The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

George lucas star wars is dead

He is just a producer and filmmaker. He is in no position to be the Almighty God of Star Wars and head of LA.

He's also a writer and director, not to mention a genius. He is also George Lucas's best friend and co-collaborator on the Indiana Jones films. Honestly, other than the refrigerator scene in Crystal Skull, those movies have been outstanding. I firmly believe Stephen Spielberg could do it and do it very well if GL were to give his ok.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you make new movies for a extreme base of critics who attack and threaten anyone and everyone for "THEIR" characters being killed / not as important / or when they do not like your ideas ("JarJar Binks") !

I would laugh so hard if Episode VII started out with Luke getting shot in the back and killed by a Jawa within the first 2 mins. I would have to leave the theater immediately however, because there'd be an enormous nerd rage ensuing in the audience.

Any sequel trilogy should just be film versions of the Zahn books. It would make zero sense in my mind for the most powerful force user to die from a blaster shot in the back...

Agreed. But it's all up to whoever takes on the project once Lucas is gone.

Exactly, what are they going to do? Clone Palpatine? Pfft.

Actually It was done in one of the books and Luke went to the Dark side only to be brought back to the light side by Leia! Also Chewie had a moon drop on his head and he died! oh........ SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Indian Jones surviving a nuke in a fridge is just crazy. But don't mind him surviving a fall at a couple thousand feet in the air from a plane on an inflatable life raft, or him healing his dads wounds with the holy grail, or not only finding the Lost Ark but it also murdering everyone once opened. Yeah, Indiana surviving a nuke in a fridge is totally CRAZY.

Sarcasm and joking aside. Anyone with half a brain wouldn't care about anything after original trilogy anyway. Hence why some people still care about Pre-CU SWG.

But don't mind him surviving a fall at a couple thousand feet in the air from a plane on an inflatable life raft, or not only finding the Lost Ark but it also murdering everyone once opened. Yeah, Indiana surviving a nuke in a fridge is totally CRAZY.

This.

Sarcasm and joking aside. Anyone with half a brain wouldn't care about anything after original trilogy anyway.

Shia LaBeouf never touched Indiana Jones' hat. Never.

Sarcasm and joking aside. Anyone with half a brain wouldn't care about anything after original trilogy anyway. Hence why some people still care about Pre-CU SWG.

I think the books explaining the years after the Battle of Endor are a great read! Sad that today's youth don't pick a book up and read it! With SWG I played it till the end! Even with all the crap of server transfers, the CU, NGE, ect...! SWG>SWTOR>WoW.

I think the books explaining the years after the Battle of Endor are a great read! Sad that today's youth don't pick a book up and read it! With SWG I played it till the end! Even with all the crap of server transfers, the CU, NGE, ect...! SWG>SWTOR>WoW.

Thank you for putting WoW last. It deserves to be there. lol

That said, the order should be EVE>TOR>CoH>EQ>SWG>EQII>WoW, imo. :D

Copyright law, there can be no remakes of anything under copywrite as long as the creator of it is alive. When said creator dies, you gotta wait 70 years for there to be any remakes.

Waow that guy talks fast. Thx for the info though, always presumed that film copyright would be the same as music's.

To be honest the way people act , I think George Lucas should do what he has done until the maturity of Extreme StarWars Fans change .

I wish George Lucas good health . I think it is sad to think otherwise about him over something that does not matter as much as a Human Life . Reality > Fiction

To be honest the way people act , I think George Lucas should do what he has done until the maturity of Extreme StarWars Fans change .

I wish George Lucas good health . I think it is sad to think otherwise about him over something that does not matter as much as a Human Life . Reality > Fiction

Holy crap!

This post is a rare fidn indeed! I thought logic, and having a heart was impossible to exist on a forum :eek: . Good to see other people "getting it." Oh and 100% agree.

“These current defacements are just the beginning. Today, engineers with their computers can add color to black-and-white movies, change the soundtrack, speed up the pace, and add or subtract material to the philosophical tastes of the copyright holder. Tomorrow, more advanced technology will be able to replace actors with ‘fresher faces,’ or alter dialogue and change the movement of the actor’s lips to match. It will soon be possible to create a new ‘original’ negative with whatever changes or alterations the copyright holder of the moment desires….

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be ‘replaced’ by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten…. Attention should be paid to the interest of those who are yet unborn, who should be able to see this generation as it saw itself, and the past generation as it saw itself.”

- George Lucas 1989

I think he has been trying to prove a point ever since he got rich.

Doing 7, 8, 9 would tick a lot of people off because odd's are it world not follow the books. In a way tho the books take the story way past what would be in the movie's 7, 8, 9..........

But yeah, the only SW you'll ever see is in either games, comics, or TV shows.

Well, until ole George assumes room temperature anyway. Once he's pushing up daisies (or encased in carbonite), who knows but we might see new movies.