why is my launcher allready downloading patch?

jersyiii

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-does-Windows-choose-which-files-to-back-up

The more you know...

Secondly, are you suggesting there aren't different ways to configure/optimize servers based on their intended load/purpose? Insult my technical ability, call me a troll, but "cheap"? Them's fightin' words!

/not really

Ok Rainier, when I said more Servers, I meant for them to open their bandwith, the normal way for a server farm to do that is to put more blades online. Just so you know I've been in the IT business for the last 20 years, and yes I have been in charge of a companies server farm. TVM, and have a nice day :rolleyes:

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason is irrelevant? This is interesting analogy logic. Don't quit your day job.

It is irrelevant. Like in my analogy, people are still experiencing disruption, still mad that they don't get the entertainment they wanted, and still going to get that entertainment, just not at the time they anticipated. And like my analogy, life will go on, and rainbows will still appear after the storm.

Would people be less pissed if the login servers were all broken today?

Reinstalled from discs, patch done, in game. Had to redo all my settings, yet another little annoyance but at least that's over with.

I actually only bought the dl version but since I got it from Amazon they sent me the discs, too. Thanks be to Amazon.

This is the only time I'm ever on the forums and the constant back and forth flame (Jane you ignorant ****) posts is why. You guys should get a room since you are so obviously in love.

Guess I was one of the "few" people affected by the glitch.

Decided to reinstall using the disks.

Then I went in, had to download around 100+Mb, which I thought was for the previous 1.1.5 (or whatever... the one before 1.2).

At 99%, it failed, so I reconnected and now I couldn't even get SWTOR to launch. I clicked it... nothing happens but when you go to Windows Task Explorer, SWTOR is on. Tried clicking the icon and it says only on SWTOR can be launched.

Restarted comp - didn't work. Shut down and start again - didn't work. I'm stuck now.

I rarely post but this is very frustrating. Sure, I didn't complain when the glitch happened because, hey... I could reinstall. But now... I can't even get the bloody thing to load.

Looks like I might have to re-install AGAIN for the second time.

Seriously - this is bad. Really bad service.

It is irrelevant. Like in my analogy, people are still experiencing disruption, still mad that they don't get the entertainment they wanted, and still going to get that entertainment, just not at the time they anticipated. And like my analogy, life will go on, and rainbows will still appear after the storm.

Would people be less pissed if the login servers were all broken today?

Look, I invited a friend of mine last night to a 7 day trial -- we had plans to level up new toons today. As a result of this snafu, I'm missing out on some fun experiences with an old friend and I kind of feel like a dick in the process.

If it had been because of an act of god (i.e. a thunderstorm, or an earthquake), then no, I would not be pissed at Bioware or expect recompense. These things happen. But this was a COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE snafu.

The fact that this happens to a paying customer and the best Bioware can offer is "well it didn't happen to many of you!" is pretty awful customer service, and I'm usually exceedingly easy to please.

In sum, don't use bad analogy logic and then expect people to agree with you because you think you're being reasonable.

So I like many other people I'm sure got the patch bug today, where now it is asking me to download the 11 GB's... I read and understand that I can close it and play 1.2 tomorrow and that's great however I am not going to be able to download 11 GB's and find time to play today that download would not finish till late late tonight and I have things I need to take care of... So here's my question will I get compensated for my two battlemaster bag's that I am not going to be able to receive today. I planned on doing my dailies today getting my three wins and my 30 armaments/kills/wzs played. I am trying to get full battlemaster gear and missing two bags means possibly missing two battlemaster tokens. Please let me know what can be done about this or if I am going to have to send an in game message tomorrow to possibly fix this. Thanks.

Wow.

Not surprised to see they screwed the pooch yet again, I'm too lazy to read through this entire thread for all of the details, but obviously I may have a world of fun waiting for me when I load up SWToR after work today.

I re-installed the game from the CDs, went through the various patches (although I had to restart the launcher several times when it hung up), and now the game crashes for me at the initial loading screen.

Each time I try to log in, the game shows that it's downloading a small 5.5MB patch, and then I can log in. But about 6 seconds into the loading screen, it crashes to desktop.

soooooooo slow.... there goes trying to put original mods back into battlemaster gear, and spend commendations on gear. I feel your frustration guys... this is the worst thing that could have happened prior to 1.2 update.

Seems many people (myself included) were gearing up for the final push/day before 1.2 to get what they needed to get done, buy what they needed to buy (speeders/crystals) and remod what they needed to for the armour they might have changed the mods in.

More than anything the mod's I need to put back into my battlemaster gear, are sat in my bank... and the mods in the gear won't get updated. Feel sick I didn't remod earlier, but then again, I like many didn't expect a **** up of monsterous proportions a day before the update.

right now... feel bitterly disappointed/deflated whereas was feeling really excited about playing tomorrow with the new update.

Really off-putting. I hope Bioware you can do something about this ridiculously slow D/L speed.

10 gig to go, and at circa 40 kb/s not holding my breath. That's when I'm lucky not have "network error downloading patch data" every 10 seconds. :(

Edited by Avilos

Look, I invited a friend of mine last night to a 7 day trial -- we had plans to level up new toons today. As a result of this snafu, I'm missing out on some fun experiences with an old friend and I kind of feel like a dick in the process.

If it had been because of an act of god (i.e. a thunderstorm, or an earthquake), then no, I would not be pissed at Bioware or expect recompense. These things happen. But this was a COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE snafu.

The fact that this happens to a paying customer and the best Bioware can offer is "well it didn't happen to many of you!" is pretty awful customer service, and I'm usually exceedingly easy to please.

In sum, don't use bad analogy logic and then expect people to agree with you because you think you're being reasonable.

Soooo Bioware should schedule it's mistakes around your schedule better next time? The "well it didn't happen to many of you" is probably true, relative to the total number of subscribers they have. Forum complaints is not an accurate measure of impact.

In sum, get over it. It's some MMO downtime. It happens. A lot.

They apologized, twice. But tell us instead what you believe would be fair compensation for the harm you suffered.

I re-installed the game from the CDs, went through the various patches (although I had to restart the launcher several times when it hung up), and now the game crashes for me at the initial loading screen.

Each time I try to log in, the game shows that it's downloading a small 5.5MB patch, and then I can log in. But about 6 seconds into the loading screen, it crashes to desktop.

Im having the same problem..

I've never raged on a forum before in fact this did not even affect me personally. I've been patient through all swtors bumps since launch, but I'm sorry i find this completely unacceptable... what a bunch of clowns running this show, still love the game but seriously how you can expect people to pay for this level of service is beyond me.

Im having the same problem..

I restarted my computer, got the same error a few times, and then finally the launcher asked me to agree to the privacy policy again. After doing that, it let me in the game, so hopefully that will work for you.

Sorry for everyone who doesn't have the CD, I feel your pain.

How about us players that screwed over by some dev releasing the patch early get a free day of game time to make up for the fact the my entire day has now been wasted because someone at Bioware is incapable of doing their job. If you would like I would be more than happy to take over their position after this person is fired (which should happen) to ensure that the players never get screwed over like this again. I have 3 years experince working as a 3D modeller and animator designing and rigging characters and environments so this job would be easy for me to do. Just my suggestion, I'm cancelling my account regardless due to this incident and many others concerning your Customer Support team.

Wow.

Not surprised to see they screwed the pooch yet again, I'm too lazy to read through this entire thread for all of the details, but obviously I may have a world of fun waiting for me when I load up SWToR after work today.

You shouldn't have a problem if you haven't even loaded SWTOR today. BioWare removed the "leaks patch 1.2 files" from being automatically downloaded. So it's like normal now.