PvP servers: pointless?

Hesychasm

I am level 25 and I have NEVER seen an enemy player outside of a warzone. I know they separate the areas for leveling, but what's the point then? I don't even know how to go find the enemy's area. I know I don't want to be ganked all day when I am leveling, but it IS supposed to be a PvP server.

I posted the same thing, I rolled on a PvP server for the open world PvP, but sadly it does not exist... They called Ilum open world PvP, but setting up a zone is not Open World, its just a larger warzone, but even that is all but dead now on most servers.... Its a very very sad state of events... :(

I am level 25 and I have NEVER seen an enemy player outside of a warzone. I know they separate the areas for leveling, but what's the point then? I don't even know how to go find the enemy's area. I know I don't want to be ganked all day when I am leveling, but it IS supposed to be a PvP server.

Tatooine, Hoth, Belsavis.. Quesh.. Voss.. A lot of other faction players were..

I rolled on a PVP server for what else? PVP!

Sadly, I didn't see my first opposing faction player while out in the world questing until level 36 on my SECOND toon.

I think they could do a way better job of putting all of the non-class quest objectives in the same general area so it would be far more likely to encounter one of the 5-10 people actually playing on your current planet.

Merging the servers, moving quest objectives closer together, reducing XP received while leveling, and shrinking the planets would be a good start... But hey: Hindsight is 20/20.

You won't see any enemies until you arrive at Tatooine. The previous planets are all limited to one faction or the other. The exception is Nar Shaddaa -- although the main place you will see enemies is a "sanctuary" zone (and the "bonus series" area you won't be going to until you are 30).

On Tatooine, there is opportunity to meet enemies and fight them, although the main questing areas are separate (you cannot go to the enemy spaceport area at all). The bonus series area (that you complete after your class quest is done on the planet) is shared and you should run into enemies that are also questing.

On later planets, the two factions get closer and closer together -- by your mid-30s, you should be running into them regularly.

If you are having trouble finding enemies on later planets, look for roads that lead off your map but where you are not being sent by quests. There are usually at least one or two roads that connect the Republic and Imperial areas on each shared planet.

Tatooine, Hoth, Belsavis.. Quesh.. Voss.. A lot of other faction players were..

While leveling my Operative, I saw no one on Tatooine, Belsavis, Quesh or Voss - I saw 1 person in Hoth during my 3 days questing there, but had to venture into an enemy base to kill him. Just one.

On later planets, the two factions get closer and closer together -- by your mid-30s, you should be running into them regularly.

I wish this were true... However in my experience leveling multiple characters - it isn't. This coming from the 6th most populated PVP US server.

We at the Star Wars The Carebear Community aka( SWTCBC ) want to ensure, a very VERY safe environment for our PvP, and PvE players who roll on PvP servers, by completely separating both factions and instancing half of the game to ensure no PvP takes place all the way up to lvl 50.

We care about our monthly subscribers and don't want to lose their generous donations!, Very soon we will remove Illum completely too! not that any PvP is going on anymore in there, just to ensure 100% of our PVE fan based player don't QQ or quit the game, especially the ones who roll on PvP servers and QQ about getting ganked twice or that they can't 1 on 1.

So please bare with us as we continue to edit and delete the PvP environment and create an environment that is future friendly to both Sith and Jedi.

As we predict in the future patches, both factions don't need to directly fight each other anymore in this MMO hence there is work underway to create a Mini game within this game so that people on PvP servers can indirectly fight each other through this wonderful and mystical unicorn and pony blessed PvP system.

We also have plans of turning SWTCBC completely into a Instanced zone which can be purchased by your friendly spaceship vendor for the right amount of credits and enough legacy points! you won't ever have to worry about venturing into dangerous lands anymore or having any chances of running into wild beast or possibly a SITH! player!.

