Where are the developers?!?!?

BillEverson

Alright guys. Think about it logically please. It's early release. We are SUPPOSED to expect this. When Warhammer launched they just rolled servers out like crazy and didnt make us spread out. The result? Still a lot of Q's and then we all get to consolidate servers soon! YAY!...wait....not yay?

Yes, the Q's are annoying and insane. But it is a Friday night....most of the nerds are sitting at home trying to play too. That being said......since I figured this would happen on a Friday night I figured hey, ill go outside. I decided to come log on for some lulz for 15 minutes.

Your concerns are justified. I would like some obviously stated answers too. But they are probably busy fixing things. If they kept replying to all our messages we'd be complaining that they arent working on the problem they are just talking.....point is....No matter what they did, they get a bunch of angry people on the forums.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW, no more than 10 min ques to get in. Only problems I had was loot lag in barrens but that cleared up within a week or two after a few maintences.
You mean the WoW where servers were crashing every day for several hours? The same WoW who gave free time every month (typically a couple days) because of how much down time there was? That continued on for the first 3+ months.

SWG, no que at all. Only problems I had was a few rollbacks and missing harvesters: still could play anytime I wanted.
You do know that a queue is not the only thing that determines how good or bad a launch is, correct?

EQ didn't start day one so can't say. Never encountered que when I did play for bit.
Above.

AO, didn't bother.
Consider yourself lucky. By far, the most notorious launch day.

I can start listin the dozens of other MMOs I launched with, but I won't none them really had issues and certainly did not make the users wait 2 hours to get in.
Your problem is you think the sole reason for a bad launch is a queue. Sorry, but there are other factors to look at.

But I get it, you don't have a que....YET. Wait till pissed off people re-roll on yours and you get to wait too.
I'm sitting in a 1 hour queue, nice try. Edited by Bdatik

We payed money. Fix it all now. Turn off SQA, use all that money we've spent investing in your game to increase your hardware and raise server Pops.

You haven't paid more then 5 dollars for your pre-order. It's also early access and not launch give them time.

I mentiond this in several other threads...ill tell you what I have been told to the legit complaint several times

You think they dont know about it? Why should they tell you they know about it or are going to do something about it?

Yeah, the person that said that to me isnt very bright.

Bioware needs to get on the ball and start talking to the community more fast before they lose even more people to a problem that is both common and avoidable.

JUST TALK TO US...

They talk when they have something relevant to say and if you use Twitter or Google + you would find out that they talk quite a bit.

Also part of their corporate philosophy is "let them leave" Bioware knows that this game is desired by enough people that it will be profitable...they seriously are not going after WoW's crown... they will make a mint on TOR and another Mint on ME3...so threats of do this or I'll quit doesn't work. They know folks will leave or stay...and a mouthpiece on the forums won't change that.....if you ask someone like oh say Ghostcrawler he will probably tell you all that dose is make things worse.

Just consider me the cold pimp slap of reality.

Alright guys. Think about it logically please. It's early release. We are SUPPOSED to expect this. When Warhammer launched they just rolled servers out like crazy and didnt make us spread out. The result? Still a lot of Q's and then we all get to consolidate servers soon! YAY!...wait....not yay?

Yes, the Q's are annoying and insane. But it is a Friday night....most of the nerds are sitting at home trying to play too. That being said......since I figured this would happen on a Friday night I figured hey, ill go outside. I decided to come log on for some lulz for 15 minutes.

Your concerns are justified. I would like some obviously stated answers too. But they are probably busy fixing things. If they kept replying to all our messages we'd be complaining that they arent working on the problem they are just talking.....point is....No matter what they did, they get a bunch of angry people on the forums.

"Its Friday night" - like this isn't a black out period for them. Of course they are fully staffed 24 hours a day during launch. Launch akes or breaks a MMO.

The developers dont reply - well, they rarely do. They have mods and forum reps for that. How hard is it for a developer to pick up the phone and answer those basic questions, so a forum rep can reply? Answer: it isn't.

Over 5 min que time when you are paying 15 dollars a month is completely unacceptable. "Early access" was promised to people who preordered. These people are going to be paying customers. This long of que wait times does not constitute as "Early Access". >.< They've got to fix it and fix it NOW!

You haven't paid more then 5 dollars for your pre-order. It's also early access and not launch give them time.

I paid for my CE in full.

That said, I actually know that a great deal of my money went to recoup the massive bill on this game.

