The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

When will there be a SERVER MERGE?

gizbug

I already cancelled any many have, the game won't last another month IMO, if they do do something ASAP they are going to drop below 1mill subs within weeks.

Although I've come back after being miffed... I can see that not getting into my fave aspect of the game WZ's would prolly push me away again.

I was chatting to some folks tonight and they've had to disband their guild due to people leaving the game :(

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Today I had the WORST WZ I've ever played and I was so mad at my Republic friends that I almost didn't join the queue again, I ended the night on the mest Hutt Ball game I've ever played!!! :) Imps were kicking our bums and then out of no where we just started to score, we started to stick toghether and found a rhythm, we hit 4/4 and then just stole it with score 5 and 6 :)

WZ's are as fresh as you can get your team to make them. I even stealthed behind a guy on voidstar and we were stood practically back to back as I planted the bomb with another stealthed ally right next to me... it was great and we couldn't believe we got away with it :D

Hopefully BW/EA will do something to improve community/queue/PVE activity for players and the community at large but I don't think the community as a whole, even though it whines a lot has a lot of faith in the speed at which BW/EA are moving.

I was talking about his D3. It's launching with zero PvP.

I still feel Merges are a better idea than letting ppl choose where they go.

Unless they make EVERYONE on certain servers leave. If not, all of the best ppl may leave the light servers and make them even worse than they are now.

Here is how a modern MMO solved it:

"We already have a large and growing population of players (both old and new) on Feral Valley, and populations are leveling out across the remaining PvP servers. There are still queues on the more popular servers, but overall, queue sizes are now half of what they were previously. More importantly, you now have a choice. You can stay where you are and ride out the queue-storm, or switch to Feral Valley now, knowing that you can switch back to Valley of Titans once the queues die down so you can play [CENSORED NAME] with your friends."

We are getting so shafted its ridiculous. I may or may not check out swtor in say.. 6 months when paid beta test is over.

Unless they make EVERYONE on certain servers leave. If not, all of the best ppl may leave the light servers and make them even worse than they are now.

Another reason for sever merger... sever transfers are a hassle for you and all your characters, not do mention all your friends. Lame Bioware

Here is how a modern MMO solved it:

We are getting so shafted its ridiculous. I may or may not check out swtor in say.. 6 months when paid beta test is over.

I too feel we are getting the shaft and BW couldnt care less.

Edited by GreatGarth

THIS IS PATHETIC... I just logged in for ***** and giggles onto Black Vulkars, "3" PEOPLE ON THE FLEET during the prime time window.... "3" !!!! (thats ME and TWO OTHER PEOPLE)..... G G ! /wrists

There are 1 person on Kai-Kan republic fleet. 0 persons when I log out (and never come back after my free month is up). I feel treated like I was trash really. I love the game but hearing "reroll" as my only solution is spitting in my face. Spent 3 months working on this character. Never again will I trust this company.

edit:

Actually, one more logged in now. So we are 3 ppl on the whole server. Massive morning rush. Buckle up

Edited by DarthNiktu

THIS IS PATHETIC... I just logged in for ***** and giggles onto Black Vulkars, "3" PEOPLE ON THE FLEET during the prime time window.... "3" !!!! (thats ME and TWO OTHER PEOPLE)..... G G ! /wrists

Weird. I just logged off of Black Vulkars and there were 65 people on the Imperial fleet. So either you're lying or you're playing the weaker faction. I mean really? Who plays Republic on Black Vulkars? You're just askin to get beat.:rak_03:

There are 1 person on Kai-Kan republic fleet. 0 persons when I log out (and never come back after my free month is up)

Bioware's lack of action will bankrupt their silly asses...this is seriously the FIRST and ONLY company i've seen ever open so many servers at launch and epicly fail in less the 6 months! D3 hurry up!!!!! Im BORED!!!!

Weird. I just logged off of Black Vulkars and there were 65 people on the Imperial fleet. So either you're lying or you're playing the weaker faction. I mean really? Who plays Republic on Black Vulkars? You're just askin to get beat.:rak_03:

yeah I stated republic, imps are for sissies lol.

Actually never got into the imp story line too much, I prefer the "good guys"...but still, 65 people is HORRIBLE dont ya get it? in March IMP fleet was 250-300 ppl , republic was 120.... SERVER IS DEAD SON

yeah I stated republic, imps are for sissies lol.

Actually never got into the imp story line too much, I prefer the "good guys"...but still, 65 people is HORRIBLE dont ya get it? in March IMP fleet was 250-300 ppl , republic was 120.... SERVER IS DEAD SON

Haha sorry. Must've missed where u said u were Republic. My condolences. ;)

But seriously, even with only 65 people on the Imperial fleet (which is a slow night btw), I never have a problem finding a group for Flashpoints and all Warzone brackets are nearly insta-que. I mean c'mon, what more do some people want?

