10pm downtime? Really?

Staavis_SC

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see so many people like yourself that are more than happy to pay to beta test 1.2.

Call it what you like, whatever makes you comfy. I AM happy to pay for something that I enjoy. And I enjoy this game and am very curious to see what comes with time.

You presume too much.

I am also still having fun with the game, otherwise I wouldn't be playing it.

I subbed for the long haul as well, and no, $20 a month isn't a huge deal to me.

I too am looking forward to some of the changes coming with 1.2

But I don't think anyone should have to pay to beta test.

And if you think for one second 1.2 is in a good place atm, good enough to go live; then at least we will have something to disagree on

name an MMO that isn't being "beta-tested"?

i don't have a toon on PTS so i can't comment on the state of readiness of 1.2, but here is what i am looking forward to in 1.2

1. snipers can enter cover when rooted

2. snipers get a heal debuff

3. a team of triple and quadruple healers will actually die

4. operatives can't do a double tap hidden strike back to back

5. dps sorcs doing the double lightning bug get fixed

6. healing sorcs doing double deliverence proc heal get fixed

7. sorcs actually have to manage force energy like the rest of the classes

8. there is another wz to play

I understand downtime. I have no issue with it.

What I do have an issue with is:

1) West Coast constantly getting the shaft on downtime, and this time around, getting it even worse.

2) We were told we'd have 3 days notice of 1.2. Apparently, that was a lie.

Heck, if they would have gone with the patch at Midnight, AS USUAL, then maybe I'd have not posted at all.

You may resume your trolling now.

Wait, you're complaining about when the downtime happens and you live in America?

Ahem.

LOL.

/eating popcorn and thinking

hmm... now I think about it, I think it is not fair for EU and AUS to have the regular "prime time" maintenance, how about if we rotate it every week.

1st week, AUS prime time maintenance

2nd week, EU prime time maintenance

3rd week, east coast prime time maintenance

4th week, west coast prime time maintenance

oh wait, still got hawaii, OMG, how can I please everyone!! :eek:

lession: lower your performance, thus lower expectation from others, then only way is to go up to improve

/continue eating popcorn

Wait, you're complaining about when the downtime happens and you live in America?

Ahem.

LOL.

Hey, hey, maybe the guy's like me and works a graveyard shift and that day just happens to be his day off (like it is mine). It sucks on a personal when they bring the servers down at 2am for people on a night schedule because that's prime time for us owls.

But meh, it's 1.2 and I really want a Sith Jedi Knight :p Can't work around everyone's schedule though and the servers have to come down sooometime to integrate new content. So whatev. Just as long as my gaming experience improves, I can go without playing during MY prime time for a day.

I understand downtime. I have no issue with it.

What I do have an issue with is:

1) West Coast constantly getting the shaft on downtime, and this time around, getting it even worse.

2) We were told we'd have 3 days notice of 1.2. Apparently, that was a lie.

Heck, if they would have gone with the patch at Midnight, AS USUAL, then maybe I'd have not posted at all.

You may resume your trolling now.

And if the catered to West Coast time zone, some one else will 'get the shaft'. Oh well. Thats life.

29 pages...

I'm not sure what's more sad..the length of this thread or that I read most of it.

I'm EU and enjoying some quality gaming time during the day during spring break / easter holiday and I'll be actually losing about 6 hours of gameplay.

The world's gonna end.

Actually it won't. I'll just watch some classic DVDs again, enjoy the day, clean up my comp, maybe even do the dishes do please the wife and then score some. ;)

And there are actually some ppl beyond the big pond who cry about two hours. No offense, US citizens I lub most of ya, but something is really wrong in your country. Well...thinking about it...in mine as well...must have something to do with the top of the food-chain-sentience thing. ;)

I have a silly question. I understand it conceptually, but what does QQ mean? I get that it's for people who whine and complain, but why QQ? Does it stand for something? Is it a visual representation of something? What?

Also, I've noticed that speakers of British English (I'm including South Africans and Austro-New Zealanders) spell it "whinging" while American English spells it "whining". Is that observation correct? Where does this come from? Are they pronounced the same? From my American viewpoint, based on spelling alone, I would pronounce whinging like hinging (win-jing) and whining like dining (wine-ing).

I have a silly question. I understand it conceptually, but what does QQ mean? I get that it's for people who whine and complain, but why QQ? Does it stand for something? Is it a visual representation of something? What?

Visual representation of two eyes...dribbling tears.

Also, I've noticed that speakers of British English (I'm including South Africans and Austro-New Zealanders) spell it "whinging" while American English spells it "whining". Is that observation correct? Where does this come from? Are they pronounced the same? From my American viewpoint, based on spelling alone, I would pronounce whinging like hinging (win-jing) and whining like dining (wine-ing).

Two different words, actually. Similar meanings. You've got the right of it pronunciation-wise. :) Whinge rhymes with hinge and whine rhymes with dine.

QQ is the visual representation of 2 eyes crying tears...

i had no idea whinging was how British english spell it... i thought they were just bad spellers! lol

(much like how people say turrents instead of turrets)

QQ is the visual representation of 2 eyes crying tears...

i had no idea whinging was how British english spell it... i thought they were just bad spellers! lol

(much like how people say turrents instead of turrets)

just bad spellers? LOL nah, you guys just like to change words in English and how they are spelt :p

Some people on this thread are really angry spoiled rotten kids.

"I was lied to! they said three days!" So what? you got 2 days! Is your life REALLY that hectic you need to plan your gaming schedule 3 days prior to playing?

I highly doubt it. Don't be that guy who thinks the world revolves around them! Don't be a entitled *****