Edited by Pregnancy

pointless pvp wise but i have to say on RP-PVE the number of arrogant people that say LTP is close to zero and PVP warzone is very active due to the lack of "online non stop- premade"

so actually mission accomplished PVP server is were all the wannabe-PRO and red=dead mentality goes and leave the rest of the servers a better place to play

of course not someone will come and say on his PVP server they are all honorable player but A) is not true B) exception over the rule

no matter how u turn it it's true the attitude of people that think they are PRO-PVP is not the most "easy going"

pointless pvp wise but i have to say on RP-PVE the number of arrogant people that say LTP is close to zero and PVP warzone is very active due to the lack of "online non stop- premade"

so actually mission accomplished PVP server is were all the wannabe-PRO and red=dead mentality goes and leave the rest of the servers a better place to play

of course not someone will come and say on his PVP server they are all honorable player but A) is not true B) exception over the rule

no matter how u turn it it's true the attitude of people that think they are PRO-PVP is not the most "easy going"

I very much enjoy PVP, and will actively engage at pretty much any opportunity... But due to current state of servers and populations... You're probably right.

I very much enjoy PVP, and will actively engage at pretty much any opportunity... But due to current state of servers and populations... You're probably right.

I love pvp that doesnt mean I like PVP server I go in PVE server always flagged because i respect other player and if they dont feel like to PVP it's all right for me or if I kill them 2 times and they prefear to do other stuff they put they flag off and is all right no insult no LPT scream no "LOL you sux" EVER!

as i said I love pvp but i love the respect for other people fun more

nothing stop you and all ur friend to be always flagged in a pve server as i am ALWAYS flagged

that the most healty way to do pvp.... PVP with people that WANT to pvp

you can tell me that everybody that join a PVP server should "want" to do pvp all the time and I do agree with you unfortunately I played many MMO in PVP server and i only figure out that behind PVP server there is always a lame comunity.

differently for many player that never learn ever.. I try to learn from my mistake I do it once i do it twice then I get it and try to fix the problem in my case was rude people on PVP servers.

So you will always see me in RP-PVE server because i do love to RP but with my flag always ALWAYS on because i love PVP

Edited by Pekish

yes when u flag urself other player see you or yellow or red

yellow in case they are not flagged themselves so they can hit you and they get flagged at that point u are both RED

or if he is already flagged he see you RED (like normal in a PVP server)

the flag buttom is in ur avatare there is a button on the lower left

and to exit flag it takes 5 minuts AFTER u click the button IF you dont attack anybody

that's the ONLY way it should be and NOT PVP server PVE server it's just plain stupid

do you like PVP GO AROUND FLAGGED ALL THE TIME... if u like only PVE keep ur flag OFF but it's fun to play together! no matter what

some people say that they feel "out of lore" or "weird" seeing an enemy and not beeing able to attack him it's a understandable RP problem but then you look at these people and they NEVER EVER EVER RP it's just a *********** excuse they dont give a rat... they just want to attack people even if they are not in the mood

true is they care only about their fun and are not capable to respect other players

honestly i wouldnt make a place in sociaty for people like that but that's just me I am very racist with selfish people, if u cannot deal that other people have fun in a different way and cannot live together in the same server well i see it's a bigger problem then just PVP or PVE servers.

Edited by Pekish

Unfortunately this is what we have. This aspect of the game made me very disappointed when I initially starting playing in Beta. I had hoped they would get over themselves and allow opposing faction to interact and speak. They went so far out of their way to seperate everyone they don't realize how much it hurts.

/Miss galaxies. Opposing and Neutral Faction interaction , Any race any faction, faction swap (if you like that sorta thing). AC Respec. All Planetary Systems 100% Shared.

Leveling from pre-launch there were people everywhere from Tat on. Voss was Completely contested Dec 19-25 , after that not so much.

P.S. On Highest populated server since pre-launch.

Edited by prodigyqnz

Unfortunately this is what we have. This aspect of the game made me very disappointed when I initially starting playing in Beta. I had hoped they would get over themselves and allow opposing faction to interact and speak. They went so far out of their way to seperate everyone they don't realize how much it hurts.

