Remove laser beam of death from Hammer Shot!

Musezy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say I do EVERYTHING I can to avoid the use of HS in pvp. 1.2 will make it much more difficult, but hey, we'll try. (and probably fail at it and switch dps..lol)

I will be happy with a merc-rapid-shot-like animation, even for pve, as the big beam was funny at start, but I've seen it enough by now.

Why not shoot serynges!!! or the same green containers the scoundrel use for their HoT (not the probe, but the thing the probe is shooting at you)!! It could be insane animation.

definately agree. its completely stupid that in pvp i have a huge green beam firing across the warzone that just screams HEALER. the opposition team doesnt even need to bother raid marking me. i want the bounty hunter burst, at least during a big brawl it could be confused with offensive attacks.

Mercs Rapid Shots is exactly the same way. It's a dead give away that I'm healing. It makes an annoying sound that anyone in a 30m radius can hear, and also shoots green bullets. I only use it to build 30 stacks as of late. The healing will not do a damn thing to keep someone alive with the type of damage going out.

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to play my Commando heals in 1.2 (re-rolling my 50 from pre 1.2, must be a masochist for re-rolling one in 1.2...) but what I previously found in WZs was that the green laser beam of death only really had a negative impact in PUG WZs. Against pre-mades in WZs, not only do people tend to recognise you by name, they notice your healing before you start throwing out HM. I usually build up my stacks before running in so I don't run in lasering someone for the whole world to see. My first heals once the WZs start are usually my mains, MP/AMP/KB. By that time, if the pre-made didn't know me before, they knew now and had marked me. Though in PUGs I generally don't have that problem since half the other team are tools who think I'm either dpsing or just cbf taking out a healer (yes I am talking about 50 PvP, it's sad how bad some people are). It's only really till my HM comes out that someone goes "oh, he's a healer?!" and the train starts rolling. If for nothing but that I'm on board for this one. Let baddies be baddies, I like ninja my healing.

Though TBH, Sage and Scoundrel heals are pretty obvious too. I mean, if a Sage ain't throwing rocks, he's throwing heals. If a Scoundrel isn't shooting someone, he's healing. But then again, that's kinda similar for Commandos too, if they're clutching their heads, they're probably healing.

I run a DPS cell/cylinder instead. It's not like hammer/rapid shot heals for much anyways. DPS or CC enemies, drop Kolto Bombs/Missles, or just plain move around in between casting heals. It will actually help you blend in and get targeted less IMHO.

Yeah, it may be slightly less healing output... but apparently that's what BW wants. /shrug

green beam. Useful. See it like this, a great team usage. Imps spot you. U have heavy armor and a really nice single target heal. The point here is too have 2-3 imps kicking your nuts thereby giving time for teammates to place/disarm or stick their knives in the back of the imps scratching you, perhaps u carry the ball. Sadly in my experienc this does not happen to often during un-grouped wz.

what is my wz result u might ask.

i collect an average no o medals, all from 3 to 17. Other numbers like 30 "healer" kills, about 80k dmg a round no of 200k heal. Oh, and as others i`m to very squishy, spec for self heal.

even though i die more when i show my huge green thingy it can actually save a friendly sentinel when u in fact gett"aggro" from players. What usually follows is a dead imp, if its not a bunch of players jumping, which happens alot.

Go4Green, valor 60 (60% BM Fitted)

Aww... I like my green beam! It's not that you will be forever casting it to show where you are and who you are targeting anyway. Besides every class in game has their "free-heal" a targeting marker by themselves. You know, Healing Trance of Sages, Diagnostic Scan of Scoundrels.

At least our green beam allow us to be mobile while casting it unlike the other two where the caster is rooted for 3 secs to channel.

My main concern with HS beam is not that people will recognise that im a medic, since most pre-mades will know how to identify a healer, but its because i do not want to reveal my position.

Im hiding behind a pillar, or stationed on higher ground, a very well concealed area, 1 HS and everyone knows where to home in next. Hiding keeps us alive, not class ambiguity. HS beam kills both advantages.

