you thought tank sins were op? you havn't seen operative hybrid in action

AceofHeart

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

operatives hybrid healer/dps are out of control now, every operative right now is playing some kind of hybrid spec that allows them to do 400k damage and 400k healing done in warzones.

this is getting ridiculous and they needs to be nerfed.

im pretty sure,since operatives give up burst damage when they go hybrid.that they arent pulling 400k damage(or they wont be after 1.2 which is like next week)

but me personally,ive looked at(well,ive looked at hybrid and full scrapper scoundrels)hybrid and ive looked at full scrapper and full scrapper looked more appealing.i mean,why gimp your burst on a class that relys on it to get kills

Edited by CrunkShizzle

im pretty sure,since operatives give up burst damage when they go hybrid.that they arent pulling 400k damage

but me personally,ive looked at(well,ive looked at hybrid and full scrapper scoundrels)hybrid and ive looked at full scrapper and full scrapper looked more appealing.i mean,why gimp your burst on a class that relys on it to get kills

I dont think the hybrid build uses acid blade tree, its a dot and hot build.

hmm i guess thats different then scoundrel hybrid then

unless the video i watched the guy wasnt the real hybrid for them cuz i figured since he was sawbones/scrapper that the hybrid for operatives was concealment/medicine

Edited by CrunkShizzle

400/400? Don't think so... normally 250/250, 300/300 is rare.

Personal best so far: http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/1176/newbitmapimagep.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit: LOL, AceOfHeart is the guy who dies in the first clip of that vid.

I just laughed when I saw this good overall stats, but that big RED line above that says Defeat is what counts. In rated Warzones your stats will not happen so why are people yelling Nerf? No need to, good players make bad PuG's look even worse that is all that SS tells you.

Edited by TheEvilreaper

Operative hybrid won't be killing a healer solo. Ever.

You can put dots on as many people as you want and call it "damage" but burst is all that matters in competetive pvp.

I don't know what makes people repeat the above over and over and believe it too. Anybody who has any reasonable amount of PvP experience knows that the more competitive PvP becomes, the less burst damage means. Ask yourself, do fights last shorter in organized, competitive PvP than in PUG or do they last infinitely longer?

If burst damage was more meaningful and prevalent in competitive PvP, fights would last way less, but the opposite is true, because burst can be countered by organized groups.

There's variations of both. The medicine/concealment hybrid tends to go further into medicine (for surgical probe) than the lethality/medicine (usually only to the HoT for TA procs).

The vid was never intended for '****imsoleet' gameplay, but more to show some fun footage of how a hybrid operative plays... I probably would've keybinded a few more things before recording, and excluded clips where I let my teammates die, if that was the case.

The clips I had of 1v1's against fully min/maxed chars looked rather bland to me, and that's not really what the game is about.

Either way, I'd still like some feedback on what people prefer to see in PvP vids if I'm going to make more... unfortunately it won't be possible to get footage of 'competitive' warzones before cross-server Q'ing is implemented.

Edited by playasaurus

I just laughed when I saw this good overall stats, but that big RED line above that says Defeat is what counts. In rated Warzones your stats will not happen so why are people yelling Nerf? No need to, good players make bad PuG's look even worse that is all that SS tells you.

Both teams scored 0 points.

0-0 is a tie game.

Do you know what happens in a tie voidstar game?

The game RANDOMLY CHOOSES A WINNER.

As for the video, the only thing remotely overpowered is sleep dart. Everything else was good play by the operative / bad play by the enemy and their gear. Hell, in one of those 2v1 fights the operative took like 3 swings from the assassin. That fight in particular almost looked staged.

Edited by Wekeltes

The vid was never intended for '****imsoleet' gameplay, but more to show some fun footage of how a hybrid operative plays... I probably would've keybinded a few more things before recording, and excluded clips where I let my teammates die, if that was the case.

The clips I had of 1v1's against fully min/maxed chars looked rather bland to me, and that's not really what the game is about.

I am curious at this point. Are the shadows in your video the best on the server?

Edited by Payneintherear

I don't know what makes people repeat the above over and over and believe it too. Anybody who has any reasonable amount of PvP experience knows that the more competitive PvP becomes, the less burst damage means. Ask yourself, do fights last shorter in organized, competitive PvP than in PUG or do they last infinitely longer?

