The Operative giggle is necessary for gameplay, not just aesthetics.

It is the only alert we have to let us know that Tactical Advantage has procced.

I personally do not care one bit about the aesthetics of the classes giggle. I do however like to know when I receive TA from Collateral Strike, or from a Kolto Probe tick.

In a sense this upcoming change makes the class slightly more difficult and frustrating to play.

Why is everyone only concerned with the aesthetics when the TA alert is a much more important issue?

i wonder why the people who complain about there characters giggling havent figured out how to play without sound

its like people in wow who used to complain about the choo choo noise train sets made(although that was like the only reason i used train sets)

Edited by CrunkShizzle

based solely on the Q&A for this week i get the feeling BW doesn't even want operative/scoundrel in the game. both issues were just blown off and basically told to deal with it.

i love the giggle. if they want to fix it for ops so the other group members aren't bothered by it make it so only the operative/scoundrel can hear it but don't just take it away.

this is making me feel like i am back playing FFXI from years ago and not only do the devs not listen but they are laughing at us.

in closing.. dear BW i don't want what every clue to inform me UH/TA has activated you are "looking in too". i want the one we already have..... leave the giggle alone.

Honestly, when soloing, I found it annoying. And when in PvP or group play, I was too busy to notice it. I don't need it to know when I have TA. If I just cast Injection, I know I have TA. If I just used Shiv, I know I have TA. Other than that, it's not hard to look and see if it's up. I don't even look at my buffs. If SP is available, I know I have it.

As a sound effect, the laugh was bad and the new sound is better.

As a audio cue during gameplay, the laugh was good and the new sound is bad.

It is part of the UI and replacing it with something less distinctive makes the game more frustrating to play. I've played using the new sound on the PTR and it takes significantly more concentration to pick up the new sound during combat.

The more you have to concentrate to figure out the UI, the less enjoyable the game is.

This is a bad change.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Honestly, when soloing, I found it annoying. And when in PvP or group play, I was too busy to notice it. I don't need it to know when I have TA. If I just cast Injection, I know I have TA. If I just used Shiv, I know I have TA. Other than that, it's not hard to look and see if it's up. I don't even look at my buffs. If SP is available, I know I have it.

From Game Update 2.0 PTS Patch Notes:

•Tactical Advantage now causes the character to giggle the first time it is applied if Tactical Advantage is not already active.

I agree with Absalon, but I also find the giggle annoying and distracting when play in a group. Get rid of the giggle or at least make it optional.

It is the only alert we have to let us know that Tactical Advantage has procced.

I personally do not care one bit about the aesthetics of the classes giggle. I do however like to know when I receive TA from Collateral Strike, or from a Kolto Probe tick.

In a sense this upcoming change makes the class slightly more difficult and frustrating to play.

Why is everyone only concerned with the aesthetics when the TA alert is a much more important issue?

So your eyes are broken and you can't quickly glance down at your buffs/debuffs to see you have TA? Or maybe see that your abilities that require TA are Greyed Out when you have no TA and Brighter when you do have TA? Seriously? Ive been playing my Op as a healer in BGs for the longest and the current sound/visual que to let me know Ive got TA is working just fine.

How bout you ****** about something important like the fact that Concealments current energy regen is so broken its almost impossible to maintain a decent rotation for PvE/PvP?

Edited by Keese
spelling

So your eyes are broken and you can't quickly glance down at your buffs/debuffs to see you have TA? Or maybe see that your abilities that require TA are Greyed Out when you have no TA and Brighter when you do have TA? Seriously? Ive been playing my Op as a healer in BGs for the longest and the current sound/visual que to let me know Ive got TA is working just fine.

How bout you ****** about something important like the fact that Concealments current energy regen is so broken its almost impossible to maintain a decent rotation for PvE/PvP?

did you miss the part where this thread was posted 11 months ago when the giggle worked a lot differently than it does now?

you clearly did not play an operative back then.

Edited by oaceen

How about you make a thread about that instead of going into another thread projecting your righteous fury that people dare to want good sound cues as well as visual ones.?

Edited by CaptainApop

• 1 month later...
I play on a roleplaying server. My character's personality and behaviour are critical to my game experience. If they're going to break my character by having him giggling his way through every fight, I won't be able to play. It's unacceptable if it's forced on me. Make it an option and I'll have no complaints.