Is Biochem Still King in 1.2?

itsmymillertime

I am wondering if Biochem is still king in pvp after 1.2. I believe so and here is my reasoing, correct me if I am wrong:

1. I pvp only so making money from crafting means nothing

2. Reusable medpacks/stims/adrenals are not bis but might be too expensive to buy

3. I dont want to spend time to farm mats and make my own non-reusable biochem stuff

Basically I want to use reuseable biochem on my character and see no reason to change. Below are what I see as the benefit of the other crafting professions as per their pvp effectiveness:

1. Artifice: craft +41 crystals which is bis, but does war hero have that stat? In other words buy your crystals now and no need for artifice.

2. Armormech: craft orange gear with augment slot and augments that is boe, not that useful if you have an alt that can do that.

3. Armstech: same as armormech.

4. Cybertech: grenades on 3 minute cooldown, lots of mat farming for a lil aoe damage.

5. Synthweaving: same as armormech.

6. Biochem: Jerky and augmented implants

So have I pretty much summed up 1.2 for crafting and how they effect 1.2 so as long as you are in a guild and / or have friends / alts your mains should be biochem and nothing else.

Comments, Corrections?

Crafting in 1.2 is being balanced so biochem will not look so attractive now compared to armormechs and sythweavers since they can RE gear to be able to craft it and sell it. This also means they can RE war hero gear and be able to craft it with aug slots to my understanding. Making the armor crafting professions top spot for most in 1.2. Edited by Fatealis

Crafting in 1.2 is being balanced so biochem will not look so attractive now compared to armormechs and sythweavers since they can RE gear to be able to craft it and sell it. This also means they can RE war hero gear and be able to craft it with aug slots to my understanding. Making the armor crafting professions top spot for most in 1.2.

But biochem will have the med packs, stims and other stuff.

Gear gets outdated but these always help.

Re-usables are being phased out.

I believe that exotech stims are actually better than rakata stims in 1.2. I could be wrong on this though.

Actually.. I think exotech stims might already be better than rakata stims, just the tooltip is bugged in the current version.

Re-usables are being phased out.

I believe that exotech stims are actually better than rakata stims in 1.2. I could be wrong on this though.

Actually.. I think exotech stims might already be better than rakata stims, just the tooltip is bugged in the current version.

Except no one wants to use exotech in a pug. Maybe in a rated game, but still the costs are pretty high on my server.

Unless they change the War Hero schematics the crafted pieces are BOP.

Meaning you can't just get your alt to make you crit crafted WH gear. I hope they change this to bind on legacy, but who knows.

Unless they change the War Hero schematics the crafted pieces are BOP.

Meaning you can't just get your alt to make you crit crafted WH gear. I hope they change this to bind on legacy, but who knows.

This was actually changed recently on the PTS, they're BOE now.

Until BW see sense and make biochemists able to craft stacks (multiple 10 / 25 for ie.) of 1-time use medpacks per craft (bit like factory crates in swg), or new medpacks are introduced which make the current end-game reusable piss poor stat-wise, then biochem re-useables for pvp characters will continue to be the preferred choice IMHO.

BOE War Hero gear you could trade from your main to your alt so he can RE it into a Schematic, and essentially anyone else too, ie selling WH Gear?!?

O.o

Well, it's just an empty orange slotted item. So people can have the appearance if they want.

The rated war hero gear can also apparently be crafted and is BOE. Though it's BOE it has a rating requirement to wear so people can't have that appearance without having the rating.

Same deal, empty orange slotted item.

Edited by ShadowOfVey

Well, it's just an empty orange slotted item. So people can have the appearance if they want.

The rated war hero gear can also apparently be crafted and is BOE. Though it's BOE it has a rating requirement to wear so people can't have that appearance without having the rating.

Same deal, empty orange slotted item.

Ok, I misunderstood the gear I think.

War Hero Gear is just another Orange Item you can get the set to get the "skin" you like...?

So, where do the new mods and all that which people will be taking out and putting into the "crit oranges" come from?

I had understood the new WH pvp gear had them in it.

Edited by Wheelerific

I've got four characters.

level 50 Human juggarnuat Darth Veil With Synthaweaving

level 50 Sith Pureblood Assassin Darth Omission With Artifice

level 42 Cyborg Marauder Lord Sattose With Cybertech

level 36 Human Sorcerer Lord Spiritus With Biochem

all of them I enjoy, I can make my own custom armor, and my own mods for my custom armor, I can may my self anything I need for any of my characters and my companions. To be honest I'm not in it for the credits because I can make them easy by selling mods, medpacks, stims, or any epic belts or bracers.

I would say I'm self sufficient.

Edited by Hellrazer

Any changes that put a STOP to any one profession, whether biochem, slicing or basketweaving, the one undisputed "king" such that people get so violently insulted at "the sheer magnitude of your stupidity" if you don't practice that profession, that they work themselves up enough to have a stroke mid-rant... any such changes are welcome in my book.

Ok, I misunderstood the gear I think.

War Hero Gear is just another Orange Item you can get the set to get the "skin" you like...?

So, where do the new mods and all that which people will be taking out and putting into the "crit oranges" come from?

I had understood the new WH pvp gear had them in it.

