What's your favourite Warzone- Pinball, AoEstar or Tower Defense?

ToMyMa

Pinball. After years of playing WoW, I'm delighted to see such an original and well made map.

It rewards team play and some classes are better at it than other, but it's still a lot of fun. And there's something about node capping in swtor that seems a little odd (dot = no capping? maps too small?)

Edited by lpsmash

What maps you like is largely dependent on what class you are, due to various mechanical imbalances/problems.

High Utility Classes like Consular/Inquisitor love Huttball.

Low Utility Classes like IA/Smugglers typically hate Huttball, and favor Civil War/Voidstar

(Ever tried healing someone on an op when they're running? Can't be done)

What maps you like is largely dependent on what class you are, due to various mechanical imbalances/problems.

High Utility Classes like Consular/Inquisitor love Huttball.

Low Utility Classes like IA/Smugglers typically hate Huttball, and favor Civil War/Voidstar

(Ever tried healing someone on an op when they're running? Can't be done)

Mostly true, though Op healers don't mind Huttball so much if we get a premade. We're actually one of the best healers while running, considering KP, SP and RN are all instant cast. It's Concealment Ops where Huttball is a problem.

Hutt ball is really the only warzone I can stand (sniper main, I know, I'm supposed to hate it or something). Entering either of the others simply gives me flashbacks of 'that-which-shall-not-be-named'. The same with the daily hubs in this game. For all the different we were promised we sure got a whole lot of the same. Everytime I subject myself to VS, CW, or daily grinding I simply feel like I never swapped games.

It simply doesn't make for an immersive STAR WARS experience when I feel the urge to look for demolishers the moment the voidstar barrier drops.

Edited by Celebrus

Bnol@: I called it Tower Defense because enemies keep coming when you try to cap one of the side turrets, and it looks like TD when a Sniper or Gunslinger sirs on one of the turrets.

Ah, that makes sense, the never ending stream of enemies. I just actually like tower defense games.

Edited by Bnol

1. Civil War

2. Huttball

3. Voidstar

oooo controversy!!

i really like civil, if my team communicates and plays its cards right, calls when needed etc.. we do very well. i enjoy it.

i enjoy huttball, as its almost always down to skill/tactics, the winning team are always better at sorting their team out.

not as into voidstar now though, bit of a let down sometimes. if you time it wrong you can end up in the respawn area while the enemy plants all the bombs. plus smacking a guy once if hes doing the door can result in lengthy stand-offs.

i usually just farm on voidstar tbh.

1. Voidstar - lots of action.

2. Huttball - favors certain classes, see it too often.

3. Civil Bore - going with this name because that's what it is for the guy guarding the turret where nothing happens for long periods of time. Punishes the team player. Admittedly, can happen with door guarding on voidstar as well, but not as likely.

Heres my list:

Voidstar

Huttball

Alderaan

My list from WoW would probably be:

Warsong

Twin Peaks

Arathi Basin

Alterac Valley

Battle for Gilneas

Strands of the Ancients

Isle of Conquest

Mixing the lists would be:

Warsong

Twin Peaks

Voidstar

Arathi Basin

Huttball

Alterac Valley

Battle for Gilneas

Alderaan

Strands

Isle of Conquest

1. Huttball!!! As an op healer, I don't have any knockbacks or pulls, and I still love this WZ. Best ever.

100. Voidstar - It's a little too easy to defend on this map, imo. The res spawns are just a little bit too close to the doors for my taste.

100000000000. Civil War. I freaking hate it like nothing else. The map is just too small. It's still way too easy to defend, and I suspect that it will still be too easy to defend once they remove the side speeders entirely. The only fun thing about this is that sometimes there's a huge battle for mid, which is the only fun thing that can ever happen in this WZ.

Edited by belialle