Stop rolling on Fatman and roll on Swiftsure instead.

Icysunx

Hm, competitive PvP with players who are on the West Coast, or PvP with players lagging their *** off from 9000-12000 miles away. Hm. Hmm. Hmmm. Let me think about that. I don't know about you, but I play on a PvP server so that I can actually PvP. Quality > Quantity

I play on a PvP server too, and like most of the time THERE IS NO ONE TO PVP AGAINST. Some PvP > No PvP, which is why people are rolling there.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play on a PvP server too, and like most of the time THERE IS NO ONE TO PVP AGAINST. Some PvP > No PvP, which is why people are rolling there.

What server do you play on? Because The Maw has plenty of West Coast (US) PvP'ers.

Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

What server do you play on? Because The Maw has plenty of West Coast (US) PvP'ers.

Anchorhead, but that is not the point. Most of the re-rolls are going to Fatman because its the one server they know will have a heavy stable pop. Many people have already rerolled once or twice already, only to find those servers dry up too.

Hm, competitive PvP with players who are on the West Coast, or PvP with players lagging their *** off from 9000-12000 miles away. Hm. Hmm. Hmmm. Let me think about that. I don't know about you, but I play on a PvP server so that I can actually PvP. Quality > Quantity

You are trying to make it sound worse than it really is.

Anchorhead, but that is not the point. Most of the re-rolls are going to Fatman because its the one server they know will have a heavy stable pop. Many people have already rerolled once or twice already, only to find those servers dry up too.

BS. The pops will continue to fluctuate. A month ago it was The Swiftsure, now it's The Fatman. What are you going to do when that pop begins to dwindle? Because it will eventually. Roll another server and grind another 50? How much *********** time do you have to flush down the toilet? Are so many players that impatient?

BS. The pops will continue to fluctuate. A month ago it was The Swiftsure, now it's The Fatman. What are you going to do when the pop begins to dwindle? Roll another server and grind another 50? How much *********** time do you have to flush down the toilet? Are so many players that impatient?

Are you serious? Fatman has been THE server for a heavy pop since release.

Are you serious? Fatman has been THE server for a heavy pop since release.

No it has not. I have been playing this game since beta. Dark Reaper was THE West Coast PvP server at launch. Then is it was The Swiftsure. Now, The Fatman. You don't see the trend of players abandoning days of grinding their characters, just so they can be on the "popular" server? Because that's what's happening. Eventually, The Fatman's pop will be no better than any other server. What are you going to do then?

No it has not. I have been playing this game since beta. Dark Reaper was THE West Coast PvP server at launch. Then is it was The Swiftsure. Now, The Fatman. You don't see the trend of players abandoning days of grinding their characters, just so they can be on the "popular" server? Because that's what's happening. Eventually, The Fatman's pop will be no better than any other server. What are you going to do then?

K, I disagree with you about what server had what server status, but whatever.

No, I haven't personally rerolled. I might, or I might not and quit.

But acting surprised and indignant that people who just want to play the game with other people are flocking to what is now the heaviest populated server (and looks like it will be for some time to come) is ridiculous.

Don't worry, a month or so from now people will go "Well MAYBE you should have rolled on *Insert Server Of The Month here* instead."

K, I disagree with you about what server had what server status, but whatever.

No, I haven't personally rerolled. I might, or I might not and quit.

But acting surprised and indignant that people who just want to play the game with other people are flocking to what is now the heaviest populated server (and looks like it will be for some time to come) is ridiculous.

Hey, disagree all you want. I've watched these servers since they went live.

I'm not surprised that people want to play the game with other people. I'm confused how so many think population is going to help their PvP experience, with a third of them being halfway across the world.

Hey, disagree all you want. I've watched these servers since they went live.

I'm not surprised that people want to play the game with other people. I'm confused how so many think population is going to help their PvP experience, with a third of them being halfway across the world.

Because you aren't understanding why people are moving. They want to PvP/PvE/Have a decent GTN and they can't on their current servers. They need to wait for mergers/transfers or reroll, but due to Biowares ambiguous server designation there is no way to tell what servers have a decent population. So instead of risking leveling up another character on another dead server, people are automatically going to the only one that has a que nearly 24/7.

If they can't PvP on their server because the ques never pop, do you think that playing people with worse ping is really going to bother them?

Edited by Frostvein

Because you aren't understanding why people are moving. They want to PvP/PvE/Have a decent GTN and they can't on their current servers. They need to wait for mergers/transfers or reroll, but due to Biowares ambiguous server designation there is no way to tell what servers have a decent population. So instead of risking leveling up another character on another dead server, people are automatically going to the only one that has a que nearly 24/7.

If they can't PvP on their server because the ques never pop, do you think that playing people with worse ping is really going to bother them?

Things change, Frost. No WZ queues at 6 in the morning? Take a walk, read a book, interact with real live people in your community. Eat breakfast. How much of your life and time are you willing to give up over little OCDs. When's it going to be enough.

Things change, Frost. No WZ queues at 6 in the morning? Take a walk, read a book, interact with real live people in your community. How much of your life are you willing to give up over little OCDs.

No. Youre not better than them. Dont assume they haveno life and you are superior.

They want to play the game, they pay to play. Simple.

Things change, Frost. No WZ queues at 6 in the morning? Take a walk, read a book, interact with real live people in your community. How much of your life are you willing to give up over little OCDs.

Some servers are so bad people can't PvP during prime-time, let alone during the day and god forbid "6 in the morning"

Are you suggesting that people should just give up on the game because their population is so low? Cause really, that is what has happened. Repeatedly.

The players only have themselves to blame for asking for more servers, getting it, and diluting the population.

Initially, there weren't this many servers. Because some players were too impatient and didn't like queues, they demanded for new servers. Bioware did give them new servers, and we get this mess.

The players who asked for the queues are more to blame.

Agreed early access and day 1 everyone cried so hard about the hour long queue's. Biowares fault for adding to many servers though, they added 80 servers total on day 1 or 2. Then a week and a half later they doubled the maximum server population on all servers making no need for the extra servers. Bioware didnt handle the players complaints properly , they should have said "look we could add more servers now and dilute the population, but i think everyone would agree it would be alot better if we all just wait a week until we can implement a higher max population on the servers"

Both servers have very high population and a robust raid and pvp scene, except Fatman has a que and the Swiftsure is heavy to very heavy at night. Instead of waiting in a que, why not balance the two server populations so everyone can get to play sooner.

what does it matter? 200+ on and still can't find a tank or healer for certain fp's instead they just sit and read chat all night long.