The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

When will there be a SERVER MERGE?

gizbug

What is funny is the fact that they actually have the ability to do server transfers and keep legacy because they did it for free to the Asian Servers, hmm... Edited by Tuscad

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is funny is the fact that they actually have the ability to do server transfers and keep legacy because they did it for free to the Asian Servers, hmm...

They did it MANUALLY. C'mon, man. That's obviously not a solution for the rest of the population.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

They did it MANUALLY. C'mon, man. That's obviously not a solution for the rest of the population.

They can still do it and the game needs it now. I am no programmer so I have no idea how difficult it would be to make an automated system to solve this. While time consuming, this seems to be most important issue that overall playerbase seems to agree upon.

They can still do it and the game needs it now. I am no programmer so I have no idea how difficult it would be to make an automated system to solve this. While time consuming, this seems to be most important issue that overall playerbase seems to agree upon.

I agree. They need to pay overtime to the team that's working on it if they have to and get it out THIS MONTH, if they hope to create the atypical trend of increasing subs at 6 months old.

I forgot to mention that they should leave people on the healthy servers where they are, I.E. Fatman, Harbinger and Canderous.

I agree. They need to pay overtime to the team that's working on it if they have to and get it out THIS MONTH, if they hope to create the atypical trend of increasing subs at 6 months old.

I want this game to grow and prosper in more ways than one so badly.

Okay, i would love to see a solution to the low population issue. I am on a Light PvP realm and not many people are ever on, but that doesnt really matter. A lot of people on this blog just want a high population so they can sit in the Fleets and spam flashpoints and PvP too level 50. I am a former WoW player and literally got from 10-85 without leaving the confines of stormwind. And i did this in less then a week. Bioware is trying to avoid this, They obviously want to please their consumers, but do not want people to sit in the fleet the whole time. If they wanted this they would have not even made other planets to go to. They will fix the problem, but its not as simple as throwing ten light servers together to get a server with an extremely high pop that "pings" 10000000000000. Give them time, i take a high school programming course and making a program for a simple Calculator takes forever. Imagine how much goes into this game? Bioware is an honest company, they know what they are doing, if they didnt how do you think they wouldnt of got the funding to create this game. THEY WILL FIX THE PROBLEM, until then everyone just be patient.

LOL yeah Blizz is so great at listening to players they lost what? 50% of their USA/Europe player base? All of which just after an expansion ...

You might want to have a look at WoW forums, they are almost a mirror of these.... Especially the "MY SERVER IS TEH EMPTY GIEF TRANSFER" and the "BLIZZARD YOU RUINED MY LIFE" threads

I'm on them everyday you sir are wrong. Most of the time there are more people on my wow guild then on the fleet.

I want this game to succeed but this early summer crap is bs and thats for transfers. why don't they just give the people what they want its not without reason its almost as if the people who play this game care more about it then the ones who make it. My trust in bioware keeps dropping everyday after losing so many subs you would think

they try and keep the ones they have.

Logged out frustrated for the first time today. Couldn't get any 10-49 warzones. 95 republic players logged in total at10pm on a west coast server.

The sad thing is that I like this game and I want to play it. However I cannot actually play, most of my time is spent standing around doing nothing waiting for action. It's extremely boring and I've looked for alternative entertainment for the first time in 6 months.

On second though: They should compensate by creating more servers.

How special would you feel if you had your VERY OWN SERVER!

That way the folks who don't want their "community" ruined by a cross server LFG can single handedly prevent it's use, and thereby the destruction of "community" that would obviously ensue!

On second though: They should compensate by creating more servers.

How special would you feel if you had your VERY OWN SERVER!

That way the folks who don't want their "community" ruined by a cross server LFG can single handedly prevent it's use, and thereby the destruction of "community" that would obviously ensue!

:rolleyes:

X-server toggle. I've already offered this idea on the X-server LFG thread.

I just want to post my vote for YES on server merges...

I am currently in the only Republic city fleet in this game and 7 people are online in the fleet. 5 total lvl 50's on throughout the entire server... Think I will get a 4 man instance run anytime soon? That was rhetorical.

I have been in the pvp queu since I logged on tonight 3 hours ago.

we need server mergers and transfers NOW! not in 3 months when the game is dead and burried.

What he said... Servers are dying cause people get bored. 30min Queue for a huttball... Naahhh then I rather wait for GW2 or something else. This is waste of my money. Bioware dont want to admit they have made a bad decision.

Edited by DFade

The whiners whined at launch when lots of servers had queues. Bioware responded by raising server caps and adding servers. But, as always, the whining doesn't stop, it just finds a new direction.

Now, whiners whine about NOT having a server queue.

The silent majority on your *ALERT: sarcasm* "ghost server" */sarcasm* doesn't want a server merge, they're too busy NOT sitting around on the fleet twiddling their thumbs and spamming.

I have 3 Republic 50s on a decidedly Imp-heavy server that hovers between Light/Standard, and I have a Sith on The Fatman I've toyed with off and on for 3 months (he's on Voss). I've seen both "sides" of the coin.

Why isn't the Sith 50 after 3 months?

Because I'm not sitting in an "effing" queue, for one thing.

The fleet lags there.

General chat there is an abomination, and I'm not talking about just the fleet.

He's Sith, after all, they're the bad guys.

I'm too busy playing on my "ghost server" Republic characters.

Server merge? NO. Not needed. Quit crying.

Paid server transfers? I don't have a problem with this at all! I'll not begrudge someone from joining the "winning team" if they so desire, plus it generates a little extra revenue for Bioware. However, until they're available, a wise man in another thread offered these two options:

1) Reroll

2) Unsub

I, along with most of the "silent majority", don't give a rat's rectum which option you choose; as long as it means one less whiner whining about one less thing on the forums, we win.

HAHAHA it doesn't mean one less whiner, it means 1 person out of every 4 quit last quarter, and more will follow suit unless bioware will do something about the inability to play their game due to population. If you want to play solo on a "ghost server", you would probably be much happier with an RPG game that is played offline, not a sub based mmorpg

The sad thing is that I like this game and I want to play it. However I cannot actually play, most of my time is spent standing around doing nothing waiting for action. It's extremely boring and I've looked for alternative entertainment for the first time in 6 months.

Same for me. Except I couldn't play the game since April.

ALL I've worked for has been for nigh. I HATE grinding. I HATE leveling. Nothing is more frustrated. I thought that I finally would just be able to play the game at my leisure and have "fun". Thats when the server started to die. All dead now. Dead dead dead.

If it wasn't for the free month I wouldn't be here. And I wont be in 2 weeks when the free time runs out.

bye bye. Thanks for the fish

ALL I've worked for has been for nigh. I HATE grinding. I HATE leveling. Nothing is more frustrated. I thought that I finally would just be able to play the game at my leisure and have "fun". Thats when the server started to die. All dead now. Dead dead dead.

If it wasn't for the free month I wouldn't be here. And I wont be in 2 weeks when the free time runs out.

You hate leveling? Then yeah, this game is probably not for you, especially since BioWare has not only mentioned, but HIGHLIGHTED the fact that the leveling class stories is the hook for this game, than rolling alts is part of their endgame. They've mentioned and highlighted that for the last four years.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Well this does have the shortest and easiest levelling of any mainstream MMORPG , so perhaps they just aren't for you.

Yeah merging servers is the anser, or if they dont want to manage all the transfers for people that are not curently playing, when the tranfers come, they should recomend Servers, and block you to join servers with lowest population.

its for your own good!