/Miss galaxies. Opposing and Neutral Faction interaction , Any race any faction, faction swap (if you like that sorta thing). AC Respec. All Planetary Systems 100% Shared.

Leveling from pre-launch there were people everywhere from Tat on. Voss was Completely contested Dec 19-25 , after that not so much.

P.S. On Highest populated server since pre-launch.

I didn't see your PS until now - was also going to point out that you're on The Fatman - largest PVP server in the US by a very LARGE margin...

I've found plenty of people to attack while camping the Tatooine balloon datacron location area.

what a nice crowed that's what i mean... how can you want to play a server like that

i am all about PVP and fighting but camping an area just to get some PVP (and I am 100% sure harassing them over and over since it's not like u get 10 new person every 10 minuts)

it's really what make me lose hope in MMORPG players are the real VIRUS/BUG they ruin everything they touch with the excuse that they pay 15$ a month like 15$ is a good reason to ruin something

what a nice crowed that's what i mean... how can you want to play a server like that

i am all about PVP and fighting but camping an area just to get some PVP (and I am 100% sure harassing them over and over since it's not like u get 10 new person every 10 minuts)

it's really what make me lose hope in MMORPG players are the real VIRUS/BUG they ruin everything they touch with the excuse that they pay 15$ a month like 15$ is a good reason to ruin something

Sorry but what don't you understand in PVP server ?

I like playing on a PVP server (Fatman) because of the thrill of knowing that you can get attacked at any moment. Don't like it, don't roll there. Simple. But don't attack players who like it.

yes PVP = rude people

i understood it recently

I would love to play on PVP if people wouldnt be so immature to camp and kill over and over the same person because is rude PVP or PVE server rude is rude

that's why I do play on PVE server with my flag always on because even when i meet people and we do PVP we don't act as immature monkey.

I know PVP means IMMATURITY/RUDNESS/LOL SUX/LTP

i just dont get how this can be all right

it's like to say from now on australia people can steal it's the law that doesnt make me say oh all right then Stealing in australia is fine

You know there are morales that are not sanctioned by laws not even laws of the server u are on if something is stupid but permitted it stay stupid

We at the Star Wars The Carebear Community aka( SWTCBC ) want to ensure, a very VERY safe environment for our PvP, and PvE players who roll on PvP servers, by completely separating both factions and instancing half of the game to ensure no PvP takes place all the way up to lvl 50.

We care about our monthly subscribers and don't want to lose their generous donations!, Very soon we will remove Illum completely too! not that any PvP is going on anymore in there, just to ensure 100% of our PVE fan based player don't QQ or quit the game, especially the ones who roll on PvP servers and QQ about getting ganked twice or that they can't 1 on 1.

So please bare with us as we continue to edit and delete the PvP environment and create an environment that is future friendly to both Sith and Jedi.

As we predict in the future patches, both factions don't need to directly fight each other anymore in this MMO hence there is work underway to create a Mini game within this game so that people on PvP servers can indirectly fight each other through this wonderful and mystical unicorn and pony blessed PvP system.

We also have plans of turning SWTCBC completely into a Instanced zone which can be purchased by your friendly spaceship vendor for the right amount of credits and enough legacy points! you won't ever have to worry about venturing into dangerous lands anymore or having any chances of running into wild beast or possibly a SITH! player!.

A bit over the top..no?

Really though, the only complaint I have ever really seen levied by the PvE players against the PvP players is about the PvP QQing and how changes made to "balance" PvP more often than not carries over to adversely affect PvE also. Which is to me a rather legitimate gripe. But this premise that you are soliciting that PvE players are rolling on PvP servers and complaining about getting ganked is something that I can not even recall seeing one instance of here. Maybe I just missed those threads or comments but I do peruse the forums pretty regularly and just can not recall one instance of that.