The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rainbow coloured colour crystals

BlameTheInnocent

Hipster lightsabers needing to be different to be cool, if it's ordinary it's lame.

After every Sith Jugg has it as a color, you will be in general complaining about how you used it when everyone else didn't.

Actually, it would be amazing. You may think this is for girly girls but if this was released, I bet loads, if not you would have it equipped. Violet by far looks the best after using it for 20 levels (Basically 100 hours), it starts to get boring. Rainbow colours would keep everyone happy and it would be funny to look at XD

Actually, it would be amazing. You may think this is for girly girls but if this was released, I bet loads, if not you would have it equipped. Violet by far looks the best after using it for 20 levels (Basically 100 hours), it starts to get boring. Rainbow colours would keep everyone happy and it would be funny to look at XD
Ultimately it doesn't matter. With no basis in the lore and the sheer ridiculousness of the visual, it will never happen.

Hipster lightsabers needing to be different to be cool, if it's ordinary it's lame.

After every Sith Jugg has it as a color, you will be in general complaining about how you used it when everyone else didn't.

I highly doubt everyone would want to run around with it. there's already enough people who are actually against the purple and the magenta crystals, do you honestly think the majority would run around with rainbow colour? (however it would be implemented)

People are seriously complaining about lightsaber colours. People who would want this lightsaber can use it and the haters can just hate :p
That's an extremely childish argument, and only serves to invalidate your opinion. This is an MMORPG, with a stated emphasis on RPG. As such the game tends to hold true to RPG principles while maintaining a basis in the lore of the setting.

Additionally, you play this game with other people. What one person does effects all around that person, hence the warning on ESRB ratings for online games. If you use a rainbow-patterned lightsaber ("rainbow" is neither a color, nor a colour), the intrusion of that inconstancy would be forced upon the setting and experienced by everyone around you.

That's an extremely childish argument, and only serves to invalidate your opinion. This is an MMORPG, with a stated emphasis on RPG. As such the game tends to hold true to RPG principles while maintaining a basis in the lore of the setting.

Additionally, you play this game with other people. What one person does effects all around that person, hence the warning on ESRB ratings for online games. If you use a rainbow-patterned lightsaber ("rainbow" is neither a color, nor a colour), the intrusion of that inconstancy would be forced upon the setting and experienced by everyone around you.

yeah, if we go by that... a lot of people on my server would not be playing. so much for 'childish argument'.

Not to mention, you'd look utterly ridiculous waving a rainbow lightsaber.

Look like you just bought a jumbo size Popsicle.

Playing devil's advocate here, but if you think there's no precedent in the lore, enter Gantoris:

Gantoris's lightsaber is described in Dark Apprentice to be purple-white with rainbow colors running along its length.

Mind you, it was later described as being solely purple in later writings, but yeah, there you have it. Rainbow lightsabers in EU canon.

Not that I'd ever advocate actually implementing them into the game. Viridian crystals? Yes please.

Edited by GrimAce

Mind you, it was later described as being solely purple in later writings, but yeah, there you have it. Rainbow lightsabers in EU canon.
That's because the effect was actually redacted from cannon. When asked about the discrepancy, later authors had been told not to include the effect as it was a mistake.

That's because the effect was actually redacted from cannon. When asked about the discrepancy, later authors had been told not to include the effect as it was a mistake.

Cannon go BOOM!

Anyway, it's funny how the whole writing process of the Star Wars EU goes. Hire a writer, give them a few dot points as an outline of the general plot, then retcon everything you don't like after it's been published. Personally I liked that approach to lightsaber colours (though I was less then happy with the rainbowsaber result), but that's just my opinion.

Big bad looking Sith walks out of the shadows...

"HEY boys and girls!" /rips shirt off

"Are you ready to PARTY!" /dual rainbow coloured lightsabers extend

/queue techno music

Edited by illgot