most overpowered pvp class

Heith

Speaking in 1v1 terms (not that it happens much or matters much, but...), my Immortal/Vengeance Juggernaut beats everyone. The order of difficulty in the fights is generally...

1) Tankassassin

2) Concealment Operative (with a little healing)

3) Pyrotech Powertech

4) Marauder

5) Sniper

6) Mercenary

7) Sorcerer

The top three are all close. I need to duel some Marauders, but they never really give me problems in war zones (nor do the other classes outside the top 3).

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marauder/Sents

Assassin/Shadow

Powertech/vanguard

Medicine Operatives

Middle

Operative/Smuglers

Gunslingers/Sniper

juggernaut/Guardians

Sorc/Sages

Bottom

Mercenary/Commando

I agree with this. I think slingers/snipers are very close to the first tier though. Commandos are just laughable and sorcerers aren't great either. Madness Sorcers can put out the damage but they die very fast. Mercs are just pathetic.

Edited by MrSIlverSurfing

Most of you are asking the wrong questions, and so giving the wrong answers. PvP in this game isn't paper-rock-scissors, because --- in its current incarnation --- PvP is less about killing other players and all about winning objectives. The incredible utility of stealth, combined with the fact that all-stealth teams really won't lose much at all (stealth healers, stealth dps, stealth tank), makes the op and assassin OP for serious competitive play come 1.2.

Finally someone else who gets it...

For WINNING OBJECTIVES.

Assassin Tank/DPS

Operative Healer.

All other classes need not apply an 8 man premade composed of *only* the above 2 classes will dominate every other combination in every warzone.

Put simply thier ability to stack numbers on your weakly defended objective, while being able to effectivly defend//stall an objective with just 2 players and stealth CC/Sap means they always win the numbers game.

Fixing stealth probe to 3x cooldown with 3x radius, so its up less often, but is actually good at De-stealthing would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Its a PVP only skill anyway and giving mercs a place on an 8 man premade because they actually have a role they can play isnt a bad thing..

Marauder/Sents

Assassin/Shadow

Powertech/vanguard

Medicine Operatives

Middle

Operative/Smuglers

Gunslingers/Sniper

juggernaut/Guardians

Sorc/Sages

Bottom

Mercenary/Commando

Much better list than the OP's original. Tho juggs can be a beast if played right and sorc/sages are still pretty tough.

Oh and I think a mercenary bodyguard (healer) is somewhere in the middle.

depends on what class you play. and what you both kit out.

i would say:

gunslinger / sniper

sorcerer / sage

smuggler / operative

commando / mercanary

powertech / vanguard

guardian / juggernaught

sentinel / marauder (not spent enough time with or against them to fully judge)

assassin / shadow

they are all very close. this is just my experiences. the ranged classes just semm to be easier to keep alive and nuke players down.

gunslingers / snipers esspecially, when locked behind thier shield the mid - close range fighters have a hard time (impossible if they are placed right) to kill them.

other than that its just easier for the other classes.

bearing in mind this is my own experience, i have not got them all to max level yet so it might change after i spend some more time in it. im starting to like my assassin alot more but i feel they are not quite as good as some of the others due to the light armor and not a tremendous amount of dps. he is only level 29 atm and i have not worked out all the tricks yet

Tank Assassins/shadows

Thats about it for me... if I with a Shadow at level 15 in Combat Stance can regularly 1v2 two people (kill one and get another down to bellow 20% health before dieing myself... or using force speed to run off to safety) in partially (badly) modded orange social gear (heck two of my pieces have no mods at all) with a broken keyboard and poor melee skills (running around in circles and spamming my backstab and Project ability keys with regular attacks thrown in between) then something is wrong with the class.

I shudder to think what i can do with the class if I tried, and got off my lazy butt and mailed it some proper mods and a purple hilt.

We have a Warhero Assassin on our server in the lvl 50 pvp matchs... he's more or less invulnerable, insta charge burst, trick shot, sab charge, Aimshot rotation results in about 10-15% loose of health for him... he gets on my slinger and I melt in seconds. He's stronger in defence than the best juggs ive faced. Heck ive seen him more or less 4v1 us sometimes AND get away to come back only seconds latter to finnish the job.

Just not right, not right at all.

Second id say would be Juggs... some of the lvl 50's on our server can melt opponents in seconds... but at least there killable unlike the Assassin.

assuming correct spec for pvp, equal gear, and equal skill. i believe an operatives beats everything but an assasin..

I really hope your just taking the mickey (A stronger word might get this deleted :D) with this.

people can say it's the player and not the class all they want but i disagree in terms of merc's tracer spam and inquis. lightning spam.

(i don't personally have a huge problem with it but i do find it pretty lame and op)

that has nothing to do with the player. just push 1 button over and over.

if the warzone goes quiet for a minute all you will hear in the distance is tracer missile spam, boom... booom... booom... booom.

and any class that can take the elements of huttball out of the equation like consular/inquis are too op.

the elements should kill you or be almost fatal, not just be avoided by a lame shield ability.

so.. i go with:

1> consular/inquis for their huttball ridiculousness.

2> merc bh for that ridiculous tracer spam

that's all.

you must be terrible player if you think mercenary bh are op... but whatever il point out wich classes are most op atm... JUGG/MARAUD

Much better list than the OP's original. Tho juggs can be a beast if played right and sorc/sages are still pretty tough.

Oh and I think a mercenary bodyguard (healer) is somewhere in the middle.

95% of mercenary are not even bothering anymore to go bodyguard with this borked class lol

I play a jugg, immortal spec and I am insulted by the lack of respect we are receiving in this thread. Pvp is all about dps? Juggs do a lot of things that simply do not show up on the stat sheet. Absorbing tons of damage, staying alive and keeping the other team from capping. Taunt, Aoe taunt and guard are game changing and can turn the tide of battle. Juggs dominate in huttball as well. One on one, immortal juggs who are well played should have no problem beating dps classes while healers give me the most trouble, just because of the limited dps i put out. Per game medals, i average between 6 to 10 depending on the game, total damage around 75-125k and protection ranging from 50k to 100k on average. Juggs are the Rodney Dangerfields of pvp, no respect.

I couldnt agree more and love the rodney dangerfield reference lol. Outa my 3 classes- immortal jug, arsenal merc, n hybrid sage, the jug is my favorite n the best imo-yet hardest to play. I get between 7-13 medals on average per game, do between 125k-180k per game frm a non damage class in defense spec. Not to mention how effective we r in huttball w all the mobility. But jugs just dont get the respect-even in mvp votes. Ive been top in medals by 3, protection, n top 3 in damage n not gotten an mvp vote b4 a couple times

Speaking in 1v1 terms (not that it happens much or matters much, but...), my Immortal/Vengeance Juggernaut beats everyone. The order of difficulty in the fights is generally...

1) Tankassassin

2) Concealment Operative (with a little healing)

3) Pyrotech Powertech

4) Marauder

5) Sniper

6) Mercenary

7) Sorcerer

The top three are all close. I need to duel some Marauders, but they never really give me problems in war zones (nor do the other classes outside the top 3).

Agree w this too. My immortal juggernaut has went 32-8 in 1v1 fights-great 1v1 class. Neway in trying to answer the thread and imo wo putting specs too it... 1- marauder, 2-juggernaut, 3- powertech, 4-assassin, 5-operative, 6-sorcerer, 7-sniper, 8-merc. But ne of those classes can be the best if played by the right person. More the player than class imo