why is my launcher allready downloading patch?

jersyiii

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think it really was a 15min unfortunate interval? That kinda reeks of a lie to me.

Just look at the time stamps in this thread. It started at noon (CDT), Allison posted the first warning not to download at 12:07 pm, and at 12:13 pm we have the first user reporting not being able to connect to the patch any longer. So, less than 15 minutes.

Next conspiracy theory, please.

Still downloading here as well. Missing out on tonight's Ops with the guild...

I thought I left this crap behind when I vowed never to play an SOE game again. Hopefully BW will prove they are better than SOE, hopefully.

doubt it...oops, the 30 second rule. F VBulletin!

More bad news, well at least it wasnt introduced half-***:

Hey everybody,

It is with great reluctance that I have to announce Ranked Warzones are not going live with Game Update 1.2: Legacy. We had a fantastic run of testing on the Public Test Server and I can’t begin to thank the community enough for their tireless advocacy for this feature and the time people took to file bugs and voice their concerns.

After careful consideration, it is clear that to make Ranked Warzones the feature we all want it to be is going to take a bit more time. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause and ask for your patience as we work to make sure the Ranked Warzone Preseason launch is polished and fun. With Legacy, the new Warzone, Operation, and Flashpoint, as well as many other amazing features of Game Update 1.2 ready to go, we're very excited for tomorrow's additions.

In the future we'll be rolling the Ranked Warzone Preseason out in phases, listening carefully to player feedback and making adjustments as we go. The first phase will be full team, eight-player queuing only and from there we'll look at next steps as Preseason progresses. In the meantime we have provided an alternate purchase route for War Hero gear so you can start building your set while figuring out your teams.

Daniel Erickson

Lead Game Designer

Hey everybody,

It is with great reluctance that I have to announce Ranked Warzones are not going live with Game Update 1.2: Legacy. We had a fantastic run of testing on the Public Test Server and I can’t begin to thank the community enough for their tireless advocacy for this feature and the time people took to file bugs and voice their concerns.

After careful consideration, it is clear that to make Ranked Warzones the feature we all want it to be is going to take a bit more time. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause and ask for your patience as we work to make sure the Ranked Warzone Preseason launch is polished and fun. With Legacy, the new Warzone, Operation, and Flashpoint, as well as many other amazing features of Game Update 1.2 ready to go, we're very excited for tomorrow's additions.

In the future we'll be rolling the Ranked Warzone Preseason out in phases, listening carefully to player feedback and making adjustments as we go. The first phase will be full team, eight-player queuing only and from there we'll look at next steps as Preseason progresses. In the meantime we have provided an alternate purchase route for War Hero gear so you can start building your set while figuring out your teams.

Daniel Erickson

Lead Game Designer

Is that another *whoops* didn't work out the way we "WANTED" it to?

Just look at the time stamps in this thread. It started at noon (CDT), Allison posted the first warning not to download at 12:07 pm, and at 12:13 pm we have the first user reporting not being able to connect to the patch any longer. So, less than 15 minutes.

Next conspiracy theory, please.

Just wondering. Can't say I had checked the time stamps. I'm mostly just venting while waiting on a download.

Next anally retentive man, please.

Is this happening to everyone? should i just try to re download or should i wait till tomorrow?

Well here is the announcement about it.

More information based on questions we're seeing frequently. Again, we sincerely apologize if you were inconvenienced by this issue.

1. If you are currently re-downloading the client, and are in initial "downloading" phase (around 11GB), you can exit the launcher to interrupt this download and play 1.2 tomorrow without having to complete it. If you reach any "installing" phase, you will need to complete the re-download.

2. It is fine to log in and play normally right now - the window in which players could be affected was brief.

3. If you started or completed the download and want to play today, you can re-install from your physical discs (but you will need to patch up to 1.1.5, the most recent live version).

4. If you re-download the client today, you will not have to re-download the full client tomorrow.

I take it that if you are at the point where you are re downloading the client thats about 11GB-11.60GB you can wait until tormmrow when 1.2 is released if you want to avoid re downloading the client again.

Hey everybody,

Daniel Erickson

Lead Game Designer

If thats actually true it just points at how unready BW was at creating an MMO. Alpha/Beta bugs still in Live version 5 months in and accidentally screw an unknown amount of people with early patches, now they wait till the night of the patch to mention that oh yea we had to remove a feature you begged and we promised. It was more of a ninja subtraction, but were covering ourselves with this hidden post.

If thats actually true it just points at how unready BW was at creating an MMO. Alpha/Beta bugs still in Live version 5 months in and accidentally screw an unknown amount of people with early patches, now they wait till the night of the patch to mention that oh yea we had to remove a feature you begged and we promised. It was more of a ninja subtraction, but were covering ourselves with this hidden post.

Aye, it's true. Here's the link to the original:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/update-ranked-warzones-game-update-1.2

I guess im waiting till tomorrow, did anyone who had downloaded th pacth did it make your screen go black and not do anything just play the music if so then ill just wait till tomorrow

My 11+Gig download completed, it installed, then it did a 1200 Mg download and that is installing. Ever ending, I think

This thread if very long, and up front I will admit I didn't read all of it. As such, I apologize if this has already been addressed.

I was one of those who attempted to log in today and found the 1.2 patch waiting for me. I downloaded it, and like many others, got stuck in a loading screen afterwards. Having closed the program and reopened it, I discovered the launcher was prompting me to re-download the entire game again starting with Main Assets 1.

As per Allison Berryman's post here I see that if I want to play today, I have to "re-download the client". I am assuming that means the entire game, which is something I'd like to avoid if possible.

My question is this: If I wait until tomorrow and try to log in, will I still be prompted to download the 11GB Main Assets 1, or will it just let me in, seeing as how I've already (at least seemingly) downloaded the patch today?

Any help, in simple English, would be fantastic. Again, my apologies if this has been clarified and I missed it.

According to Bioware. Yes, since you've already downloaded the 1.2 patch this morn and didnt "install" the client(11GB) all over again. Your game is patched as 1.2 right now and ready to go, just need the servers loaded with the patch.

edit: If you did happen to download & install the 11GB client, you would still have to download all patches up to the current 1.1.5 and then download 1.2 again tomorrow when its officially released.

Edited by DweEbOjOe

According to Bioware. Yes, since you've already downloaded the 1.2 patch this morn and didnt "install" the clinent(11GB) all over again. Your game is patched as 1.2 right now and ready to go, just need the servers loaded with the patch.

Thank you for the prompt response.

Thank you for the prompt response.

No problem :D. Again this is how it would work and claims to be according to BW. If they happen to change something on last notice with patch 1.2 to address something else or wahtever, who knows what we will have to download. lol

Since I was affected by this leaked patch, I decided to just leave the game patched and just take the day off from the game. I can still talk to friends & guildies in vent. Although I can't pick up the purple crystal I been saving for.