If I understand correctly, the Warhero gear without aug slots from the pvp vendors will come with all the mods. It's the crit crafted orange variety that will come empty. Thus you'll buy the normal warhero gear and transfer it to the crafted variety if you want an aug slot.

Edited by WinterWraith

If I understand correctly, the Warhero gear without aug slots from the pvp vendors will come with all the mods. It's the crit crafted orange variety that will come empty.

OH ok ok.

So, let's say I want a crit augment slotted set of the new WH Gear on my main.

I buy the new WH gear on my main, take out all the mods/enhances/armors, then that empty piece of WH armor will be tradable to my lvl 30 Jugg Synthweaving alt, in which he can then RE and get a schematic for the WH gear, and craft it in hopes of a crit.

Yes?

Thanks so much for already clearing up some of the things I wrongly thought.

Edited by Wheelerific

I think the new problem with making biochem overall useful for everone is how it screws over all the alts that were made with biochem to also have reusbales as well.

So now, they cant make biochem all of a sudden applicable to how it should work in an MMO, and to be shared with other crafts because if they did that from the beginning, then people would have alts with synweaving and other crafts.

Seriously, which genius thought of pigeon holing biochem?

By pigeon holing bio chem not only do they ruin crafting, but the economy, and open world pvp.

But... with this introduction of 1.2 it looks like they are fixing it, but that only means that people would want to make a lvl 10 alt that has synweaving or whatever other now useful craft... because biochem is still too good.

Good job Bioware. You ruined peoples alts, crafting and how it can fit in the open world with lvl 50 alts and other crafts. Since to give everyone biochem reuasbles is 'fixing' the problem but 4 months too late.

Can someone with MMO experience help these people?

Edited by VegaPhone

I think the new problem with making biochem overall useful for everone is how it screws over all the alts that were made with biochem to also have reusbales as well.

So now, they cant make biochem all of a sudden applicable to how it should work in an MMO, and to be shared with other crafts because if they did that from the beginning, then people would have alts with synweaving and other crafts.

Seriously, which genius thought of pigeon holing biochem?

By pigeon holing bio chem not only do they ruin crafting, but the economy, and open world pvp.

But... with this introduction of 1.2 it looks like they are fixing it, but that only means that people would want to make a lvl 10 alt that has synweaving or whatever other now useful craft.

Good job Bioware. You ruined peoples alts, crafting and how it can fit in the open world with lvl 50 alts and other crafts. Since to give everyone biochem reuasbles is 'fixing' the problem but 4 months too late.

Can someone with MMO experience help these people?

?????

Riiight, because rerolling a new craft, ESPECIALLY on a lower level alt that hasn't gotten rare high end recipes from ops and other places, is sooo hard.....

/rolleyes

Edited by Wheelerific

OH ok ok.

So, let's say I want a crit augment slotted set of the new WH Gear on my main.

I buy the new WH gear on my main, take out all the mods/enhances/armors, then that empty piece of WH armor will be tradable to my lvl 30 Jugg Synthweaving alt, in which he can then RE and get a schematic for the WH gear, and craft it in hopes of a crit.

Yes?

Thanks so much for already clearing up some of the things I wrongly thought.

I have found an article by the amazing Dulfy, explaining exactly what my question was, here is a snippet:

Lastly, all the endgame PvP armor (Battlemaster, Unrated War Hero, and Rated War Hero) can have their shell crafted for appearance and augment slots!

On the Armsmech/Synthweaving PvP vendors there are schematic boxes you can purchase for 50 k credits that give you empty orange shell schematics for the 5 set piece. These schematics don't require any fancy crafting mats and the pieces they crafted are BoE (Bind on Equip, tradeable) but they have certain requirements to wear. Battlemaster crafting pieces require Valor 60 to wear, Unrated War Hero pieces require Valor 70 to wear and Rated War Hero pieces require a certain PvP rating to wear.

PvP Crafting Armor

awesomeeeeeeeeee

?????

Riiight, because rerolling a new craft, ESPECIALLY on a lower level alt that hasn't gotten rare high end recipes from ops and other places, is sooo hard.....

/rolleyes

So you have the time to pay for med pacs, stims, and adrenals when not having them being reusable from biochem, and to farm for every alt, doing dailies so you can pay for the repairs and expenses.

I guess you dont plan on haivng many alts or many different crafts.

Unless you are one of those people who get a craft that is not useful for pvp, endgame, or ops, and dont spend money on the stims, adrenals, and med pacs and hope for the rest of the team to carry you.

Thats the problem and biochem is too good that it pigeon holes people.

Also the fact that you need a lvl 50 to get recipes from ops just shows how the crafts when it pigeon holes is not done right. Its too much of an inconvenience to have another craft.

I suppose the crafters are hoping to make their money back by selling their crafts. Which they would end spending on stims, and other money sinks... however, thats going to work out only on a nicely populated server.

edit: also having an alt lvl 10 for the other crafts will use up a hefty amount of space on how many characters per server. If you plan on having more.

Also the guild features might help, and how the recipes drop to have lvl 10 alt crafters.

But at the end of the day, biochem is a safe bet, and thats the problem. I dont want to take a chance with a craft that hurts one characters, while the other benefits more.

Edited by VegaPhone