can tell you that I waited for the RWZ feature as well, so yeah I am not pleased it did not come out...

But I won't accuse BW or any company for trying to prioritize RP elements (those that seem stupid and pointless to STAT w..res - hunters) over pure PvP, in a ROLE PLAYING GAME!

I would rather wait for it to be polished and working as intended than launched and broken. All you complainers saying unsubbed etc., clear off please and really do un-sub then we don't have to read your patheritc wowesque nonsense.

The other features of this Legacy patch are enough for now in any case. Keep up the good work, from a Bioware Fanboi (ME).

They JUST told us that they wont be launching ranked warzones in 1.2. That is why everyone is acting as such.

I would rather wait for it to be polished and working as intended than launched and broken. All you complainers saying unsubbed etc., clear off please and really do un-sub then we don't have to read your patheritc wowesque nonsense.

The other features of this Legacy patch are enough for now in any case. Keep up the good work, from a Bioware Fanboi (ME).

12 hours before the patch drops they decide to polish things over? Have you done defend the shipment daily lately?

I didn't read back all the posts.

We all know this is not about polishing. They simply didn't want to bring this on to %80 dead servers where queing would be whole lot of trouble and would bring mor ecomplains.

Ranked Wz's will come up with the server transfers or merges, you'll see.

But many will not be here including me.

Hello all!

The Feedback from the community they got made this decision for the developers. So We the community helping them with feedbacks..So please don`t blame BioWare! They all did a great job with this fantastic game. And Lucasarts too.

When they need time give them time. Things only making better with it. For us. Everyone can wait...If they realeasing the update and we don`t like something in it just give feedback...Everything they can fix. That`s why are forums.

We all know this is not about polishing. They simply didn't want to bring this on to %80 dead servers where queing would be whole lot of trouble and would bring mor ecomplains.

Dude, they are allowing for cross server warzones. Server merges are not a factor.

Gah trolls.

Yeah it sucks that one part of a huge update is not being put in. Get over it, or move on.

Now I don't understand how they could have completely overlooked this problem.. and suddenly 7 hours before launch, "Oh, we don't have enough people actively queuing..".

really?

well ye, i can understand the anger at not being able to make pre mades yet but what were people going todo in a rated warzone in the pre season they couldnt do in a normal bg ?

And lets be brutal, has pvp been turned off ? is coast not in 1.2 ? have they not changed some of the warzones for same v same faction ?

Edited by Shingara

I am sad, but not gonna rage here. Just a little math.

Let's say, you have full Battlemaster gear. Full set of War Hero gear will cost you (dulfy.net) 28250 rated commendations and 1000 regular commendations. If you can trade them 3:1, you will need approximately 86.000 regular commendations. Let's say, that with your winrate, you will get 86 commendations per match. Teams are even, there are healers too and match will last 15min. Waiting time? 6min. Total time per warzone = 21min = 0,35 hours.

Total time that you will spend in warzones or waiting for them is:

( 86.000 / 86 ) * 0,35 = 350 hours. Let's also presume, that you will play 3.5 hours per day. Every day. So it will take 100 days (3 months) of doing nothing, just playing warzones to get full War Hero gear.

I like other stuff in patch, but my main focus is PvP. And idea, that I will have to grind for 3 months - no flashpoints, no operations, nothing else, but grinding warzones, I am sad even more.

Ok, let's say, you are beast in PvP. You have high winrate, you are getting 90 comms per warzone. You can win in 10min, 2min waiting time. So you will still have to grind for 55 days, nothing but PvP to get full War Hero gear.

You want to respec from healer to dps, or from tank to dps? Add more grind. :)

Thanks for working that out, good lord... just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.

They screwed pvpers with RNG Battlemaster tokens; seems they've managed to implement Merc Comms 2.0.:csw_jabbapet:

Looks like ever since Dragon Age 2 it's all starting to go downhill for BW releasing s**ty game after s**ty game. It wouldn't surprise me to hear one day that they that they had the same fate as JooWood. What enrages me is the fact that they are so full of them selves and don't admit their fails. Here the Mass Effect DLC comes to mind. RLY extended cut? That's it? Now with SWTOR. BW if people could chose between Ranked War Zones and Legacy what do you think their choice would be? I'm not a hard core PvP'er but i'm still mad as hell.

Another thing that enrages me is the fact that BW knew from the release of the PvP/PvE tier 1 that people hate the look and they went and did a tier 2 even uglier and further away from the star wars theme. I mean come on Pocahontas look for Consulars? And what's up with the JK gear?

Sry but I have completely lost all hope in BW. From one of my favorite companies it has become one of the most hated. Only JooWood is worst than it in my eyes.

Edited by Sebah

so like ive said, all this complaining for something that would have been in a pre season.

Regardless.. They said ranked warzones would be in 1.2. A lot of people resubbed who were part of the 'hardcore' pvpers. Day before 1.2 launch. Oops, no ranked warzones for you. Everyone is mad. :mad:

Haha. I know SO many people who kept their subs solely for ranked warzones in 1.2. They will no doubt end their subscription today.

Good job at killing your own game, Bioware.

Edit: But Bioware made some money, so they don't care.

Edited by Mrs_Murder

Perhaps they don't WANT to do this, but they failed miserably with Ilum, and now with rateds being gone, it stinks of incompetence or laziness (or both). Decisions like this are why so many games with potential fail. EA/Mythic/BW hires the bottom of the barrel on the cheap and it shows.

You have to be over 30 and have worked in the real world. This is what is happening, exactly.

Man i dont get why people are whining so much, so what if rated isnt in this patch, one feature dropped of many in this patch, i mean if 1.2 wasn't going to have a new WZ, Operation, class balancing, UI customization, new gear and Legacy, not to mention huge amount of bug fixing and performance increases and was just a patch to introduce rated's i cud understand the reason to be annoyed, but seriously are most of you all that selfish, this patch is nearly on par with an expansion and your moaning about one lil system which dont change the game but only gives it another competitive edge, also rated's will only work once cross server queue is in the game in my opinion.

I really dont mind that its not in the game, we can still go and start gathering our War Hero gear from non rated's as the news post states.

Also if it isnt working as intended why do people want it in the game, you know for a fact that the people moaning about it being dropped from 1.2 would be the same people moaning and whining if it was in 1.2 and broken.

I think BW have done a very good job so far from launch, and even tho Trions Rift was pushing content every month its was no way near as much content as BW has pushed in its first 3-4 months.

Also to the people who stated we been waiting ages for this addition, you are mad whack the game is 4 months old, do you know how long it took for other mmos to get any sort of rated system, and tbh alot of them still dont, and finally to people who post unsubbed, BW know your lieing, we all know you havnt unsubbed, and tbh if this is the reason you would unsub, like this is the final straw then oh well good bye have fun good luck in life and all that jazz i am just glad your whining selfs can go pester some other game / forums.

Phew rant done BOOM ^^ not trying to offend people (even tho i guess i am coming across like i am) i just think people are being very stupid about this bit of news.

To all those saying that they rather they pullled out of release than havining it unstested and bugged, I agree thats on the surface this may have been way better. I also think it must have been a pretty hard decision to pull out of release on the last minute. However the fact that after all the time they had to test it and polish it on pts, after many people complaining that they should have allowed character copy to everyone on pts , after many pvp guilds got their request to test the pvp content ignored. THe devs decide to pullt it out for not being polished shows how incompetent they are . Incompentent for not addressing the aforementioned issues but also for deciding to pull it out on last minute rather than release it and saying that the ranked system is not working properly and people should just play now taking into account that rankings will be meaningless until further notice. Thats how this should have been handled.