EDIT: and Imperial fleet was never 250-300. It's been steady around 100-150 since launch. Very little change.

Edited by WrecklessMEDIC

The lack of response on their part is getting my knickers in a twist. I mean Ive been trying to get my friends to get this game since launch but the developers cant even do anything to want me to stay. Edited by GreatGarth

Of course it's a better idea. I play WZ with the same 15 people every night. Even in prime time Valkar Highway has only 30-40 people on board. But we have a very engaged WZ community but Rep side of our server is very thin.

What this means is that if we are forced to transfer to random servers to get in a higher pop server everyone will end up getting separated and since there are no server specific forums there is no easy way to coordinate a group move. That sucks. I like the guys I play with. I shouldn't have to pick between my fellow players and a higher pop server. If they simply looked at their own metrics and said, "Ok, let's just group these two and group these three," etc that would solve the population problem and keep friends together.

What they are suggesting is just so stupid. I have never seen anything like it. In EQ, in FFXI, in FFXIV when pop dropped the dev team merged the servers based on pop numbers they could see on the back end. It seems like every chance they get where they could improve things and the right choice is obvious they just crap a brick.

Of course it's a better idea. I play WZ with the same 15 people every night. Even in prime time Valkar Highway has only 30-40 people on board. But we have a very engaged WZ community but Rep side of our server is very thin.

What this means is that if we are forced to transfer to random servers to get in a higher pop server everyone will end up getting separated and since there are no server specific forums there is no easy way to coordinate a group move. That sucks. I like the guys I play with. I shouldn't have to pick between my fellow players and a higher pop server. If they simply looked at their own metrics and said, "Ok, let's just group these two and group these three," etc that would solve the population problem and keep friends together.

What they are suggesting is just so stupid. I have never seen anything like it. In EQ, in FFXI, in FFXIV when pop dropped the dev team merged the servers based on pop numbers they could see on the back end. It seems like every chance they get where they could improve things and the right choice is obvious they just crap a brick.

Bump

+1

Man, even TERA has char transfer since launch, what a *********** fail joke from Bioware.

They should really close some servers and try to concentrate ppl in 3 or 4 servers, create more "Fatman like" servers, **** the queues, i dont minds queues, as long as there is a ton of ppl to play with.

Today i created a char on the Fatman, just to see what was happening.

What i saw: 60 people on Ord Mantell, the first planet u play as a trooper/smuggler.

60 people on Ord Mantell?

On my server if u try to create a tooper u will find only one person on Ord Mantell: YOU.

Despite all the work on my toons i swear by all the Gods in Vallhalla: if they do not implement transfers and merge some servers until next month, im out.

You dont launch a effing MMO game without the char transfer system, thats just lame and amateur stuff.

The lack of response on their part is getting my knickers in a twist. I mean Ive been trying to get my friends to get this game since launch but the developers cant even do anything to want me to stay.

What do you want them to say that they haven't already said? Targeted free character transfers are on the way ASAP. Saying they're ignoring the problem doesn't make it true just because you said it. Reality is still reality.

yea I rolled on fatman today at an offtime and it was nearly 100 peoeple on kor, it was like you got instantly invited to groups and guilds and people leveling together.

reminded me of launch day.

I swear, if people would just DO IT, they'd see the difference and realize how foolish it was to sit on their old server, no matter HOW many legacy levels they had.

I logged off around 10:15pm and there were 214 people on the Republic fleet.

Bioware's lack of action will bankrupt their silly asses...this is seriously the FIRST and ONLY company i've seen ever open so many servers at launch and epicly fail in less the 6 months! D3 hurry up!!!!! Im BORED!!!!

Exact my words... It's amazing how BW just ignore the fact that the game is going down the drain because of empty servers and Queue's longer than <---------------------------Bored----------------------------->

Bioware you cant and will NEVER get so many subs as wow. Face the facts and do something to save the rest of you playerbase. We love the game, but we DONT love empty servers. :mad:

Exact my words... It's amazing how BW just ignore the fact that the game is going down the drain because of empty servers and Queue's longer than <---------------------------Bored----------------------------->

Bioware you cant and will NEVER get so many subs as wow. Face the facts and do something to save the rest of you playerbase. We love the game, but we DONT love empty servers. :mad:

Yeah, $20 million a month is a "failure" LOL.

Keep it up, Dawg. You're doin' fine...

Too many people thinking like this is exactly why factions in MMO are stupid.

There is no "weaker" faction, just a weak minded generation that went from "good equals cool"

...to "bad equals i'm good at this game and a PvP pro!"