I'm loving the healing changes!

shaggscoob

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in a perfect world, yes. But in an ops, it is definitely extra healing due to the fact that things are chaotic at times and I can't sit there and watch every little tick happen to be 100% efficient. If I simply factor in a second EMP every other rotation, then I can guarantee the extra heals per second to take advantage of my extra UH. Heck, I might even see how it goes with an extra EMP EVERY rotation if I'm doing my usual thing of keeping HOTs up on 4-5 people.

That said, the real point of my post was to say that we are now going to be the number one healer, but it took nerfing the other healers to get us there. I think that still points to the fact that we were a bit underpowered before.

We're not number 1, we're number 2. Based off parses, Sorcs are still the best healers.

Put on cloth armor, take away all your defensive cooldowns. Then talk to me about survivability.

How about we take away your defensive cooldowns, seeing as we don't have any to begin with.

Well we do, but trying to explain to you why they do zip for survivability would just be more effort in feeding a troll than I'm willing to commit to this thread.

How about we take away your defensive cooldowns, seeing as we don't have any to begin with.

Well we do, but trying to explain to you why they do zip for survivability would just be more effort in feeding a troll than I'm willing to commit to this thread.

They're not *that* bad. Dodge followed by defensive screen has kept me alive long enough to have whatever's on me taunted away. On exceedingly rare occasions I've also gotten away with vanishing (when it was that or death). This PvE only of course. I'd certainly rather have them than not. I'd probably trade defensive screen for the sage shield though. ;)

Edited by Seront

Except for the bubble, of course, which is one of the best defensive CD's in the game

You might as well equate that to an instant 3-4k heal. It gets eaten up in 1-2 GCD's from any decently geared dps. I would hardly call that a defensive CD.

You might as well equate that to an instant 3-4k heal. It gets eaten up in 1-2 GCD's from any decently geared dps. I would hardly call that a defensive CD.

That's more than defense screen I believe.

They're not *that* bad. Dodge followed by defensive screen has kept me alive long enough to have whatever's on me taunted away. On exceedingly rare occasions I've also gotten away with vanishing (when it was that or death). This PvE only of course. I'd certainly rather have them than not. I'd probably trade defensive screen for the sage shield though. ;)

You can't reliably use Dodge/Evasion without removing vanish as an option.

Seeing as it's a lackluster defensive cooldown to begin with, relegating it to a DoT/debuff cleanser might as well toss the "defense" from that defensive cooldown on the trash heap.

Vanish is a free self-disable for 10s. Hoorah at doing your enemy's work for them.

The fact that this is our best defensive cooldown should speak for our survivability all by itself.

And our shield?...

I don't even remember what I've got that thing bound to.

Probably something that my fat fingers can accidentally trigger it often enough to still justify it being on a hotbar...

Put on cloth armor, take away all your defensive cooldowns. Then talk to me about survivability.

Why do people who never played a class think they are an expert on said class to the point where they know more than others that actually play that class? Get a clue.

Yes, Shield Probe is better than Sorc bubble, despite it absorbing less damage, is only castable on self and has more than twice the cooldown :rolleyes:

Edited by hulkweazel

Hey man being able to DISAPPEAR while in combat is the weakest survivability tool there is. SOOOOO underpowered. they should lower vanish cd to 5 secs cuz its such garbage.

I actually agree with your sarcasm here. DA (in the hands of a skilled player) is potentially the best defensive CD in the game for a non-tank. And I feel that way about it in both PvE and PvP.

Hey man being able to DISAPPEAR while in combat is the weakest survivability tool there is. SOOOOO underpowered. they should lower vanish cd to 5 secs cuz its such garbage.
Yes, because taking yourself out of action for 20 seconds (ie. NOT healing) once every three minutes is overpowered. :rolleyes: See my above post.

Get a clue.

Honestly as a healer I use Cloaking Screen more to annoy people like you than as an actual survivability tool.

