most overpowered pvp class

Heith

sorcs cannot get 5k crits against any 50 toon with expertise, especially not now with the surge nerfs

I've seen it done since then. Probably has to be against someone in centurion at the best, but still possible.

Edited by Cruxe

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we both agree heal mercs gets removed from the game with 1.2 I wonder why you put merc in general higher on the list after 1.2. Both DpS trees got totally shafted as well. Average DpS reduction of 6-7% and even less survival.

I believe that sorc becomes very useless. Merc can still be somewhat viable with dps.

If I get the jump on you... me. (Sith Assassin)

extremely unlikely. fully buffed i can almost hit 4k crit. around 3.8 to 3.9k vs very soft targets. if anything we sorc/sage need some debuffs to compliment our dmg. debuffs dont have to come from us.

i quoted the wrong post ;(

Edited by goldenarmz

extremely unlikely. fully buffed i can almost hit 4k crit. around 3.8 to 3.9k vs very soft targets. if anything we sorc/sage need some debuffs to compliment our dmg. debuffs dont have to come from us.

i quoted the wrong post ;(

yeah you meant to quote me I think.

I can't find it right now but about a week ago there was a "whats you biggest crit" thread running and some sorcs posted some screens for 5k+ crits.

The fact is no class, except smash JK/SW are critting for 5k without relics, adrenals, and some luck.

You guys are really missing the whole jist of 1.2. with the upcoming changes to fit band adjustment, ear flap mitigation and the color wheel coming off the GCD, the Dark Habidasher class will pwn all. Personally, I can't wait to use sunder baseballcap and AttachColorfullTulip. Edited by VoidJustice

I think the people who say they can win 1on2 or whatever never played against good players of the opposing class. You can take 2 of the worst matchup against your class, and if they're equal geared/skilled those two guys will generally defeat you very easily. It's actually more ridiculous when you go 2v4 or whatever because here, due to the sheer number of characters involved, it is almost certain you will find a mirror match so you can't even count on a favorable matchup. That is, you take say 2 Tankasin/Marauder and fight 4 guys and you're probably going to find at least 2 enemies are a Tankasin or a Marauder. I've had WZs where over half of the classes are Tankasin/Marauders and yet you're supposed to win while outnumbered by your mirror? Sure you can still win if the other guy sucks, but hoping your enemy sucks is not a reliable strategy and certainly never works against good opposition.

Unless one of them is a Sniper...then smash kill them and move to the next. Snipers die faster/easier than any other class in the game.

To all those who say assassins (or operatives) are OP:

You must be one terrible PvPer.

If you're trying to 1v1 a stealth/stun/burst based class... then you deserve to be owned over and over again. Assassins are only so called "OP" in 1v1 situations, and technically they're not OP because they SHOULD own you in a 1v1 situation. Assassins fall off pretty bad if they run into the fray, they're meant to stay hidden or out of the fight and then pop in to clean up. If they get popped on while their still setting up for an attack or have more than one person going for them, they're easy to take down. I would say they're probably the closest advanced class to being balanced. Their burst isn't crazy stupid, they have some utility but not over doing it, they aren't super squishy but still easy to take down, and they're CDs/resources balance out well. Yeah, the tank hybrid can be stupid sometimes but so is every tank hybrid. People need to stop blaming their failures on the system and realize that maybe they just aren't as good as they think. I've played almost every class in high level PvP (meaning not all advanced classes). None of them are anything special, they all have their ups and downs. Majority of the time it's just the players being terrible the game or their class.

P.S.

Merc/Commando 1 button spam isn't OP because it nerfs their damage output pretty badly. So, unless they have a buddy helping to take you down (in which case, they're doing what all of you should be doing) they shouldn't be much of an issue.

most people have no clue what OP is...

OP is a class that make you win or lose a warzone

an extra Shadow that know how to sneak/stealth/stun/pull/push in the right moment make you win/lose

an extra sentinel no matter how good he is wont make you win/lose a warzone (may make you win or lose damage graph)

yes Shadow is OP not because have the highest crit not because win 1vs1 not because killed me or you or 2 noobs

And my main is Shadow &Sentinel but i play Commando and scouldrel too

but because ALONE he can make the difference between WINNING a warzone and LOSING a warzone

and if u dont understand this or u only play Shadow and u have no idea how other class struggle or u are just playing the shadow wrong because he is the one that 50% of the time MAKE YOU WIN

a Sentinel has higher crit for sure has higher total damage of course probably win 1vs1 why not... but he will never make the REAL difference in a warzone ULESS YOU ARE STEAMROLLING SOME NOOBS where u kill them countless time and sentinel can kill 3 at the time

Edited by Pekish

an extra Shadow that know how to sneak/stealth/stun/pull/push in the right moment make you win/lose

Very difficult to understand you correctly so forgive me if I misunderstood.

You listed 4 verbs there. The Shadow can't push and there is no such thing as "sneaking".

Considering we can only Pull and Stealth, how does another Shadow doing this make you win or lose?

Edited by Zilrota
removed rude.

Merc, I would nerf the hell out of that class. They're easy to control 1 vs 1 but warzones arent about FFA. In a crowd however, and foremost a pug crowd, they're dealing an insane amount of damage. What other class has that burst without having to set up or move around first? You can just place two of them on your side of the mid in Huttball and no pug team is going to come close to a ball respawn.

Only people I worry about are those who know what they are doing and work as a team. Every one else is none of my concern.

