Get rid of low slash

Sickboy_

This has got to be the most useless ability in the deception tree. It has almost no use in pvp because it adds to resolve/breaks on damage, and zero use in end game pve, and the damage is pathetic. They need to replace it with something else, perhaps a damaging attack that also doubles as a defensive CD(like tracer missile which gives mercs 10% damage reduction)?

What do you think?

Low slash is actually quite useful i use it most of the time if in a 1v1 against certain classes its damage may not be great but the 5 sec stun can give a bit of breather time to say cast crushing darkness or to let those dots disappear then stealth to do a fc mt seethe combo there are uses for it its all about learning when to use it its also good for civil war if a friendly is capturing a objective and u got one incoming but your electrocute is still on cd.

ER no, NO,. and definitely no. You have to be joking ! Actually Low slash is used as part of a rotation for me, using it to various things, which one of which is setting up a burst. Its not useless, learn how to work it into things better that's all. My mistake I often make, is that I am not looking at a players resolve bar at the time, so if its full of course I don't think the low slash will work. Its completely bizzare for me, as my resolve never gets too full, or it does, and I am still stunned and what ever else.

This has got to be the most useless ability in the deception tree. It has almost no use in pvp because it adds to resolve/breaks on damage, and zero use in end game pve, and the damage is pathetic. They need to replace it with something else, perhaps a damaging attack that also doubles as a defensive CD(like tracer missile which gives mercs 10% damage reduction)?

What do you think?

What do I think? Obviously you need to L2P if you feel that way....I got a spare flame suit if you want to borrow it?

This post is LOL considering the deception tree needs some buffing to be more viable in comparison to dps geared tank sin, and you want to remove what is probably the most versatile, utility/setup ability that the tree has lmao..

Edited by Ushela

What do you think?

No thanks. Low Slash is a very useful tool for pure Deception specs.

I like the idea of doubling it with a defense bonus, but maybe drop the damage as well, buffing it's damage seems a bit over the top to me and unnecessary.

Ugh, no way, low slash is one of the greatest deception moves for 2 reasons. It interrupts casts and does damage while doing so for one, and for two as deception sins don't have dots, it lets your wait on cooldowns, recharge your force, while your enemy sits there scratching his nuts for a few seconds.

If you compare Low Slash to similar talents in its location, it's obviously very bad compared to Force Pull, but I'd say that's because Force Pull is way better than the average talent in that range.

Low Slash really doesn't get you the extra GCD you think it should in PvP unless you're fighting a SW or a Sorcerer. In theory it uses 30 Force for an attack about the same as Thrash, but it's free because it incapaciates the enemy. In reality, it's not free because the against the other 5 classes in the game because the other 5 classes in this game are all resource-starved, so while you incapaciate them, they're just regenerating more resources so when they do get out of the incapaciate, they'll just DPS you harder than normal. It's good versus SW (must hit stuff to generate Rage) or Sorc (they never run out of Force for all practical purposes). In particular it's especially useless against another Assassin since Assassin should be always Force-starved, though even the Heat/Energy classes are unlikely to end up with 100 energy/0 heat after 4 seconds of inactivity if they're trying to push their DPS.

If you compare Low Slash to similar talents in its location, it's obviously very bad compared to Force Pull, but I'd say that's because Force Pull is way better than the average talent in that range.

Low Slash really doesn't get you the extra GCD you think it should in PvP unless you're fighting a SW or a Sorcerer. In theory it uses 30 Force for an attack about the same as Thrash, but it's free because it incapaciates the enemy. In reality, it's not free because the against the other 5 classes in the game because the other 5 classes in this game are all resource-starved, so while you incapaciate them, they're just regenerating more resources so when they do get out of the incapaciate, they'll just DPS you harder than normal. It's good versus SW (must hit stuff to generate Rage) or Sorc (they never run out of Force for all practical purposes). In particular it's especially useless against another Assassin since Assassin should be always Force-starved, though even the Heat/Energy classes are unlikely to end up with 100 energy/0 heat after 4 seconds of inactivity if they're trying to push their DPS.

what you're describing is a canned scenario vs an unassuming opponent.

Low Slash buys you 2 free globals, and depending on how competent your opponent is, 2 free globals can either be nothing special, or an eternity of options.

You also fail to take into account that its another great tool to use to make an opponent pop their CC breaker at an inappropriate time- Deception is not a popular assassin build and the likelihood of your opponent knowing that low slash breaks on damage is low. You can bait him into a break on your low slash, then cast into a whirlwind or electrocute for an unbroken CC, and have them at your mercy.

its an indispensable tool and a staple of the 'sneaky backstabber' archetype, a time honored tradition for players who have spent years as professional stunlockers in MMOs. The usefulness of Low Slash is beyond reproach.

In particular it's especially useless against another Assassin since Assassin

False. It excels against other assassins, especially the overused tank spec. When you can use it to CC an assassin through his best defensive cooldown; it's far from useless.