What I would like too see done is for them to make more unique attack animations for commando weapons. So if your using a multi barral weapon it actually fires bolts from all the barrels, and if your using one of the single cannon types it fires a constant beam instead of bolts for the duration of the ability. So this way we can choice our poison and enemies wouldn't be able to immediately tell between a attack beam and a heal beam(or bolts). Edited by Destoroyah

• 1 month later...

Stop joking, imperial healers have a great advantage since their heal are a lot less flashy than ours. That's not a complaint about a class dying often (with the class of the opposite faction doing all the same), but something specific to the republic side.

Visual effects from imperial healers are a lot more discret and that is of course unfair. Now I don't think this was the good place to post this topic, the suggestion box would have been better designed to get the devs attention.

While I don't play a Commando healer, I can definitely see where the OP is coming from. I think it should be just green bolts, like in Mercenary's case. The green beam, while fairly awesome, isn't very subtle.

I honestly don't see how it matters. I have been pvping for well over 1,000 warzone matches and honestly even if you didn't have the green beam I could still tell you were a healer. So many visual clues that even if you fired invisible rounds you would be spotted. All Commandos and Mercenaries that are healer specced have the healer buff active. All heals have similiar icons on your cast bar when you use casted heals. Both Mercs and Commandos have a kolto missle which is a giant "There is a healer some where. Check the enemy buffs to see who it is and mark them" sign.

Really the merc version with green bolts flying to ally players is just as obvious. The only class that can shoot their own team mates are Mercs and Commandos. So it wouldn't matter what color or if the visual effect was the same as a merc. It would be obvious.

PLEASE remove the

:wea_05:█████NEON█GREEN█LASER█BEAM█OF█DEATH█"KILL-ME-NOW"█BECAUSE█I'M█A█HEALER█SIGN█████

from Hammer Shot.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in PvP (as a healer that has played almost every MMO game on the market). As if healers don't already have enough trouble keeping a low profile, HS simply makes you stick out like a sore thumb! Now in 1.2 we will HAVE to use our Hammer Shot a LOT more often and thus become immediate targets.

WHY on earth would the devs do something like this to a PvP healer in the first place? This is incredibly BAD design.

In PvE, who cares? Mobs don't zero in on you because you have a flashy laser beam heal... but in PvP ANYONE with half a brain is going to charge you the second they see that thing go zipping across their screen.

Fortunately, so far, we have been able to avoid using it in PvP for the most part. However, this will not be the case moving forward with 1.2. Tell BW to remove this crippling VISUAL effect from HAMMER SHOT in PvP today!

That visual effect is the whole reason im healing. It's ez to avoid death, and hell I can heal thru 3 or 4 people on me pretty well. And every healing class has a come kill me button or ability, channeled heals, aoe heals, the buffs and de buffs, umm oh ya the big vast bar that says " casing healing probe/deliverance/underworld medicine" etc etc. healers get focus fire, live with it or dps.

the hammer shot laser is a bit awesome in my opinion I love using it. Also every healer is easy to spot. Sage cast aoe salvo so I spot that easily and there channel, also healing trance or the overtime channel is easy to spot its a bit like our hammer shot but it last longer. Scounds/ops is easy due to there scan same as our hammer shot its noticable

Signed! It's pretty stupid to have a heal that will pinpoint your location even when you are behind an obstacle that breaks LoS with some of the enemies. Yeah, yeah it's great looking but if you encounter a pre-made that knows the ropes it will get you killed very very fast. I too can sometime heal through 2-3 people that don't have a clue but when 2 competent DPSer get on me (mare, pyro come in mind) then be ready to die fast w/o proper support. Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with that but I like to be able to keep a low profile by using pillars, crates or other terrain features to hide behind. "The green beam of kill me now" is robbing me of that opportunity. When my team is heavy on healers I just stay in plain sight and take a beating but since that's not always the case the option to not self tag and reveal myself by healing would be nice.

Edited: It's only when you'll encounter good players a change to that animation will show its worth. Getting behind a pillar in Voidstar and having 15 more seconds of free casting before the enemy DPS notices you may turn the tide of the battle.

Edited by LenrocNewDawn