How do you ever level your PvP stats on a dead server?

Puppup

Sadly this is the case on quite a few servers. I'm not going to tell you to reroll like many other people will probably say to this thread. Hopefully they merge some servers soon, that would be great in my opinion.

Aussies are getting the opportunity to transfer to aussie servers soon I think. I would figure soon after that maybe they'll sell some paid transfers or something similar to WoW

They definitely will. They aren't holding it back because they want to its obvious its just technical limitations at the moment in regards to the legacy system.

This would be imo why they are waiting till after 1.2 so they can implement that first and then make sure the transfers work smoothly with it.

I mean if you look at it what happens when you transfer a character? Does the legacy stay on the server? Does it go with the character? Do both servers get it?

Either way its a fairly decent technical hurdle to overcome and I think the entire reason server merges/transfers haven't been implemented yet and why we will see them shortly after 1.2s release when they have the large scale implementation of it to test and bug fix on.

[ QUOTE=Puppup;3800783]Thought I would give it a try, but it never pops.

Make a post on your respective forum askin how many do actually like to pvp. Then start adding plenty of friends, join bigger guilds, because one things for sure will get hutbal action with enough of you signed up.

Check how many are actually in the WZ's before signing up,if no one, then drum up support by getting more to sign up, using general channel on fleet etc.

Also, are you someone playing on a different time zone? If you are, then not the servers fault, you got no other choice but change.

They definitely will. They aren't holding it back because they want to its obvious its just technical limitations at the moment in regards to the legacy system.

This would be imo why they are waiting till after 1.2 so they can implement that first and then make sure the transfers work smoothly with it.

I mean if you look at it what happens when you transfer a character? Does the legacy stay on the server? Does it go with the character? Do both servers get it?

Either way its a fairly decent technical hurdle to overcome and I think the entire reason server merges/transfers haven't been implemented yet and why we will see them shortly after 1.2s release when they have the large scale implementation of it to test and bug fix on.

I wish that Legacy applied cross-server to begin with. Though, there might be name issues, if you cannot have more than one exist.

Thought I would give it a try, but it never pops.

I play on Firkrann Crystal, which is light population. Sometimes (rarely) queue times get up to around 10-15 minutes during peak hours and they totally die around 1-2am EST.

The key is finding a server that has at least some activity when you are online the most. If I were to be logging in after midnight each night, I'd be getting next to no PVP in. Luckily I get home from work around 5pm EST which seems like a really good time to queue up.

You can definately PVP on a low pop server, but keep time zones in mind and keep supper in mind (I know, sounds silly, but it's true). Peak hours for all servers is just after supper time in the timezone that the server is located.

Heading to a high pop server is something I want to avoid doing, even though I know doing so would yield me faster queue times. I love the fact that I can sit on fleet and not have chat filled up with people trolling each other or being generally childish.

Edited by Nukor

I am against server merges. I would like to see free transfers opened up from high pop to low pop though.. It should be the player's choice.. I mean, how would you like it if you got your name and your legacy and then you were merged into another server where both are taken and you end up being the one that has to change both.. Just seems like it could drive a few people to quit the game. Not everyone is kosher about using special characters to make it look like the same name just with funny symbols.

I used to be against cross realm PvP until I tried queueing for PvP between the hours of 3am and 6am CST.. 0 queue pops. Cross realm, unfortunately, is a necessity.. It will kill rivalries, but it will allow people to get a queue pop at just about any hour..