Edited by sTRaTeGiiZe

No uses in PvP? What are you smoking? One of the main ways I use it is against good players who know how to counter deceptions burst. After your 2 VSs most people with a brain will use their defensive CDs to mitigate your Shock and Discharge. At this point you use low slash to either 1) give you a gap to use those 2 abilities or 2) if they use their cc breaker, electrocute and it guarantee's that those 2 abilities will land. It can also be used as a second interrupt with jolt, that has a low CD. Between jolt, low slash, and electrocute you can give classes with cast timers fits.

I also like low slash, however, if I was to make any useful changes for deception to make it more competitive I would remove resourcefullness and entropic field.

I would replace one with a force leap gap closer and the other with a second vanish ability.

Deception suffers from squishyness and lack of utility as compared to say darkness or darkness hybrids. Having pvp'd with assassins since beta, I don't think their burst off sets the drawbacks. CC, holds, knockbacks just dominate deception assassins making all that extra dps worthless.

Deception is a lot of fun and so is madness but IMO they are both weaker than a darkness build unless you have a premade team to offset the weaknesses.

I think a high tier gap closer and a second vanish would fit thematically and make them more competitive.

Against a competent opponent, if he's an Assassin he's usually sitting at around 20 Force. If he's a Heat/Energy class he's usually sitting near 60 Energy/40 Heat. Incapaciate does nothing in this case and the damage done per Force is comparable to a Thrash if you don't gain a resource advantage, which you do not in these cases. You only get a GCD advantage versus Sorc (they never run out of Force) or SW archtypes (their resource is generated actively). The problem is the 4 seconds the opponent is out, he is still reseting his CDs and regenerating resources. In fact, most classes have more powerful abilities on longish CDs compared to an Assassin. For example, we sure don't have an example of a Heatseeker Missile (15s CD) in any spec. In fact Arsenal Mercs have 3 strong attacks on 15s CD so he really doens't mind trading idle time with you since he's waiting for those abilities to be back up anyway.

Low Slash a Force Lightning is cute but you're still going to lose rather badly in this matchup. Hoping the enemy to CC break on Low Slash is about the same hoping they'd CC break on Spike too. Sure I've seen it happen quite a bit but it's just a bad idea to have a strategy that assumes the enemy is dumb.

Basically if you didn't interrupt something important with Low Slash it's not a good attack against 5 out of 8 classes. Against the other 3 class it's a good attack provided someone else didn't break the incapaciate since the baseline DPF of Low Slash is roughly equal to Thrash.

As a darkness assassin, low-slash pisses me off...but the rest of deception makes me happy...Cause it sucks and they squish easy ^_^ Its like slapping marshmellows around except they land in the fire.

Oh noes, I got critted by surging discharge for...3.5k-5k...Oh noes you died while getting one decent hit in >_>

Edited by MrScar

Hot tip. Low slash incapacitates through force shroud.

Of course, in unorganized pvp, people usually break it the second you apply it.

Hotter tip: Never pop Force Shroud without deflection in a 1on1. (And with deflection up, Low Slash has a very slim chance of landing on a Darkness Assassin.)

I might be wrong, but it's the lowest cd hard CC in the game? Soft cc's like the sniper leg shot and commando single target knockback can be talented to be shorter i think.

I find it pretty useful in PvP.

At end game for PvE I agree it can be useless.

I miss when it only cost 15 energy but as a dev pointed out that allowed it to be used to regenerate force which was "not intended". :( Deception was so much funner in beta. I'm gonna start a campaign to get pull back for the lols...who's with me?!

I also have a hot tip! Use a casted spell if you have time and force to break the low slash (crushing darkness is cool) You get to land TWO globals to break the incap instead of just facerolling shock into it. MOAR BURST

Edited by Lina_Inverse

I might be wrong, but it's the lowest cd hard CC in the game? Soft cc's like the sniper leg shot and commando single target knockback can be talented to be shorter i think.

I find it pretty useful in PvP.

At end game for PvE I agree it can be useless.

I miss when it only cost 15 energy but as a dev pointed out that allowed it to be used to regenerate force which was "not intended". :( Deception was so much funner in beta. I'm gonna start a campaign to get pull back for the lols...who's with me?!

I also have a hot tip! Use a casted spell if you have time and force to break the low slash (crushing darkness is cool) You get to land TWO globals to break the incap instead of just facerolling shock into it. MOAR BURST

It's the lowest resolve CC but because Assassins have the easiest resource management (Force regen rate doens't decay) and relatively few shortish CD moves (10 to 15s range), trading time with most classes usually puts you behind. That is, almost anyone you fight could use the break more than you. You really need to interrupt something (doesn't have to be something big, but has to be something) if not fighting a SW archtype or Sorc for the cost to be worth it.