I also know that there is no magic "fix it nao!" button available.

"Its Friday night" - like this isn't a black out period for them. Of course they are fully staffed 24 hours a day during launch. Launch akes or breaks a MMO.

The developers dont reply - well, they rarely do. They have mods and forum reps for that. How hard is it for a developer to pick up the phone and answer those basic questions, so a forum rep can reply? Answer: it isn't.

Well my original post regarding the complainers is more in reference to non logical people that will complain no matter what which most people are. None the less, the twitter tends to have a decent amount of information. The thing is, they more than likely have a plan. I really would type more but I injured my wrist and can only type generic crap and dont want to type out good reasons. Sooooo....good luck. Ill join you all in the Q tomorrow night. Ill just make sure to plan on it.

Over 5 min que time when you are paying 15 dollars a month is completely unacceptable. "Early access" was promised to people who preordered. These people are going to be paying customers. This long of que wait times does not constitute as "Early Access". >.< They've got to fix it and fix it NOW!

I hit level 14 on the 13th.

Early Access.

It's a distraction if the devs are, ya know, developing. Solving issues, and what not.

I know it was inevitable that there would be some ques, but the server I got randomly assigned during the guild thingy has one of the longest ques of them all.

Harbringer is currently at 2 hours ETA.

****, I went and took a bloody nap and I'm still in the que.

I would ask that the devs please do something about this.

Dear bioware, please up the population cap on your servers EVERY TIME there is a queue. Under no account wait and monitor those queues and see if players will act all by themselves to solve the issue. Instead raise the cap every time there is a surge of players, because that is obviously the only answer to a queue. I can foresee nothing at all bad coming from this since there will be no queues and thus everyone will take that as a nice clarion call to the server, and since server capacity is infinite (as is the rendering power of our machines) this will be a massively easy and definitely successful solution to everything.

Your mate

Ipps.

Edited by ippollite

Probably working their butts off and dreaming of the 4 hours of sleep they will be getting tonight before rocking up for another nightmare 18 hour day of trying to keep up with the issues the game currently faces?

That is where I think they are. Remember, you can't just click your fingers to bring a server online.

Why not if you have like 6 months notice>?

Yes, we all know about the queue times. That is not this post.

This is a critical, fundamental, top-priority issue. You have TENS OF THOUSANDS of customers who are trying to enjoy your product. Players are getting frustrated and leaving. players are getting frustrated and QUITTING. Players are canceling subscriptions, which cost BW money. I know three people in real life who are losing their guilds over people not being able to log into their randomly assigned servers.

And where are the developers? Where is the Dev Post about the issue? What is being done? What will be done?

Yes, this sucks for the players. Sure, some patience is probably warranted on our part. But after post and thread after thread after post about this issue, noone has spoken up.

I for one, want to know:

1) What is being done to fix the issue?

and 2) Why the >censored< hasn't it been done already?

Please, everyone, JUMP ON THIS BANDWAGON. Keep this thread towards the top, and MAYBE we can get a response, and at least know what to expect.

Please, Bioware, please, keep us in the loop.

Keep you in the loop? So they'll just get even more complaints when they offer the coveted answer you seek? Think logically: you're one person. Let's say they go along with you and say, this is what we're doing. You, being one person, would say, thank you Bioware. Dozens and dozens of others would flood the forums with complaints about it.

What should BW do, spend countless man hours answering every single question a disgruntled player has, or spend that time working on the solution?

Yeah it's a shame. I just went in the queue and went and did other stuff, and now am just alt tabbing to it every now and then. I thought "oh I shouldn't have selected that server" but most of them are full anyway.

I really hope something is done, because it will annoy me. In age of conan I never had to queue, but I got sick of it pretty quickly. I hated wow and played it for 20 minutes, and among a few others I tried, so far this is the one I like the most, and I love the Star Wars setting, finished both KOTOR 1 and 2.

I don't know why i'm typing all this, guess it's something to do while waiting.

Though I do wonder about the queues, I started at like 700 or something, and I do wonder why so many people leave, either they are disconnected or don't play as long as me.

I'm just adjusting to the more social parts of the game as I never really got into them in the other online games I played.

Anyway, see you guys ingame. Sometime...

you have 5 mins? i'd seriously damage for 5 mins, got 1.5 hours on one server, over 30 mins on another server. over 24 full servers, this is complete wacko nonsense