The only gap closer idea thats really fair, imo.

Agrian

Hidden Strike now has a CD of 25 seconds.

Hidden Strike no longer requires stealth and teleports you behind the target as it does its damage.

you now have to choose between burst damage on your opener or saving it for a potential kite. Choices in gameplay, zomg!

This also bumps up PvE dps a bit. win/win.

And the Rakata teleporters on Belsavis! If we pretend they aren't there, they don't exist!

But, on topic, I'm pretty satisfied with how Ops are at the moment (pre 1.2). We don't fly around the screen like other classes, but we have stealth which is pretty sweet.

I would think a teleporting hidden strike would create even more calls for nerfs.

Hidden Strike no longer requires stealth and teleports you behind the target as it does its damage.

you now have to choose between burst damage on your opener or saving it for a potential kite. Choices in gameplay, zomg!

Or I could just play an assassin and have a sweet gap closer that has other uses (force speed), a better immunity cooldown (tech/force vs. white damage in case you were wondering), and either excellent utility/survivability while still doing decent damage (darkness) or roughly equal burst (deception).

Or I could just play an assassin and have a sweet gap closer that has other uses (force speed), a better immunity cooldown (tech/force vs. white damage in case you were wondering), and either excellent utility/survivability while still doing decent damage (darkness) or roughly equal burst (deception).

to be fair, their gap closer does not have z-axis mobility. any kind of blink to target ability would.

IMO it would makes people cry even more, the guy teleport and smash you every 25sec

i fail to see how. they are still only getting HS'd once or so per fight, same as it is now. except with an attached gap closer it could come AFTER the knockback, dash, etc. for any kind of pvp engagement.

I'd rather use sleep dart as my opener than this.

to be fair, their gap closer does not have z-axis mobility. any kind of blink to target ability would.

Well in my case I'd just force them to come to me, but you're right. On top of that I'd also have a knockback for those tricky ledges in huttball. It seems like agents need a good once over by bioware is what I'm saying because concealment and lethality desperately need to be fixed. I think medicine is salvageable.

To be fair their gap closer can also be used as an escape. This idea would need a target to be used.

I actually like this idea, altho 25 seconds? Really? How will that help anything all you will do is get knocked off the ledge and you are stuck for .... 25 seconds , I do agree a teleport would be awesome though hell this game is based on (not timeline wise) but future tech, why the hell wouldn't you have teleports.

Teleports do not belong in Star Wars, period.

As I said above.

To be fair their gap closer can also be used as an escape. This idea would need a target to be used.

So what, leap is also to a target and to a friend with tanks.... why not with us to, we have one of the ****test survivability rates of all classes.

Grapple hook out of our little arm thing we shoot darts out of would work.

Not sure how to work it for smugglers. Shoot a grapple hook out of their scattergun maybe.

Edited by Marak

The only problem we have is requiring targets after getting cc'd. We don't need a shadow step. Something like a time dilation/adrenaline rush where we can charge our targets while out of stealth. Or something like a grappling hook ground target ability that places us at our targeted location.

I would also like to see Sneak increase our run speed for X% so we can catch up to moving targets while in stealth.

Edited by Vinak

It is too bad that bioware didn't just use more of a WoW rogue combo point system for operative. I know it would be obvious copying but who cares, really? Bioware... you can still do it.. change TA to a tactical points system (stacking to five).

At any rate this is my idea for a in-combat gap closer:

30 sec cooldown, 10 energy -- consumes a point of TA to boost speed by 70% for 6 seconds (or 100% for 4 seconds, 150% for 2 seconds, whatever!). Also increases damage of next melee skill by 10% for 6 seconds.

I would the waylay skill in the Concealment tree reduce the cooldown of this skill by 7.5/15 sec

I would combine this skill with a buff to Corrosive Dart, Corrosive Grenade, and Acid Blade in that any mob that dies while under the effect of an operative DoT grants a TA point.