Guide: Crew Skills

Goshee

I spotted an asterik on my minimap that sais "Scavenging". But i cant do nothing with it. There are some debris bu i cant use them. How do i scaveng them?

As the other one said many nodes are "broken" right now... For example I'm an Archeologist (it's the easiest nodes to see) ... You could see a Rubat Crystal formation but you cannot click it... Absolutely no way of clicking them...

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the other one said many nodes are "broken" right now... For example I'm an Archeologist (it's the easiest nodes to see) ... You could see a Rubat Crystal formation but you cannot click it... Absolutely no way of clicking them...

Wow this explains A LOT. I thought I needed to buy something since I couldn't mine some nodes I found.

Thanks for clarifying all this ****.

First of all, I only played swtor for 5 hours or so. Just gotten my first companion.

You'd think Crewskills were skills of your companions untill I realized it's my avatar's skills and not my Crew's. They're just executing the crafting etc, right?

At lv10 I was trying to figure out what skill to give to my companion, since there's only room for three you know. But I guess they can only be assigned 3 tasks at a time?

Can't wait to try it out ingame. :rolleyes:

If you are talking about the bonus missions that come from slicing they are only good for one run then they disappear from your list.

But is that intended behaviour or a bug?

From the wording ('unlocking' the mission) i always assumed those missions are added to your regular portfolio, but right now they're definitely one-shot.

But is that intended behaviour or a bug?

From the wording ('unlocking' the mission) i always assumed those missions are added to your regular portfolio, but right now they're definitely one-shot.

As far as I know this is intended.

And I understand where you are coming from.. I too thought the same as you but I can understand why it isn't.

They usually give great rewards, if you had access to them all the time then it would probably be a bit too good and eventually the slicers wouldn't be able to sell them on the market due to a low demand and high supply.

I'd recommend Cybertech for Jedi Sentinels, as they would be able to craft most mods for their lightsabres/armors plus they would be able to build equipement for their tank companions (T7). As for Jedi Guardians i'd recommend Artifice, as it gives endurance/defense mods for them and damage mods for their DPS companions (Kira). Edited by Carousel_t

Awesome guide. Love it. Just a note though, Akvi Sparr for the Smugglers is actually a Melee DPS. Though that info has no effect on her crafting. Just wanted to put that out there.

Tyvm mate, updated to show the correct information.

I didn't notice the difficulty button on the side for the longest time until I realized I was getting no experience from crafting. I went to my crew skill trainer and he sold me a bunch of new schematics--again I didn't realize I would have to go back to the trainer for new schematics.

Anyway I need to know if there is any way to get conductive flux outside of investigation and GTN. All of the armstech schematics I have that get me skill levels requires this material. I have surpassed the level of investigation where I am getting this item and am getting other types of flux. I really don't want to have to unlearn investigation just to pick it back up again and there is none on the GTN. Any thoughts?

Anyway I need to know if there is any way to get conductive flux outside of investigation and GTN.

Hey mate! Try looking for a crew skills vendor, they sell all sorts of crafting materials like flux :D

One can be found in the republic or empire fleet, in the crew skills sector.

Scorpio, (droid) - Belsavis

Combat Style: Ranged DPS

Armor: Heavy

Weapon type: Blaster Pistol & Shield generator

Primary Stat: Aim

Secondary Stat: Endurance

Crew Skills: +5 Bioanalysis, +5 Diplomacy Critical

Gifts loved:

This info is wrong in the crew skills part. Scorpio for me is +10 cybertech efficiency and +2 slicing critical

If you are talking about the bonus missions that come from slicing they are only good for one run then they disappear from your list.

What an awesome guide. <bows formally>.

I understand now that mission drops from slicing are one-shot usage only, but do you know if the schematic drops (hoverbikes, ship mods etc) are permanently "learned" or also one-shot usage as well (i.e. you can only craft one hoverbike from the schematic).

I did not see mention of it in the guide, so I wanted to ask since I am a bit baffled.

I seem to be getting recipes that I did not get at the trainer and did not get the schematic for, as far as I can tell. Do you learn new skills the more you make? If you get schematics via some other means, do you automatically learn them?

I love the extra skills that appear to be free, but no clue how I am getting them. Advise would be awesome!

Recoil

What an awesome guide. <bows formally>.

I understand now that mission drops from slicing are one-shot usage only, but do you know if the schematic drops (hoverbikes, ship mods etc) are permanently "learned" or also one-shot usage as well (i.e. you can only craft one hoverbike from the schematic).

Permanently learned.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.