Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

When will there be a SERVER MERGE?

gizbug

QFT

A server merge I would HATE. EQ did it, and I lost EVERY SINGLE ONE of my characters names. Whereas allowing transfers to be done to a server *I* wish, I can make sure the name(s) I care about are available there first.

And, before anyone says names don't matter, that's fine. They don't to you. They do to some of us.

Server transfers? Yes, please.

Server Merging? Hell, no!

they can fix the name issue by allowing surnames, separated by a period. LIke they do in Tera.

They could allow more people per planet by using channels. like they do in Tera.

But they dont know how to run an MMO. It's too bad. Good story lines, good graphics, good gameplay.

Bad management...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont care about names, whats the problem with people arguing pages over pages for that

we want to feel that we play an MMO, not everyone is playing on fatman or tofd

you can change my chars name to all random what so ever i dont care and give me a better server.... it is not cool when 20 people on republic fleet with 1 lvl 50 wz running at peak hours

you can rename all my characters Bob1, Bob2, Bob3, for all I care as long as I can play with other people.

In other MMOs they allow you to keep your name but add a suffix denoting the server you came from.

Such as BobKC for Bob from Kass City.

Edited by illgot

I rarely post on these forums at all but at this point I have to say......

MERGE THE DANG SERVERS!!!

I mean unless you are purposely trying to run people off, what the heck???

They're afraid they'll lose subs/new players if they merge, so they're not doing it, meaning that they're losing subs/new players.

It makes perfect sense :p

I am somewhat interested, he says in the interview that they're doing everything and anything to get more people playing...

Was the Rakghoul Plague event their best idea, more so than Cross-Server Group Finders or Server Merges or Server Transfers?

yes, apparently so

The lack of a good cross server LFG option, rail system content, and dead servers has pushed me to unsub today. It's a shame too since I planned on playing this game for many many years. I may come back later on if I don't find something better, but I usually don't re-visit mmo's that I leave.

i started out wanting a server transfer really bad but as time has passed and the game has developed, i really am not that interested.

originally i wanted my lvl 41 guardian moved from colonel tobin to the harbinger so i could continue to use him, but since 1.2 i have wanted nothing more than a sith pureblood guardian, so i think i'll just level up a juggernaut to 50 as a SP, and then reroll a guardian pureblood.

the only character i really want to move now is my lvl 29 scoundrel, but i can reroll and be lvl 29 in no time. i'll transfer over a few characters if it's free, but if i have to pay 25 dollars i'll pass.

If somethng isn't done about server pop soon I will be leaving as well. There were 22 on Reb side last night in Fleet. At one point I was the only one on Voss. This is not a MMO it's a single player game

I agree. On the server The Constant it's impossible to get a pvp game during off-peak hours and even during peak it's a long wait. I'd like to see an official response to this soon. The longer Bioware waits to take action, the more people will continue to leave and the problem on low-pop servers will continue to get worse. I like this game but I am really starting to get frustrated.

Merge some of the low-pop servers until they have a comparable population to the higher pop ones. Everyone pays the same subscription fee, they should be entitled to a similar user experience.

Please allow either mergers or server transfers.

Also, if mergers worry people for names sake priority, then create a new empty server where 2-3 servers will "merge" into.

First transfer, first served. Just like when the game launched, whoever got into the game first got to pick names first.

Ok, just a warning im so *********** angry. ALLOW TRANSFER OR MERGE ALREADY. I'm so sick and tired of login into an empty server, where I see the same people PvP'ing. The same server that has 3 guilds that can even do 16 man raids, 2 of which can clear NMM and won't accept new players, because they are full and want to be that guild that pushing content on the server.

Its ******** that us players on smaller servers have to put up w/ this crap especially when a new content patch is coming out. Players on small servers are going to be left behind.

WAITING A MONTH+ IS UNACCEPTABLE BIOWARE.

Just leave or restar on Fatman or new server. Is not hard to hit 50.

Seems like almost every server is low population. At Peak hours, there are not many people on any one server. Rift had this issue, and in the beginning, they shut down servers, and allowed people to merge to other servers. It's odd that it takes hours at lvl 50 for a PVP game to pop, as there is hardly anyone on the servers. They also need to implement CROSS REALM Ques. WOW did this, and was a huge success. For any new MMO not to include this off the bat, is beyond bizarre to me. I think Bioware is too focused on fixing bugs than getting these servers in line. Wish I never leveled on what is now a "Low POP" server, as most of the time I feel like this is a single player game.

Bioware, what say you?

Doubt there will be one, as it's not needed. Free server transfers, however, are coming, have already started, and will fix the issue of lower concurrent playing.

Doubt there will be one, as it's not needed. Free server transfers, however, are coming, have already started, and will fix the issue of lower concurrent playing.

If they have already started then it's hard to understand the delay in offering it to the vast majority of the userbase.

If they have already started then it's hard to understand the delay in offering it to the vast majority of the userbase.

All at once?? With a population like TOR has across all servers? Do you WANT the servers to crash? There doesn't exist hardware on this PLANET that can take that kind of load...

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Free server transfers, however, are coming, have already started, and will fix the issue of lower concurrent playing.

Where are these free server transfers you speak of? Already started? Do you mean the Australian servers? 'Cause I never heard of transfers happening right now...

Where are these free server transfers you speak of? Already started? Do you mean the Australian servers? 'Cause I never heard of transfers happening right now...

Check the dev tracker. Stephen Reid has stated several times how APAC is the beginning of server transfers for everyone.