Will be rerolling Marauder in 1.2 need help.

tehrealdealz

Sup everyone, so as we all know sorcs and BHs are getting nerfed hard, and Marauder is looking like the new OP class next patch. Is there anything I should know about the class before I start leveling? How does it play in pvp and pve? And are you overall happy with the class?:)

Sup everyone, so as we all know sorcs and BHs are getting nerfed hard, and Marauder is looking like the new OP class next patch. Is there anything I should know about the class before I start leveling? How does it play in pvp and pve? And are you overall happy with the class?:)

Other than the fact that we will probably be nerfed by the time you hit 50, its a fun class to play.

My advice: Play what you like, not what is "OP."

here you can find most of the answers you need about the marauder http://z0r.de/L/z0r-de_3676.swf

Other than the fact that we will probably be nerfed by the time you hit 50, its a fun class to play.

My advice: Play what you like, not what is "OP."

QFT. Couldn't have said it better. Don't invest 100s of hours of your life playing a class b/c it is perceived to be marginally better at a given point in time. You'll just end up re-rolling every patch, cursing the developers for every change, and constantly switching crafting professions.

As far as Sentinel gameplay is concerned, the pros/cons are well documented... the rotation/priority list requires a lot of attention and practice, and you should be using 18-24 abilities in any serious fight. I enjoy it b/c I prefer melee dps, and got tired of my grav-round commando turret--I'd rather play a constantly challenging class as my main and so far, I've yet to feel bored with it.

I would recommend not playing either of the warrior classes if you're looking for easy-mode OP. Especially if you're coming from playing a 3 button Sorc or 1 button Tracerlol. As a matter of fact, if you're simply looking for an OP class to play you are more then likely a mediocre player and you won't be able to realize the potential of a warrior class anyway.

I'd recommend sticking to something that a drunk monkey can play and be above average with: Powertech Pyro or Tracerlol.

I would recommend not playing either of the warrior classes if you're looking for easy-mode OP. Especially if you're coming from playing a 3 button Sorc or 1 button Tracerlol. As a matter of fact, if you're simply looking for an OP class to play you are more then likely a mediocre player and you won't be able to realize the potential of a warrior class anyway.

I'd recommend sticking to something that a drunk monkey can play and be above average with: Powertech Pyro or Tracerlol.

This, couldn't have said it better.

The Warrior class has the highest learning curve of all the SWToR classes, Just because it's considered OP doesn't mean you will be especially if you're coming from one of the two easiest classes in the game.

you are aware that if 3 button sorcs or 1 button tracerlols had as many defensive cooldowns as you they wouldnt be labeled as such (even though they use 10+ buttons)? i also wouldnt say mara is hard to play, awesome dps and insane defense. if you want hard try being an arsenal merc while focused, i guarantee you that you wouldnt last 5 seconds ;)

This guy plays to win, or at least plays what is perceived to win. Nothing wrong with that, at the same time rolling a new class over and over isnt going to help you maximize your effectiveness. Learning how to abuse all your advantages > rerolling OP classes. IMO dont play the OP, learn to BE OP.

This whole thread is hilarious.

Don't roll characters because they're OP. Roll characters because they might actually be fun and engaging to play. I rolled a sniper for PvP/PvE as a third alt simply because they seemed fun. Whether or not they're overpowered/underpowered had nothing to do with it.

If you think you can faceroll with this class, you're sorely mistaken. There are only two abilities you are not constantly using in PvP: the two abilities that are unusable in PvP (Savage Kick/Pommel Strike). Actually, I forgot about Retaliation, which some people swear by, but that's one that I don't use either.

Compare this with my lvl 50 tanksin. Here's the moves I use once or less per match, if at all: Crushing Darkness (not even on Quickbar), Tumult (unusable), Whirlwind, Mind Trap, Maul. I don't use Overload at all in Alderaan either, and in general I'll use that sparingly anyway, since it gives the enemy Resolve, and I'd rather keep them close anyway.I might be missing one or two though, I'm still familiarizing myself with the class.

Either way, 4 of those abilities that I virtually never use are usable in PvP. The Marauder has one. Big difference there.

Tracerspam yes.

Powertech pyro is not an easymode class, come on. How many powertechs do you even see on a planet at any peak hours anyways, let alone WZ? Pyro spec has limited survivability, little CC (just like mara) and no escape ability - once you are in it you better kill or be killed.

Powertechs are not that different from Mara.

Tracerspam yes.

Powertech pyro is not an easymode class, come on. How many powertechs do you even see on a planet at any peak hours anyways, let alone WZ? Pyro spec has limited survivability, little CC (just like mara) and no escape ability - once you are in it you better kill or be killed.

Powertechs are not that different from Mara.

My main was a powertech up to Rank 61 back in January before rerolling mara... I think that class is mind numbingly boring. That's how easy was the Pyrotech rotation. That's the reason I wanted a change.

Edited by atreyuz

Pyros have an extremely limited priority based rotation class. People thinking that they have a lot of buttons to press is normally the difference between a good pyro and a bad pyro. Good pyros know there are very few buttons to press and that you're losing damage by pushing more abilities then needed. They're not remotely similar to a marauder. Unless it's a rage spec'd marauder, then probably would be very similar. Edited by Giladd

My question to you is why didn't you try this when the pts patch notes came out. Marauders are honestly not changing a ton. Yes the skill trees are getting "adjusted" but your overall play style for the mara wont change too much as far as I'm concerned.

Like stated above if you have a problem wording about too many buttons/abilities this isn't the class for you. Also something to keep in mind, your current class probably wont be as "nerfed" as you think, you are just going to have to figure out how to do things a bit differently than you were used to. I would imagine it would take you less time to do so on your current character than to invest the time leveling a whole new class and get good at it as well.

The bottom line is that this is an awesome class BUT not one that will allow you to just faceroll. There is some skill involved and one that requires you to pay attention to more than a few things to be one of the elite.

My main was a powertech up to Rank 61 back in January before rerolling mara... I think that class is mind numbingly boring. That's how easy was the Pyrotech rotation. That's the reason I wanted a change.

Boring and easy is not quite the same thing. How many keys to click doesn't necessarily determine how difficult a class is. If by that logic, I can also say tennis is a really simple game too there is really only 1 thing you are mainly doing (hitting the ball with a racket), but we all know that it is not true.

How easy a class in pvp (as in being effective while surviving) is largely determine by how often they can gain initiative at the start of the fight.

Powertech pyro has very limited means of gaining initiative and afterward that it is not impressive at maintaining it either. And if powertech fails to win the fight there is really nowhere to go but fight to death. It is mostly a reactive class.

Mara is a fair bit more proactive (not as proactive as operative of course, but still pretty proactive) in that we can also have more means to start a fight on our terms, and can maintain it till finishing blow (or at least have a fair chance of get out if failed).

Im honestly expecting us to be nerfed pretty hard in the next few weeks of this being live... But if your looking for the FOTM do what was previously said and level all classes up to 50 as that should keep you happy

you are aware that if 3 button sorcs or 1 button tracerlols had as many defensive cooldowns as you they wouldnt be labeled as such (even though they use 10+ buttons)? i also wouldnt say mara is hard to play, awesome dps and insane defense. if you want hard try being an arsenal merc while focused, i guarantee you that you wouldnt last 5 seconds ;)

Boo hoo i don't last 5 seconds while focused and can't do anything because i'm stunned... That's everyone in this game yo. Stop using that as an argument like tracerlol is hard to play.

You have ranged that's a 100% up time defensive cool down and probably the 2nd best in the game next to stealth. Oh wait that goes for any MMO that has both those things in them.