Warzone Exp in 1.2

BrandonSchnurr

k so i just read the 1.2 pvp notes and 1 thing that caught my eye was that warzones are gonna give less exp. i think thats dumb, u barely get any to begin with and now u get even less? i think that u should be able to lvl from 10 to 50 by only doing warzones if u want to. it would alrdy take to long and now it would take forever. just kinda dumb in my oppinion i guess.

That note only reflects the test server (which prior to that note, had really high exp rewards, to the point that leveling in pvp was far faster than leveling in pve). Those overly high exp rewards were toned back down. What you see on live for exp rewards for completion of a warzone, is what you'll be seeing still once patch 1.2 hits.

That note only reflects the test server (which prior to that note, had really high exp rewards, to the point that leveling in pvp was far faster than leveling in pve). Those overly high exp rewards were toned back down. What you see on live for exp rewards for completion of a warzone, is what you'll be seeing still once patch 1.2 hits.

agreed. they had the experience gain on the pts a lot higher than on live for whatever reason. i think this note is just saying it's set to how it is on live now

k so i just read the 1.2 pvp notes and 1 thing that caught my eye was that warzones are gonna give less exp. i think thats dumb, u barely get any to begin with and now u get even less? i think that u should be able to lvl from 10 to 50 by only doing warzones if u want to. it would alrdy take to long and now it would take forever. just kinda dumb in my oppinion i guess.

Even if Warzones only awarded 1 experience point per match, you could level 10 - 50 by only doing Warzones. It'd take forever, but you could do it. Same as how you could level by only doing space missions once you get your ship.

Have you tested the amount of XP given?

Did you know that before they lowered the XP on the test server, it was much higher than it is on live?

People were leveling in just a few warzones, not getting enough commendations to keep their gear current and requesting that the rate be lowered to match the current leveling speed on live.

I've played a char just questing, I've played a char doing warzones. I would say leveling with warzones is not taking 'forever' at all. unless you're on a server where you only see 3-4 pops a day, of course.

then again I think you're missing out on a huge part of the game if you never do any questing or space missions, so what do I know ;)

Have you tested the amount of XP given?

Did you know that before they lowered the XP on the test server, it was much higher than it is on live?

People were leveling in just a few warzones, not getting enough commendations to keep their gear current and requesting that the rate be lowered to match the current leveling speed on live.

personally i hope they increase the exp amount to at least make it possible to level at a similar rate as can be achieved via questing. were probably talking a 30-40% increase on current exp. i did 8 warzones last night. took me about 3.5 hours, and bagged me about 40% of a level at level 37. i was able to buy 3-4 pieces of the level 40 gear with the WZ comms i got with those WZ's (though i had a few hundred saved up already as well)

its possible to make a full level via questing in the time it took me to do those WZ's, if they tweaked the exp amounts to the ones above, there would be no issues gaining enough comms to gear up either (not that gear makes the slightest difference in 10-49 WZ's)

I've played a char just questing, I've played a char doing warzones. I would say leveling with warzones is not taking 'forever' at all. unless you're on a server where you only see 3-4 pops a day, of course.

then again I think you're missing out on a huge part of the game if you never do any questing or space missions, so what do I know ;)

Would only be missing out if you've never done it. I at the point that on a new class (since I rolled The Fatman sever) that I'm not paying any attention to any of the personal story quest at all. An mind you I've never played the class on republic side.

If a player is new to the game I agree. At this point I prefer to level threw pvp an it does need to be increased slightly on pace with pve questing.