My operative has been a healer since level 28ish (with a little hybrid and lethality dabbling throughout the late 30's for kicks), the biggest problem I had was how weak recuperative nanotech is (even with the 15% bonus fronm pvp 2pc bonus) in which they're buffing in 1.2 and managing energy (going 23/0/18 for pvp was best for that) gaining an extra TA to a total of 3 may help that. Right now I'm toting 2pc Champ for 15% nanotech and 2pc Columi for -4 energy cost on nanotech (total of 20 energy cost per cast with talent after 1.2).

Without a doubt sorc/sages will still be top healers, but operatives can save players below 30% health with the auto proc surgical probes, other than just healing, operatives don't really offer any kind of utility.

For sure in 4 man flashpoints, you won't be seeing that many merc/commando healers anymore.

Edited by Sookster

I actually agree with your sarcasm here. DA (in the hands of a skilled player) is potentially the best defensive CD in the game for a non-tank. And I feel that way about it in both PvE and PvP.

No, in PvP, it gets absolutely blown away by Force Camouflage. 45s cooldown, no healing penalty. And a non-stealth class no less.

No, in PvP, it gets absolutely blown away by Force Camouflage. 45s cooldown, no healing penalty. And a non-stealth class no less.

Actually, you're right about force camouflage, it's pretty good. I still like DA better, but a non stealth class getting such a good stealth ability is a little annoying. Is it a combat breaker? If so, it's definitely better.

Im not sure what's going on in this thread but scoundrels are far from bad healers.

I can complete all nightmare ops no problem. (with another scoundrel or commando)

And as far as pvp goes (my main focus), we have great burst healing, good survivability, great mobility and great multi-target healing with SRMP and kolto cloud.

EMP on a target below 30% is amazing and has kept countless people alive. Add that in with our triage giving a small heal and hopefully rolling HoTs on a target I make it extremely hard to kill anyone.

If you are having problems playing a scoundrel at any aspect of this game, then I don't know what to tell you. Also I don't care that sage healing is easier, I don't play the game for super easy mode. Played correctly a scoundrel can do the exact same things as any other healer.

Im not sure what's going on in this thread but scoundrels are far from bad healers.

I can complete all nightmare ops no problem. (with another scoundrel or commando)

And as far as pvp goes (my main focus), we have great burst healing, good survivability, great mobility and great multi-target healing with SRMP and kolto cloud.

Lol. No one is buying you actually play an Op/Scoundrel healer.

Ok, ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration. But no one is buying you actually play an Op/Scoundrel healer and have the slightest idea what any other class is capable of.

Too many Op/Scoundrels out there with the blinders on refusing to even learn what any other class can do. Sure, it's your game and your playstyle, but quantifying aspects of the class in such a way as to compare them to others without even having a clue as to how they compare?

Great? Good? Great? Great?

Compared to what? Being an afk bot?

EMP on a target below 30% is amazing and has kept countless people alive. Add that in with our triage giving a small heal and hopefully rolling HoTs on a target I make it extremely hard to kill anyone.

Sorry to break it to you, but EMP isn't going to keep people alive unless the battle was a toss up to begin with, or your opponents suck.

Hell, even Concealment/Scrapper can do over 2k damage in a GCD reliably. :rolleyes:

If you are having problems playing a scoundrel at any aspect of this game, then I don't know what to tell you. Also I don't care that sage healing is easier, I don't play the game for super easy mode. Played correctly a scoundrel can do the exact same things as any other healer.

Yes, Scoundrel/Operative can, at its best, perform comparably to other classes in the same role.

The problem is, those other classes can always either perform better, or perform just as well while bringing more to the table.

Before 1.2 some guilds wouldn't take a scoundrel healer, but now I'm going to be in highest demand :)

And it only took nerfing the other two healing classes and buffing ours :/

It's nice to be wanted...

just wait til 1.3

operatives are now healing beyond our metrics, their healing will be reduced by 40%. to bring the healing in line, the remaining healers will also receive a 10% nerf.

Star Wars: The Nerf Republic

Edited by oredith