Can we beat mercs?

Boomer-

Yeah, there's nothing you can do. I mean, you can only interrupt tracer missile every 6 seconds. You can only charge them every twelve (shorter than their knockback cooldown). You can only go invisible so they can't cast at you and you walk right up to them. You can only reduce their speed by 50% so it's impossible to kite you.

You can only do all this while pulling the highest dps in the game.

In short, if you can't beat an arsenal merc as a marauder, it's time to reroll.

You must be one of those FOTM reroller huh? Because this is our easiest match up BY FAR.

As a marauder you can basically beat a mercenary(tracer missile ones at least) 1v1 with less than 10% to start with. Marauders shut down mercenaries like snipers shut down marauders. as in HARD.

But here is a few tips.

Use your interrupt on every trace missile. Or force choke. Or intimidating roar. or charge.

Use obfuscate after you interrupt his tracer. This makes pretty much everything he has miss.

If you aren't in range to interrupt him then use charge/force camo or worst cae pop cloak and saber ward and laugh at the damage.

If you can't beat a tracer missile mercenary.... Pray you never run into the other 7 classes.

You must be one of those FOTM reroller huh? Because this is our easiest match up BY FAR.

As a marauder you can basically beat a mercenary(tracer missile ones at least) 1v1 with less than 10% to start with. Marauders shut down mercenaries like snipers shut down marauders. as in HARD.

But here is a few tips.

Use your interrupt on every trace missile. Or force choke. Or intimidating roar. or charge.

Use obfuscate after you interrupt his tracer. This makes pretty much everything he has miss.

If you aren't in range to interrupt him then use charge/force camo or worst cae pop cloak and saber ward and laugh at the damage.

If you can't beat a tracer missile mercenary.... Pray you never run into the other 7 classes.

Everything in this post and the one above it mirrors what I would have said, except that I'll disagree that Arse/Gunners are our easiest match-up...

Our easiest match-ups are Mara/Sents who haven't figured out where their defensive cooldowns are yet, and who run around with hard-ons for LOLBIGDAMAGENOMBARS XD

Everything in this post and the one above it mirrors what I would have said, except that I'll disagree that Arse/Gunners are our easiest match-up...

Our easiest match-ups are Mara/Sents who haven't figured out where their defensive cooldowns are yet, and who run around with hard-ons for LOLBIGDAMAGENOMBARS XD

That lol. There aren't too many scrubs on Vornskr, but that's cause they get red-listed the second we identify them and then get their asses pounded until they figure their **** out. Which usually doesn't take too long, considering how hard nubs get their asses beat.

But there are at least 3 dual-glowstickers that I love to shred. Scrubs wearing PvE gear in PvP get the rod.

But here is a few tips.

good advice, but I prefer to save my obfuscate for a TM if/when my interupts are on CD. Nothing else he has is going to hit you very hard if you don't have heat sigs on you.

In my eyes all they have to do is push you and start spamming tracer missiles. As an anni or rage build how can we counter mercs?

Lol. I play carnage, and just save my interrupt, pop obfuscate, and force scream crit them into the ground.

Lol. I play carnage, and just save my interrupt, pop obfuscate, and force scream crit them into the ground.

obfuscate does basically nothing unless you force them to use something other than missiles

which means you have to interrupt them

and if you dont they will pound on you almost as badly as you are pounding on them

its just down right stupid to not interrupt tracers

I knock them back and start kiting. If they get close, stun and kite again....

You have no idea how enjoyable it is to watch a marauder slowly die because he's too stubborn. I'm on imps as well so this is all in hutball with many things to lose los / platforms. Not sure what itd be like on voidstar/civil war.

Sure marauders can kill me, if I'm focusing on something else.

good advice, but I prefer to save my obfuscate for a TM if/when my interupts are on CD. Nothing else he has is going to hit you very hard if you don't have heat sigs on you.

obfuscate does not mitigate tech damage (tracer missile, fusion missile, flame thrower) only weapon based damage (rapid shots, unload, rail shot)

so you interrupt the first TM and then he will most likely stun, (unless he hasn't used his knock back yet) or unload. so if you hit him with obfuscate before he uses unload do not interrupt it, it will miss just about every time, its hilarious, and then his big crit rail shot? nope, most likely he will miss with that too.

Maras forced me to respec from arsenal so thanks for that. It is actually maddening going into PvP as an arsenal with maras.

However, most maras are not really hard work at all with my pyro merc. Most of the time you guys expect mercs to be a tracer spammer so you'll come at me with half health, everything on cooldown, like I'm there to just keep your fury up - it's ridiculous really. When you guys pop your undying rage I'll just stun or kite you with a slow proc'd by our free move. My advice would be, if you see the combustible gas cylinder buff on us, maybe be ready for a fight.

Edited by Diddley