Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

literaly no pvp gear for pvp player when hitting 50

GorZie

This belongs actually in the PTS forum

Why is no-one thinking of new players at Bioware?

Lets assume new players who plays this game just because they like the pvp. When they reach 40 there will be nothing left to buy for them for warzone comms. In addition when they hit 50 they can buy 2 BM items, and start grinding again.

I don't understand why the recruit gear is not available for players with valor rank 40+ for warzone coms. So they could actually buy something useful. It still should require level 50 to wear thou.

I'm just about to hit 40 on the PTS and I have exactly 37.000 credits. I cant see myself having the money to buy the recruit gear when I hit 50.

I do not doubt that people who do alot of missions will have the money. But what about the people who do PVP for a living ? o.O

Edited by GorZie

It's not like you don't have a way to get a high level pvp gear. Do some missions, heroics and you can get enough money to buy. Bioware will not give a high quality set for you just to play some warzones, and now is just too easy to buy these things.

The first time I hit 50 I had around 700k credits.

The second time I hit 50 I had around 500k credits. (Lvl'ed my crew skills more)

As long as you don't spend your credits on purples that will get replaced in 2 levels or other useless stuff you should have more then enough credits.

Also, "NEWS FLASH" at 50 there are dailies that can provide you with 300k in 2 days. Including other means in acquiring credits.

Pvping pre 50 can also net you with 1k merc/ 1k wz commendations that can be traded in for a battlemaster piece in the next coming patch. If you do not do this only person to blame is yourself.

Edited by cupofwater

Perhaps you might have to do a little bit of...you know...work (dailies) in order to buy it?

I understand having to put forth a nominal amount of effort for what equates to current Champion gear might be the anathema to a lot of players, but good Lord.

Get to 48, push straight through the rest of your class quest, and daily out to 50. You will have plenty of credits to buy the new gear.

Plenty.

Not thinking about new players? Who do you think that new Recruit gear is for, anyway? 2 days of dailies (at most) puts a fresh 50 into gear that is competitive, as opposed to what a fresh 50 was looking at a month ago.

37k credits at level 40? On a fresh character, at level 40 I had...400k, after buying the L2 speeder and skill. What are you spending your credits on? Biochem? Maybe there is a lesson to be learned there?

Riôt

Perhaps you might have to do a little bit of...you know...work (dailies) in order to buy it?

37k credits at level 40? On a fresh character, at level 40 I had...400k, after buying the L2 speeder and skill. What are you spending your credits on? Biochem? Maybe there is a lesson to be learned there?

Thanks for a useless and insulting post there. Maybe you aren't aware of the massive nerfs BioWare made to Warzone Rewards while leveling?

Just as any PvE player (rightfully) would have a beef about having to PvP just to get decent starting Endgame Gear, so too is it completely unfair for BioWare to change it so that it's almost impossible to level just through PvP for the people that want to.

With 1.2 I went from a SWTOR Supporter to an Ex-Subscriber. I'm not alone in feeling this way. If you think that's good for the game, you truly are as clueless as your post makes you out to be.

I have 3 characters at level 50, all of which are 100% self funded. Each of them had around 800-1mil credits when hitting 50. If you are that poor, you need to stop spending all your cash on useless items.

Doing Belsavis, Voss, and Corellia + all their solo player sidequests on the way to 50 would grant you that much alone.

I have 3 characters at level 50, all of which are 100% self funded. Each of them had around 800-1mil credits when hitting 50. If you are that poor, you need to stop spending all your cash on useless items.

Doing Belsavis, Voss, and Corellia + all their solo player sidequests on the way to 50 would grant you that much alone.

And dedicated PvPers shouldn't have to do that just to PvP.

BioWare broke the ability to level through PvP so people would want the Legacy Buffs... too bad it's likely going to make more people simply not want to play anymore.

Thanks for a useless and insulting post there. Maybe you aren't aware of the massive nerfs BioWare made to Warzone Rewards while leveling?

Just as any PvE player (rightfully) would have a beef about having to PvP just to get decent starting Endgame Gear, so too is it completely unfair for BioWare to change it so that it's almost impossible to level just through PvP for the people that want to.

With 1.2 I went from a SWTOR Supporter to an Ex-Subscriber. I'm not alone in feeling this way. If you think that's good for the game, you truly are as clueless as your post makes you out to be.

You have to understand that posts like the OP made aggravates most people. Something easily achievable and gained should not be complained about because of his ignorance. He needs to do some research and wait til he hits 50 until any sort of complaining starts. I was under the impression that this gear was being given out.

There is so much other stuff that needs to be fixed with this game and a pointless raging post like this is not going to change anything.

You have to understand that posts like the OP made aggravates most people. Something easily achievable and gained should not be complained about because of his ignorance. He needs to do some research and wait til he hits 50 until any sort of complaining starts. I was under the impression that this gear was being given out.

There is so much other stuff that needs to be fixed with this game and a pointless raging post like this is not going to change anything.

I'm just saying, I have level 1-39, leveled on PTS since 1.2 got copied on it. I have 37.000 credits. I did warzones and class quests. However I will not be able to afford this recruit gear.

I couldnt say anything and just switch to my other to 50 on regular servers, but I don't. I see in this a big disadvantage.

PVE players can get the gear very easily by using credits and pvp players who don't have any credits any more just gonna grind, or doing Daylies.

Well you can either have fun, or you do your daylies.

Edited by GorZie

I don't understand why the recruit gear is not available for players with valor rank 40+ for warzone coms. So they could actually buy something useful. It still should require level 50 to wear thou.

Probably because the expertise stats in this set would make 1-49 Warzones worse than they were prior to the level 50 only bracket on new players?!

