The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So, 1.2 is going to totally trash my gear set up

Nydar

And I really don't have the comms to fix it right away. I have an entire suit of eliminator gear right down to the implants and ear pieces, its a mixed bag of centurioin and champion gear. Now with 1.2 coming my cp spec is bye bye so I was thinking about iron fist. I do have all the visible armor for centurion super commando. Until I get some champ/bm gear would a combination of eliminator (weapons implants, earpieces, relics) and super commando(visible armor) be viable for the ironfist spec?

Not that I have much of a choice, that is what I have right now, so I pretty much have to wear it either way.

Because i am a moron and somehow missed that in the patch!

The Recruit gear purchaseable with credits is like 30 to 40k credits per item. It's also a blue quality set that is of lower rating than Champion gear. Also no set bonuses (again, no mods since it's a blue set).

You will probably want to stick with the gear you have and try out PyroTech until you get the Combat Tech Battlemaster and/or War Hero sets.

Edited by Mapex

The Recruit gear purchaseable with credits is like 30 to 40k credits per item. It's also a blue quality set that is of lower rating than Champion gear. Also no set bonuses (again, no mods since it's a blue set).

You will probably want to stick with the gear you have and try out PyroTech until you get the Combat Tech Battlemaster and/or War Hero sets.

The recruit gear has a higher expertise rating than champion. It will essentially be equivalent for pvp and worse for pve

The recruit gear has a higher expertise rating than champion. It will essentially be equivalent for pvp and worse for pve

This is correct; I forgot to factor in that expertise rating is different on the PTS (I believe in addition to giving less PvP healing/point expertise will grant more damage+mitigation/point).

Still, there are no set bonuses so keep that in mind. 15% Rail Shot crit is a big deal for PyroTech.

Edited by Mapex

I still see the champion gear being superior to the new recruit gear. The recruit has roughly 250 more expertise, which translates to about 4% pvp bonus. The champion gear has roughly 250 more Aim and 250 more End PLUS the armor set bonus.

The reason you can no longer get Champion gear, is NOT because it is worthless in 1.2. It's actually because it is BETTER, since you can actually use that gear and run HM FPs and Ops, which you wont be able to do with recruit gear.

I still see the champion gear being superior to the new recruit gear. The recruit has roughly 250 more expertise, which translates to about 4% pvp bonus. The champion gear has roughly 250 more Aim and 250 more End PLUS the armor set bonus.

The reason you can no longer get Champion gear, is NOT because it is worthless in 1.2. It's actually because it is BETTER, since you can actually use that gear and run HM FPs and Ops, which you wont be able to do with recruit gear.

Almost all the game ratings are changed on the PTS, expertise included: the extra expertise will grant more than a 4% bonus.

But yes they are phasing out Champ/Centurion gear because the Expertise on it is low relative to the primary stats meaning it replaces PvE gear in many situations. Also they wish to lower the barrier to entry for new level 50s who have to currently endure getting stomped for a week because they don't have any commendations to buy enough expertise to combat their enemies.

I have mixed feelings about the changes. The only time i ever do pve at the moment is when my guild needs me for something, but i have pretty much suspended my 50 for the moment. He's full centurion plus a champ main and offhand. Frankly, I would rather wait for the recruit gear than grind for some champ gear.

Does anyone have some info on what the recruit gear actually looks like? Does it look the same as the champ set?