[PVP] How Much is Augmented Orange Gear Worth to You

itsmymillertime

I am just curious to know how much people are willing to spend on buying the augmented orange gear for pvp?

Well, considering how easy it is to manufacturer (if you're including low level orange schematics), I'd probably not be willing to pay more than a couple hundred thousand credits to have it early. If it's end game . . . Just based on material costs I imagine those would be around a million a piece or more. Don't know if they'll actually sell though. If I liked a look enough I might pay that much for an augment slot.

I bet the price fall to the 50k range or less within a couple days if you mean low level oranges with augment slots.

Edited by Seront

i wont pay anything. I will just make them myself. People charge ridiculous prices for things on the GTN so I rarely ever buy anything. I will just create 2 new characters and have 1 do Synthweaving & the other do Armormech. While my 2 main toons keep Biochem so they can continue using their Rakata Stims, Adrenals & Medpacs.

projecting possible pattern cost inflation my alt has already purchased appropriate patterns I'll be needing as well as some any class patterns that came available. My main had been saving patterns he got via UWT for some time already.

Don't know, eventually they'll probably stabilize somewhere around 100k a piece or under (it's just an empty piece after all), but I'd say some people will get rich selling them right off the bat for 200-250k per piece.

I won't be paying more than 150k per piece ever, given that I have 3 toons and will be building PvP augment sets for each. The PvE augment sets would be nice too, but will have to wait for the prices of empties to drop.

So there's a chance that high prices of these oranges will funnel people into sticking with either PvP or PvE side for a while, or at least until it's affordable to excel in both.

Don't know, eventually they'll probably stabilize somewhere around 100k a piece or under (it's just an empty piece after all), but I'd say some people will get rich selling them right off the bat for 200-250k per piece.

I won't be paying more than 150k per piece ever, given that I have 3 toons and will be building PvP augment sets for each. The PvE augment sets would be nice too, but will have to wait for the prices of empties to drop.

So there's a chance that high prices of these oranges will funnel people into sticking with either PvP or PvE side for a while, or at least until it's affordable to excel in both.

Yeah, here's my guess of how this goes: Within an hour of the servers coming back up with 1.2 you'll see some augmented orange pieces listed for a mil or more. That night they'll be listed for 300k, the next day they'll be down to 200k, and within a week they'll be 50k. Mind you, I am only talking about the easiest to craft low level oranges.

I have no idea how pricing will be for end game orange shells. A lot of people haven't been crazy about how they look. On top of that, I have expendable cash to spend on vanity items, so I'm willing to pay some. I don't know about other people.

Also, there's a couple reasons why the price might not actually be that high even right out of the gate. The people anxious to purchase these items, are likely people in gear that has set bonuses. It might be some time before they have new gear where the set bonus is on the armoring. You have 5 slots, and only need 4 for the full set bonus, so at first people will only want 3 pieces. 1 Wrist, 1 Waist, and 1 random other one. Orange weapons (the new patterns that don't require 3 raid op mats), will be very expensive for at least a little while.

Just the materials cost will probably be 100-200k for the mid-level patterns, depending on how often they actually crit. While the level 11 stuff might be fine for some classes, it's the mid level 20-40 stuff that looks good for most of them. I can't see selling an augmented orange for less than 500k, just to recoup costs and make some profit. More likely 1-2m.

Remember, the bottleneck when manufacturing most stuff in this game is not credits, it's scarcity of materials. Orange pieces take 20+ items, and most armormechs will probably burn through their reserves trying to make two or three critted oranges. That slow rate of manufacture is going to force prices up quite a bit. I actually don't think the endgame critted stuff is viable to manufacture at all right now. They will be worth more money than 99.99% of the people in the game have.

Just the materials cost will probably be 100-200k for the mid-level patterns, depending on how often they actually crit. While the level 11 stuff might be fine for some classes, it's the mid level 20-40 stuff that looks good for most of them. I can't see selling an augmented orange for less than 500k, just to recoup costs and make some profit. More likely 1-2m.

Remember, the bottleneck when manufacturing most stuff in this game is not credits, it's scarcity of materials. Orange pieces take 20+ items, and most armormechs will probably burn through their reserves trying to make two or three critted oranges. That slow rate of manufacture is going to force prices up quite a bit. I actually don't think the endgame critted stuff is viable to manufacture at all right now. They will be worth more money than 99.99% of the people in the game have.

I think there's a considerable amount of materials that have been horded in anticipation, since there hasn't been much worth making for a while. It'll be really interesting to see how things go. If you're right, then man I wished I'd invested in Scavenging mats of the appropriate level, heh.