If burst damage was more meaningful and prevalent in competitive PvP, fights would last way less, but the opposite is true, because burst can be countered by organized groups.

So... when both sides have good heals and tanks what kills people if not burst damagers assisting on targets??

If burst damage isn't meaningful in competetive PvP, as you say, then what kind of damage is? Make your side of the argument.

Edited by Campaigner

Burst doesn't matter? So dropping targets quickly doesn't matter? This ain't PvE bro.

So... when both sides have good heals and tanks what kills people if not burst damagers assisting on targets??

If burst damage isn't meaningful in competetive PvP, as you say, then what kind of damage is? Make your side of the argument.

It's sustained damage coupled with CC that allows you to outlast the opponent. That's what wins.

Burst doesn't matter? So dropping targets quickly doesn't matter? This ain't PvE bro.

It's not? 'Cause judging by the ignorance around here, it may as well be.

Saying burst automatically results in killing targets quickly is so shortsighted as saying the formula 1 car with the highest max speed will win a race.

Burst is nothing mystical, it's the ability to deal a lot of damage in a short amount of time. But it's still damage and if it is interrupted (and trust me classes with higher burst are usually the ones who have to duck out of combat more often, because they are squishy), it's just damage over a period of time, that can be dealt with easily.

Once you keep the damage of these burst classes in check, you are more likely to outlast them, as they will die faster than non-burst classes as part of the balance equation.

I have never seen high-end pvp, where the match was decided by killing the opposing team quicker than having your own killed.

Why do you think healing has been regarded as overpowered? If kills happened as quickly as people seem to believe, healing wouldn't even matter. What makes healing overpowered is the fact that burst damage can be neutralized long enough to allow healers to outheal the sustained damage over time.

Edited by Payneintherear

I have never seen high-end pvp, where the match was decided by killing the opposing team quicker than having your own killed.

Ok, so the goal is to NOT kill them...got it...seriously, just leave. Burst is king. Scratch that, good burst is king. Obviously, you have no idea what you're doing when it comes to damage, so you think burst is bad. Dropping a target and only having to interrupt 1 or 2 casts > having him spam heals/free cast because his health is static at 90%. Having a healer at low HP means he has to attempt to heal himself, not his team, so his team can be killed too. That's when you start wiping them.

Burst + Some CC = kills.

Thanks for amusing me. One last request, can you please come to my server and run Rateds with a team that has minimal burst? My guild's healers always love easy matches.

Edit: Healing isn't OP. Healing is only OP to bad players. To use the OP argument, PTs are regarded as OP. They have minimal sustained damage, mostly burst. Ops have been nerfed into the ground over burst. Sounds to me like burst matters.

Edited by nschlan

It's not? 'Cause judging by the ignorance around here, it may as well be.

Saying burst automatically results in killing targets quickly is so shortsighted as saying the formula 1 car with the highest max speed will win a race.

Burst is nothing mystical, it's the ability to deal a lot of damage in a short amount of time. But it's still damage and if it is interrupted (and trust me classes with higher burst are usually the ones who have to duck out of combat more often, because they are squishy), it's just damage over a period of time, that can be dealt with easily.

Once you keep the damage of these burst classes in check, you are more likely to outlast them, as they will die faster than non-burst classes as part of the balance equation.

Why do you think healing has been regarded as overpowered? If kills happened as quickly as people seem to believe, healing wouldn't even matter. What makes healing overpowered is the fact that burst damage can be neutralized long enough to allow healers to outheal the sustained damage over time.

In WoW(for what it's worth), one of the most viable tactics, to winning in arena, was to focus on one player then suddenly swap to another target and blow your cooldowns and CCs in an effort to burst down that new target before the healer could react to the incoming damage.

Burst is just as viable as sustained damage across multiple targets. The difference being is that you can catch healers off guard with burst far more often than you can by simply spreading your damage around. Especially if you can burst a target down inside of an 8 second mez because you simply take the healer out of the equation altogether.

You would be naive to think that such tactics will not be used once rated WZs come out.

Edited by Numerii

Only good players get those numbers or geared enough players who understand the class stop complaining about hybrids.

Is a team game as well if yer not within or close to a group yer doing it wrong.

Note too that the other team in that SS had 4 healers that did a lot of healing, which means he wasn't getting hit much and could do some damage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.