Game Update 1.2 will be going live on Thursday, April 12th!

jimmyjediknight

This has probabaly been asked a million times before, but does anyone know if people who played on the PTR will be required to redownload? It would suck if we do because it's 11GB, and it took ages on my horrible internet.

lol...the patch wasn't 11 GB. That was the entire test server (it's a second copy of the game). The patch is ~ 1 GB.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really 2 days notice?! I figured at least a weeks notice and that would be on a normal maitnance Tuesday like next week not in 2 days well looks like I'm not getting that pvp speeder ha so close would have had it if I had the coming weekend like I had planned on. Oh well time to make my alts for the white lightsabers before their gone.

I don't give a rat's tail about PvP or raiding, I saw no significant changes to crafting on test, and legacy makes me yawn.

What else ya got?

No new custom schematics for armstech and armormech from investigation and underworld trading? =(

You're ecstatic about something that should have been in the game at launch?

The total list of things that "should have been in at launch" is the reason why most games don't get off the ground.

The list is objective and no successful MMO has all of those little features in at launch. The game is only a few months old. Most of you people talk like it has been out for a year or more

The total list of things that "should have been in at launch" is the reason why most games don't get off the ground.

The list is objective and no successful MMO has all of those little features in at launch. The game is only a few months old. Most of you people talk like it has been out for a year or more

Social tools like a comprehensive LFG tool with multiple filters, and a guild search feature with filters are the first thing that should be in every MMO at launch. First thing. There is no debate here.

Social tools like a comprehensive LFG tool with multiple filters, and a guild search feature with filters are the first thing that should be in every MMO at launch. First thing. There is no debate here.

Really???

Guild search feature? When did WoW and Rift implement an in game guild search feature?

There is a LFG tool in the game, but no one uses it. Granted it is not the most comprehensive one in the world, but it is there.

So I guess I just have to debate it.

Really???

Guild search feature? When did WoW and Rift implement an in game guild search feature?

There is a LFG tool in the game, but no one uses it. Granted it is not the most comprehensive one in the world, but it is there.

So I guess I just have to debate it.

WoW has a guild search feature (never used it but I know it has it).

EVE Online has a guild search too.

So does TERA.

Dunno about Rift.

Edited by Gungan

So when are they going to put in features that make the game more fun? Make PVP meaningful to the war effort? Make robust and challenging PVE encounters that are exciting and vast in scope? Space exploration? Anything at all with implications to the game world on your server?

1.2 is boring as hell. Who cares about Legacy when it's so pointless?

Everything in this game is so darned pointless because the world is completely static, and nothing players do affects it. It's like 2004 all over again.

And yet your still here? so it cant be pointless. As you seemed to think it was important enough to post about. And if you find it boring thats your oppion not everyone elses.

Not saying its new bread, But its far from pointless.

LOL why do people complain about 2 days notice? geez they have been saying for weeks its coming shortly it not like this was unexpected.

Well if your like be you've been spending your commendations on gear exepecting the standard 1 week notice. Now I have 2 days (less because of work etc) to farm the needed commendations for the BM mount which I absolutely adore and will be gone come patch. So goodluck to me. It's definatly one of those "first world problems" kinda things but still it irks me.

Edited by zacger

WoW has a guild search feature (never used it but I know it has it).

EVE Online has a guild search too.

So does TERA.

Dunno about Rift.

I remember reading about the guild search feature in WoW. But it came out with patch 4.1, which was around April or May of last year I think. And I don't know how many Guilds use it.

Don't think Rift has one, they didn't the last time I played.

Great that Eve has one, don't know anything about it or when they got it.

And TERA, well that is not out (at least in NA) yet.

My point was that yes WoW does have one, but only for the last year at most. So just because they have one it doesn't mean that it is something that has to be in the game at launch.

If SWToR has one in a few months great, but there was a massive pre-launch Guild setup program and I think that worked very good. And I don't remember anyone doing that before.

But I'm sure games will copy it in the future.

I'm excited, but nervous at the same time.

I'm excited for all the new changes, but nervous that any new coding might have an effect on how the game runs on my system..... :jawa_redface:

Anyone else feel the same?

Don't worry about it, Elf. :) If there are any probs, just put your graphics/sound settings back to where they were before the update. I know the last major update they did, I had to put all my settings back where they were before the update happened. Probably going to be the same with this one, if the last time was any indication. lol

Well if your like be you've been spending your commendations on gear exepecting the standard 1 week notice. Now I have 2 days (less because of work etc) to farm the needed commendations for the BM mount which I absolutely adore and will be gone come patch. So goodluck to me. It's definatly one of those "first world problems" kinda things but still it irks me.
To be fair, we were told we'd only recieve a couple of days notice. I don't know where you're getting the "standard 1 week notice." Many games only give a few days heads-up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.