I do only pve and no pvp, why dont i get the tionese set when i hit 50?! QQ

What are talking about, The recruit gear is pretty low compared to BM gear.

Please do not comment if you have no idea what Iam talking about.

Probably because the expertise stats in this set would make 1-49 Warzones worse than they were prior to the level 50 only bracket on new players?!

You still need to be 50 to wear it. Therefore you will not be in the 10-49 bracket

Edited by GorZie

I have yet to crack 160k credits from 75 minutes of PvP, despite being top 3 in the majority of my WZ's. Actually, it's closer to 200k, but I thought I would be generous. This number is going to climb in 1.2, since they are adding more dailies. Space also provides a very good time/benefit ratio. If credits are what you need, then generally speaking, PvP is not the way to get them, and has not been for quite awhile. I'm not sure why this is suddenly a problem.

I'm trying to remember exactly how much time I had to invest to go from Oranges with daily-comm mods, to full Centurion gear (let alone Champion). I don't know exactly, but I can promise you it was more than 3 hours (2 sets of dailies). Quite a bit more, in fact. The OP was complaining that fresh 50's have no PvP gear options and he's...flat out wrong.

On Thursday, any 50 that has the credits can go from zero gear, to slightly better than what I am currently wearing in just a few clicks. So can I, for that matter, should I choose to do so. I'm not complaining that someone can now do in minutes what took me days to do - I think it's great. Lower barrier to entry can lead to more people in PvP, and I'm all for that.

If you are unsubscribed, why are you even looking at these forums anymore, Dax?

Riôt

I didn't realize that. That's great news.

Unfortunately you can't by the recruit gear not for warzone comm's. Thats what I'm trying to say. You can only buy it for credits, to make it easier for pve ppl to get into pvp.

However, it doesnt allow the people who are leveling just with pvp to buy it, because the pvp rewards (credits) have been decreased.

If you loose voidstar you don't get any credits, but this might be a bug.

I have yet to crack 160k credits from 75 minutes of PvP, despite being top 3 in the majority of my WZ's. Actually, it's closer to 200k, but I thought I would be generous. This number is going to climb in 1.2, since they are adding more dailies.

1-39 on PTS AKA 1.2 : credits : 37.000 no new PVP daylies under 50.

Unfortunately you can't by the recruit gear not for warzone comm's. Thats what I'm trying to say. You can only buy it for credits, to make it easier for pve ppl to get into pvp.

However, it doesnt allow the people who are leveling just with pvp to buy it, because the pvp rewards (credits) have been decreased.

If you loose voidstar you don't get any credits, but this might be a bug.

I've read the reports of very low credits from WZs as well. THAT does concern me. A new level 50 needing to spend a few days gearing up, not so much.

1-39 on PTS AKA 1.2 : credits : 37.000 no new PVP daylies under 50.

I will agree with you on one thing though, GorZie - the current PvP dailies do not pay enough in credits for how long they (can) take to complete.

I would think that 25k or so per PvP daily would not be out of line, but ~8k is awfully low.

To put it a different way;

Each PvE daily takes ~5 minutes to complete, for a minimum of 7k credits, and the Heroics are quite a bit higher. I cannot complete 3 WZ's (let alone 3 wins) in 5 minutes, or anywhere close to it. This is something that should be addressed, for sure.

Dailies can only be done once per day, and I really don't think 25k or so per PvP daily is in any way out of line.

Riôt

I just asked myself, where is the damage if they would give it out for warzone comm's for people with valor rank 40+. BW could even prize it like the BM set, obviously the set requires level 50 to wear. PvP players could use the gained warzone comms to prepare for lvl 50 unranked warzones. Instead of getting steam rolled as soon as they get into 50 brackets.

I don't understand why people talk about how much credis you make via PVP on the live servers. Welcome to the PTS forum, we're talking 1.2

I will agree with you on one thing though, GorZie - the current PvP dailies do not pay enough in credits for how long they (can) take to complete.

I would think that 25k or so per PvP daily would not be out of line, but ~8k is awfully low.

To put it a different way;

Each PvE daily takes ~5 minutes to complete, for a minimum of 7k credits, and the Heroics are quite a bit higher. I cannot complete 3 WZ's (let alone 3 wins) in 5 minutes, or anywhere close to it. This is something that should be addressed, for sure.

Dailies can only be done once per day, and I really don't think 25k or so per PvP daily is in any way out of line.

Riôt

To be honest I don't really care how much credits I get for daylies or WZ.

I just want to make use of the little amount of warzone comms I gained after I hit 40. IF you win 20 warzones which will be around 60% of level 40 I assume, you hit the max comm limit of 2000. You can't spent them all on credit cases or stim's, that would be a waste.

I just asked myself, where is the dabmage if they would give it out for warzone comm's for people with valor rank 40+. BW could even prize it like the BM set, obviously the set requires level 50 to wear. PvP players could use the gained warzone comms to prepare for lvl 50 unranked warzones. Instead of getting steam rolled as soon as they get into 50 brackets.

I don't understand why people talk about how much credis you make via PVP on the live servers. Welcome to the PTS forum, we're talking 1.2

Most of the responses arent reading your post if they are they don't understand the PST changes. The PvP lowered credits and rewards is a concern for people that just want to PvP while leveling and do class quests. I dont see how what your asking is unreasonable.

Most of the responses arent reading your post if they are they don't understand the PST changes. The PvP lowered credits and rewards is a concern for people that just want to PvP while leveling and do class quests. I dont see how what your asking is unreasonable.

thanks for taking the time reading this, there's not a lot of legit responses in the forum these days.

Has this been moved, I thought I actually posted that in the PTS forum.

Edited by GorZie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.