Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Watchman Rotation Reduced to 1 Macro Ownage

HeliosApollo

Picked up a Logitech G13 and keyed in my rotation in Watchman spec and melted faces. Our rotation can be summed up in one macro.

Before you say omg bad player I use my other abilities as well I interupt, I still use crippling throw, and I still slow if needed but the damage rotation is a priority system so it's uber easy to pwn with a push of one button. Skills :) No more Watchman is soo hard to play even though it never really was.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

must work like magic when you get CC'd after 2 sec :p

What does cc have to do with anything? If I get cc'd I would still use the same rotation. I'm not getting cc'd for 12-15 seconds for my overload saber to come off cd. CC doesn't affect it at all since it is a priority system.

Cool story, bro.

Yeap, just do all your skills in the same predictable order every time. Sounds like a great idea.

/thread

Isn't that what a rotation is and doesn't this spec have a priority rotation. Since the cd's have differnt timers my macro always does whats off cd first in my set priority. So all in all my rotation will change based on what cd is up. I never said I didn't use my other abilities so things do change.

Not one macro can achieve this. You need atleast 2. Slash is not good to use untill you have atleast 5-8 focus. Spamming this will usually get in the way of your meciless slash. but your right 2 macros can cover the basic rotation.

Not one macro can achieve this. You need atleast 2. Slash is not good to use untill you have atleast 5-8 focus. Spamming this will usually get in the way of your meciless slash. but your right 2 macros can cover the basic rotation.

You sir are correct. I haven't got high enough level to get merciless slash yet but I was looking to somehow work it in to my macro. I will burn that bridge when I get there. I will most likely take out slash and use it seperatly when everything else is on cd.

What does cc have to do with anything? If I get cc'd I would still use the same rotation. I'm not getting cc'd for 12-15 seconds for my overload saber to come off cd. CC doesn't affect it at all since it is a priority system.

I think you'll find things are a little bit different in pvp. I'm sure it works great in pve, but a skilled player or team can and will really screw it up.

Plus you're not factoring in for conditionals. Go ahead and use your macro on that Op healer who just popped Evasion. She'll be more than pleased to watch your Dispatch and Merc Slash miss.

Edited by Quor

I think you'll find things are a little bit different in pvp. I'm sure it works great in pve, but a skilled player or team can and will really screw it up.

Plus you're not factoring in for conditionals. Go ahead and use your macro on that Op healer who just popped Evasion. She'll be more than pleased to watch your Dispatch and Merc Slash miss.

The nice thing about my mindless macro is the ability to pay MORE attention to these things. If I notice a healer or whoever pop a defensive cd I will act accordingly. You are under the assumption that just because I use a macro to make the job easier that I am a huge baddy spamming it not paying attention at all. I do factor in the conditionals but the conditionals have no affect on the priority rotation except that I will have to use other abilities in between my rotation like anyone not using a macro. As I said above I still use all of the abilites available to me.

It works for both pvp and pve. I consistently top the meters in wz's while holding objectives, killing healers, and carrying hutballs.

Edited by HeliosApollo

The nice thing about my mindless macro is the ability to pay MORE attention to these things. If I notice a healer or whoever pop a defensive cd I will act accordingly. You are under the assumption that just because I use a macro to make the job easier that I am a huge baddy spamming it not paying attention at all. I do factor in the conditionals but the conditionals have no affect on the priority rotation except that I will have to use other abilities in between my rotation like anyone not using a macro. As I said above I still use all of the abilites available to me.

It works for both pvp and pve. I consistently top the meters in wz's while holding objectives, killing healers, and carrying hutballs.

Then I have to ask you....why are you even playing this game? Congrats, you've reduced it all down to a single button. Wipe your hands of it and move on.

Or you're just trolling. My gut (maybe the Force?) tells me it's the latter.

Have you also managed to find a cure for cancer, while doing all that?

Edited by atreyuz

Hey, if it works for you, it works for you. I have no issue with it. Kudos. For me, fights vary too much for me to think about a macro. There are priorities as you point out, but as a fight develops my priorities change a great deal. I may need to use crippling throw for self healers or I may need to use awe for wandering mobs, etc. etc. So while it may work in general, I need to be able to change it up on the fly and typically do.

Hey, if it works for you, it works for you. I have no issue with it. Kudos. For me, fights vary too much for me to think about a macro. There are priorities as you point out, but as a fight develops my priorities change a great deal. I may need to use crippling throw for self healers or I may need to use awe for wandering mobs, etc. etc. So while it may work in general, I need to be able to change it up on the fly and typically do.

I think he is saying you can do all those things as well. Just when you want to damage someone just hit his macro and he'll do the best dps he can based on our priority/rotation. Priorities do change however and pressing one or two buttons won't do it all and he's not saying they will.

When playing watchman, I macro too.

cast overload

cast cauterize

cast merciless

cast zealous

cast strike

cast riposte (only in pvp)

if cauterize is resetted, simply slash or masterstrike, if I have to much force I do the same.

Watchman is by far the easiest to macro from the three trees.

I play watchman, and there´s often situations where i want to deal damage and the priority list is not correct.

Firstly when im on low health and the opponont is the same. If i start to dot him up, he will have killed me before I get down to business. A slash or even masterstrike will let me finish the dps race instead, given it´s a short race.

I play watchman, and there´s often situations where i want to deal damage and the priority list is not correct.

Firstly when im on low health and the opponont is the same. If i start to dot him up, he will have killed me before I get down to business. A slash or even masterstrike will let me finish the dps race instead, given it´s a short race.

if its that close you should be dispatching :p And ya ofc its situational.

As I said above I still use all of the abilites available to me.

So, your thread title should read "Watchman Rotation Reduced to 1 Macro and 6-12 conditional buttons Ownage" Right?

I do this without using a macro. You couldn't?

So, your thread title should read "Watchman Rotation Reduced to 1 Macro and 6-12 conditional buttons Ownage" Right?

I do this without using a macro. You couldn't?

^This.

Even with main things on macro you'll need at least 8 or maybe even 12 keys for stuff like cripple throw, saber ward, rebuke, guarded by the force, dispatch, interrupt, the occasional zen/inspiration/transendence, leap (plz tell me u didnt put leap in the macro), pacify, awe need i go on?

And as dark_isz said: I do this without macro, you couldn't?

btw: note I'm not saying it's a horrible thing, but since this game already isn't so hard, why make it even easier?

I consistently top the meters in wz's while holding objectives, killing healers, and carrying hutballs.

i top meters in warzones to,i dont use macros.i ignore objectives because i dispise pvp systems that have them,i guess i kill healers when i see them healing the people im beating on and i love to hear people rage at me because apparently im to lazy to put throw the huttball on my already overclogged up hotbars

Edited by CrunkShizzle

I use macros on my G13 and have considered something like this but I like a tad bit more control. I will say this works, and will give you decent dps, but a player that knows how to play his class will do better.

I do have my Strike / Zealous Strike bound together, and my relics to pop on Force Charge but past that macros are too restrictive, and I believe Cauterize has some ability delay so it will skip over at times.

So my point is you can bind everything to one key and it will work very well but not optimal.

The other cool thing you can do with a G13 is to use the key as a modifier. If I press press the key that does rebuke another tap within .4 seconds puts in Saber Ward.

Edited by furiousferret

My friend has a good setup:

2 main macros

1st: builds force

2nd: Unload damage.

Then 10+ other situational skills on off keys.

His damage went up 50-100k per WZ

It also made the class a lot more fun, b/c He is not staring at cool down timers anymore.

Edited by Mattascott

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.