I gotta agree with this guy. Only the good players are OP because they make the bad ones...well look bad. Most classes are generally okay except for a couple annoyances. Yes some classes are better at certain aspects than others, but thats the rock-paper-scissors effect. There is no "OP class"...each class just has their strengths and special niches they fulfill.

my bad i will try to write more carefully now

OP it's all about the number of strategy that you can pull out with your skills

strategy that you can use to accomplish a specific objective

the number of strategy that you can pull with a shadow include:

invisibility at least 3 stun (one istant one with casting bad one out of combat) pushing enemy away pulling enemy to you (in or out the combat area) AOE push AOE debuff guard...

the combination of these tools make you usefull in every situation when u are 1vs1 1vs2 or 3vs4 (AOE tools debuff/push/etcetc)

a Sentinel can be very strong and very resistent but he cannot deal with many situation can he decide to approach a turret unseen? no... can he decide to pull out an enemy from that is arrassing your healer?

leaping to someone fighting wont take him out of the situation he is there ready to fight he probably has an healer near by or someone close protecting him.... pushing people around pulling enemy out etcetc is much more distructive of a strategy then leaping into his arms

this make the Sentinel a very predictable and selfcentered type of gamestyle he wont help you he wont cap a node hidden approaching it without beeing seen he will just go for the kill... ALWAYS (he cannot do much else honestly and obviously he is good at it)

the OP is not "i do more damage then you i can kill you in 1vs1 or i kill faster then you" but I can deal with multiple situation in 10 different way offering 10 different solution and you can just get in there and swing 2 blade.

Edited by Pekish

an extra sentinel no matter how good he is wont make you win/lose a warzone (may make you win or lose damage graph)

yes Shadow is OP not because have the highest crit not because win 1vs1 not because killed me or you or 2 noobs

And my main is Shadow &Sentinel but i play Commando and scouldrel too

but because ALONE he can make the difference between WINNING a warzone and LOSING a warzone

and if u dont understand this or u only play Shadow and u have no idea how other class struggle or u are just playing the shadow wrong because he is the one that 50% of the time MAKE YOU WIN

a Sentinel has higher crit for sure has higher total damage of course probably win 1vs1 why not... but he will never make the REAL difference in a warzone ULESS YOU ARE STEAMROLLING SOME NOOBS where u kill them countless time and sentinel can kill 3 at the time

dont act like u play a sent/mara there speed buff is one of the best things you have have for a huttball or any warzone because your on the point/flag twice as fast as the other team

dont act like u play a sent/mara there speed buff is one of the best things you have have for a huttball or any warzone because your on the point/flag twice as fast as the other team

have u ever played a sentinel do you even know how our speed buff? do you know how much % speed increase and how long it last?

Requires and converts 30 stacks of Centering to issue Transcendence to you and your party, increasing movement speed by 50% and melee and ranged defense by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds.

we get the speed buff but we have TO WORK FOR IT get 30 centering it means at least fight a couple of minuts (and if u click that one u are renuncing to a bonus on damage)

shadow get a speed buff that not only clean the ROOTS/CC but they just need to press a button and it's every 30 second (WITHOUT RENUNCING ANYTHING)

Increases your movement speed by 150% for 2 seconds. Does not break Stealth.

please why do you even bother writing?

Edited by Pekish

have u ever played a sentinel do you even know how our speed buff? do you know how much % speed increase and how long it last?

you honestly seem to have no clue that's the point with sentinel

we get the speed buff but we have TO WORK FOR IT get 30 centering it means at least fight a couple of minuts

shadow get a speed buff that not only clean the ROOTS but just need to press a button and it's every 45 second

please why do you even bother writing?

u trolling?

they have an ability to automatically generate 30 centering.

talented speed buff is 50%.

next.

then you are just bad.

for you having a 10 second 50% that need a pre-requisite of 30 centering that you collent in 1 or 2 minuts and not only it's a OR speed OR extra damage since u could invest those 30 centering in other way.... and it's very situational because you may need it when u dont have 30 centering and u may not need it when you have 30 centering

and the other one CLEAN UR ROOT/CC and the other one is on 30 second cooldown (it's actually always ready mostly) and give you 150%

you just dont know how bad u are if u think that our speed buff is a "game" changing

the difference between shadow and sentinel it's exactly like this buff

Sentinel is good but you have to work hard for it and often struggle if your team doesnt support you

Shadow have everything ready you just push the button it no help from group needed.

Maybe at the very end the buff of the sentinel maybe sligtly better but the trouble you have to go trough to get it make you so much less effective on the long term unless you are pampered by a premade group.

Edited by Pekish

I've heard every class OP. And those same classes are underpowered. It's annoying how ppl complain either way. For so long Sent/Mara underpowered sucks etc. but good players show otherwise and suddenly they're OP. Just one example.

Definitely some classes have more annoying factors and have more survivability or heh crazy CCs... and others played less won't get the screams.

then you are just bad.

for you having a 10 second 50% that need a pre-requisite of 30 centering that you collent in 1 or 2 minuts and not only it's a OR speed OR extra damage since u could invest those 30 centering in other way.... and it's very situational because you may need it when u dont have 30 centering and u may not need it when you have 30 centering

and the other one CLEAN UR ROOT/CC and the other one is on 30 second cooldown (it's actually always ready mostly) and give you 150%

you just dont know how bad u are if u think that our speed buff is a "game" changing

the difference between shadow and sentinel it's exactly like this buff

Sentinel is good but you have to work hard for it and often struggle if your team doesnt support you

Shadow have everything ready you just push the button it no help from group needed.

Maybe at the very end the buff of the sentinel maybe sligtly better but the trouble you have to go trough to get it make you so much less effective on the long term unless you are pampered by a premade group.

Sentinel speed buff will reliably allow you to cap a turret in Alderaan before the other team can get there, or get to the ball first in Huttball.

No, you don't need 30 stacks of Centering, you have a cooldown that gives you 30 stacks, so you can use it right out of the spawn (like you should be doing).

It is a game-changer.

You just don't know what you have, maybe.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.