Your mileage may vary... wildly.

Nebachadnezzer

Then why do bad games get low ratings?

I'm not saying the reviewing business is perfect, but to suggest that EA paid off its reviewers is ridiculous. Moreover, the game's metacritic score is 85/100 – it's not like this is a perfect score. The game got reviews that can be summarized as "a very good game with room for improvement", because that's exactly what it is!

Paid off, no. But make no mistake, many many reviewers do have to walk a fine line with their reviews or risk losing the largest source of their revenue which comes from game publishers.

If you think this is tin foil hat stuff, Google up Jeff Gerstmann versus Gamespot to find out about how his review of a game got him fired because of pressure from game publishing advertisers.

Edited by DawnAskham

I tried to read your soliloquy

But You're is spelled Y O U apostrophe R E

And i am so sorry you have nothing more meaningful in YOUR life, Than to sit around and correct the spelling errors on a poem meant for fun and wrote in a moment of boredom.

But hey if it brought some joy to do so then even if you didnt like the poem it still got to ya *0 so im happy.

I have been playing since december, work with people who play, the guy who tunes up my bike at the LBS plays, my wife and kids play. Like with any MMO there always seem to be things we want added such as cool space combat, guild capital ships, more content, 10 more levels, etc etc etc.

The game is pretty good I think, but clearly not for everyone based on what I have read here. Outside the small confines of this forum however, the game is alot more popular. check it out.

It has a lot to do with server population. People who play on busy servers tend to be much happier than people who quest on deserted planets and can't get into warzones/heroics/flashpoints.

That's why it's so silly that they haven't been more proactive about discussing server mergers or character transfers. The game itself is very engaging, but they're losing a lot of customers to the dead servers.

I finally got most of my guild to move to a more populated server, but they're not happy about leaving their 50s, credits, alt gear, rare mounts, and legacies behind. I wish they'd handled the situation differently, because it's given the game a black eye.

And i am so sorry you have nothing more meaningful in YOUR life, Than to sit around and correct the spelling errors on a poem meant for fun and wrote in a moment of boredom.

But hey if it brought some joy to do so then even if you didnt like the poem it still got to ya *0 so im happy.

I was having fun too. But I was only able to read 1/3rd of it and thought I'd tell you why.

I was having fun too. But I was only able to read 1/3rd of it and thought I'd tell you why.

LOL well for what its worth im from the south we say your, yall,aint ,and yonder so where im from its perfectly acceptable. Is that a exscuse prolly not but it is the truth 8)

A bored moment poem for the community

Here i sit and read these pages. With enough complaints to last for ages.

People come and praise the game. Then Change thier minds and go insane.

Some love it like its their calling, Others scream like they are falling.

Some stand and defend the bioware team. Some cry and moan and some are plain mean.

Its always im right and your wrong. Or they are weak and im strong.

Not that many try to be helpfull. and seems to some its realy stressfull.

So here is what i have to say. To those of us who just want to play.

Instead of all the fuss and blame .Or he is cool and they are lame.

Lets back up and realize ITS JUST A GAME ...

Wish there was a thumbs up button.

It has a lot to do with server population. People who play on busy servers tend to be much happier than people who quest on deserted planets and can't get into warzones/heroics/flashpoints.

That's why it's so silly that they haven't been more proactive about discussing server mergers or character transfers. The game itself is very engaging, but they're losing a lot of customers to the dead servers.

I finally got most of my guild to move to a more populated server, but they're not happy about leaving their 50s, credits, alt gear, rare mounts, and legacies behind. I wish they'd handled the situation differently, because it's given the game a black eye.

I am not on a high pop server unfortunatly, so I do understand this problem in peticular. The y spun up servers in a staggered way which I thought was clever at first but I think it led to some lop sided distribution. 1.7 million seems like a lot until you split it across a large number of servers and then instance most of the section of the game. then you end up with 30 people to play with in yourzone, if that. I also dsont think that this game is by any means perfect. But I do love it, and want it to grow, suceed and prosper. I want the devs to make profits and I want the game to have 10s of millions of players.

The problem is that those vocal few here are trying to destroy that. They dont want it to get better, they want it to be worse, for some twisted reason. Otherwise they wodul put thier rather vocal opinions to work to help grow the game. MMOs like this one dont just get fed by the developers, its also fed by the population. Its a symbiosis between developer and player. We are just as responsible for this games sucesses. Its not a one way street. Some folks wish to poison that relationship or pretend it doesnt exsist. pretty crappy attitude IMHO.

It's because the mouth breathers who are flaming the game on this forum are an extremely small minority

To cope with that they have massively over inflated egos and self entitlement

The vast majority are simply enjoying the game

Of course this post will prompt said mouth breathers to flame using anecdotal evidence about how their 600+ players, world best guild are all leaving because <insert random thing> isn't included in 1.2

Ofcourse those who complain are in the minority, there are thousands of players playing the game, the servers are full, there are no servers with population problems aka 380 people online at 20:00 on monday evening, only 85 of them level 50, only 25 level 50 in the fleet, and so on.

But reality is that... those who didnt like the game were in majority, now they are not playing anymore.

