Update 1.2 Imminent - What is your main prediction on the roll out?

Lord_Cron

Well it seems the first initial signs of this roll out are upon us early! Apparently, people are reporting the patch has come out already due to an "error". People are experiencing an initial download of approx 900mb and the client freezes. When they force close the program and restart, the client beings a whopping download of 11gb! At the end of this, there are people reporting further hangs. Is this an indication of things to come? Would have an advisory by bioware been helpful to those poor intrepid souls who thought they'd get some last minute gaming out of the way before the big patch? Stay tuned.

Is this an indication of things to come?

Errors with patch deployment in a vanilla mmo? Unheard of!

Would have an advisory by bioware been helpful to those poor intrepid souls who thought they'd get some last minute gaming out of the way before the big patch?

It's a video game. Play something else until it's all sorted.

Stay tuned.

We will.

Edited by Blistrich

some of us will enjoy the new flashpoint warzone and raid,

others will beat the new raid 2.5 seconds after release then complain it was to easy

On normal, perhaps. On hard/nightmare, with the class changes and especially heal changes? Yeah, no, they won't.

The forums will be ablaze tomorrow with all the bad players who thought they were good cause the game was stupidly easy due to OP healing crying rivers upon rivers of tears. My prediction is that they will close down the forums at some point or they have an army of temp mods on stand-by. Either way, the pyre will be glorious. And with the way they've been handing out infractions to those that have told the whiners to get a grip, no one will even defend the patch changes, only laugh.

The majority of forum threads will change from complaints about 1.2 not being live yet to complaints about 1.2 being live. Or complaints that 1.3 isn't out yet. Or complaints about having to wait for the rated warzone ePeen meter.

You can please some of the people all of the time,

and all of the people some of the time.

But you cannot please MMO forum posters at any time ever.

Edited by eGraced

i predict the vintage of tears during and after this patch drops, will be most delectable.

i do think a lot of people will be surprised and that bioware kinda overdid the hype.

but in the end its a bump in a long journey. or typical mmo patch qq followed by rancor wrapped in a blanket of rage.

but ill be having a great time customizing my UI for a hour, then ill color match my gear sets.

im sure ill have to hit a lower level planet or flashpoint and get used to my new skill layout....

oh yeah i guess legacy is in my future. i predict ill be happy. great topic needs more tears though kinda dry in 'ere

Well over all it seems to be going over ok, pvpers are miffed at the rated warzone stiff and others are sore over thier class nerfs. I hear more people talking of unsubbing though than I have in the past while. PVE did get harder for some classes for sure. The one thing I couldn't get was why they did the medpac nerf....even though I probably do not use more than one other than when I am in a raid. (SOA) Anywho, they listened to those who were saying the game was too easy. For a real change, the fleet was well populated last night, I do expect this to level off again into normal range very soon. There was nothing earth shattering to keep people hooked all the time or to grow subs in my opinion. For my part, I still love the game and will keep playing until my mouse hand falls off. :)