Top server guilds already left.

thats because outside the confines of these forums, reviewers who play the game, have no idea what theyre doing. Frequently they are also being paid the companies whos products theyre supposed to be reviewing.

If you see the same criticism pop over and over again on forums, chances are its not trolling or flamming, but probably legitimate criticism.

for instance, pvp finder, but no pve finder.....dead planets/servers

impossible to do group content....

they said they said theyre coming out with cross server pvp, but why not cross server pve finder too? why the bias?

LOL at Op.

The only good statement was the second one.

Nice thread. Funny thing is, and by funny I mean sad, these haters not only hate the game...they hate the fact that other people are enjoying the game, and they hate that other people don't feel the same hate.

They want you all to join their hatred club. They want their hatred to be validated, and if it's not, then it's a Reviewer conspiracy/idiot gamers.

Nice thread. Funny thing is, and by funny I mean sad, these haters not only hate the game...they hate the fact that other people are enjoying the game, and they hate that other people don't feel the same hate.

They want you all to join their hatred club. They want their hatred to be validated, and if it's not, then it's a Reviewer conspiracy/idiot gamers.

To better conform with the intellectual world of pragmatism, and in the interest of maintaining an aura of political correctness amidst angst and strife ... I personally prefer the term griefers. :eek: Edited by GalacticKegger

I am not on a high pop server unfortunatly, so I do understand this problem in peticular. The y spun up servers in a staggered way which I thought was clever at first but I think it led to some lop sided distribution.

I said it was a daft idea at the time, I was told I was an idiot.... mmm....

I am not on a high pop server unfortunatly, so I do understand this problem in peticular. The y spun up servers in a staggered way which I thought was clever at first but I think it led to some lop sided distribution.
Spinning them up sequentially was actually a great idea. The problem came when they flinched and added way too many new servers at launch in response to all the login queue complaints during early access. If they had stuck to their plan then server pop imbalance would not be an issue right now - because they had it worked out in less than a month. Hindsight being 20/20 and all. Edited by GalacticKegger

The problem is that those vocal few here are trying to destroy that. They dont want it to get better, they want it to be worse, for some twisted reason.

That's not true in all cases. Some people want the game to retain subscribers and are frustrated with BioWare's approach thus far having the opposite effect.

You can't blame attrition on the forums. My guild lost nearly 50% of its members, and none of them ever visited the forums. Those people left because our server only had 250 people at peak time, and they were tired of playing an MMO with no people.

Most of the criticism I've seen on the forums has been constructive or at least reasonable, but the tone is becoming increasingly sharp because our dissatisfaction seems to be falling on deaf ears.

Looking back at my own posts, I was very positive until early March. After seeing some of our best players leave the guild and dealing with the same annoying end game bugs week after week, I'm occasionally angry. I still hope BioWare will find a way to get the game back on track, because I've invested a lot of time in the game and a lot of effort in building my guild.

I invited my brother to check it out when they started the trials and now he loves it. He has invited 3 others and they all love it. The game is a blast to many people and will only get better. Forums are rarely a true representation of fact.

I invited my brother to check it out when they started the trials and now he loves it. He has invited 3 others and they all love it. The game is a blast to many people and will only get better. Forums are rarely a true representation of fact.

Pretty much; I have brought at least ten people into the game they are all having a blast my server has tons of helpful players and you just don't see the mock outrage that you do in the forums. That's why a lot of folks are saying it's Astroturfing.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

Pretty much; I have brought at least ten people into the game they are all having a blast my server has tons of helpful players and you just don't see the mock outrage that you do in the forums. That's why a lot of folks are saying it's Astroturfing.

This fellow right here is doing what needs to be done to make this game better.

This fellow right here is doing what needs to be done to make this game better.

I dunno, 90% of the people that came here with me have gone, nothing to do with the forums, they just had issues with the game (many or thier issues were ones mentioned on the forums though).

Bringing new people in is fine (as is getting people back), but you've got to fix the issues causing people to leave ASAP.

For the last month and a half, I was getting pretty annoyed with this game and Bioware. The game felt really grindy, dead and deserted. (was on a low pop server).

Finally I broke down and rolled another toon on fatman. Now that I have ppl to play with, I can finally expirence the MMO part of this game, WZ, FP, etc. Moving to another server that actually has people breathed new life into this game for me. I ws about to just quit.

It is sad that I had to go thru 5 level 30 something toons on other dead servers. Point of all this is: Bioware... MERGE SOME OF THOSE DEAD SERVERS!!!!!! or atleast offer free transfers. Hell I would be happy if they let us move 1 toon for free. I would pay to move the other 4.

For those that are on dead servers, they are missing out on the MMO part and the RP part of this game. I thought this was more of a SPRP game before I found a populated server. We can't all be on fatman and the 1 or 2 other populated servers. Hell today I expirenced a 7 minute que time. I was flabbergasted, but i smiled and happily waited my turn.

Yes yes yes, update 1.2 will bring much needed features that should of been there at launch like: UI customization, meaningful legacy system etc. But to be honest now that I have ppl to actually play with, I can wait. Maybe not for too long but never the less I can wait.