40k Credits in 9 - 11 minutes

AGSThomas

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he wasn't rude at all. There's no explanation needed. Crew skills make you money.

No explanation needed huh? NO detail that could be provided to make the statement more useful to the target audience OF PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE CREDITS, hmm?

:rolleyes:

It's just as mundane, as most who do dailies will agree.

I've done my dailies every day for the last 3 weeks and I'm pretty sure I could do those quests blindfolded at this point.

yeah, whatever sick SOB in the gaming industry thought up dailies should be drawn and quartered.

Such a fail excuse for content and time sink makes me so mad I can only stomach to do them every so often, and even then only because at some point I need thsoe damn rakata implants.

Seriously tho, what guy thought this up? We need something to keep players busy at high lvl, lets come up with something fun and interesting! Nah, lets just do repeatable quests that weren't realy all that interesting the first time but make 'em do them every day for tokens that they have to accumulate a bunch of to buy things they want!

BRILLIANT!

For those of us who don't have a lvl 50 toon, what should we do for credits (besides abusing our companions :))? Such as the leadup to 25, I am consistently in the 60-70k range but then feel like I shouldn't be dumping over half my savings on a single skill (I know this will change with 1.2 but I imagine it will still be a bit pricey). It is also around this time when skill training in general starts becoming more expensive slowing my accumulation of credits considerably.

Take slicing as a gathering skill and slice every node you see. Don't even bother using it as a mission skill.

When I leveled my toon I had Slicing, Scavenging, and Bioanalysis and I always kept my toon really well geared and always had a surplus of cash.

Here's what I would do to make money while leveling.

Figure out which crafting skill you want to use at 50. Then pick the gathering skill that goes with it, along with slicing, and whatever gathering skill is the most profitable (probably bioanalysis right now since a lot of 50s want to power level it, not sure post-1.2). Then once you get 3-4 companions, drop the third gathering skill and pick whichever mission skill goes with your desired crafting skill. I wanted to do armormech so i dropped bio for underworld trading. Find a leveling guide for your crafting skill that lists the amount of mats you'll need and save up those mats while leveling, and sell the rest. Once you get to 50 (or close to it) drop slicing and pick up your crafting skill. With all the mats saved up you should be able to power level your crafting skill from 1-400 within a few hours.

I did this while leveling and after level 30 I never had less than 300k in the bank while still keeping myself well-geared (blue, purple, and oranges with blue/purple mods), my main companion fairly well-geared (mostly level appropriate blues with some green thrown in), and buying my speeder training, etc. at level.

Edited by PurpleMagick

The flashpoint has 6 chests not including the 3 boss drops. The flashpoint allows you to mount up, so you can skip 95% of the trash. I've done it several times, it takes about 9 to 11 minutes....

When you do a 10-minute run, are you just grabbing chests and bosses?

I tried this out last night, and it took me 30 minutes (almost exactly) to clear everything. I just train-pulled to each boss and then played aoe whack-a-Repub for 10 minutes. The credits earned are definitely comparable to dailies but without a limit and no Legacy xp.

Edited by Thourton

You really only need to be 10 levels above the fp to be able to solo them easily. BP is 32+, so at 42 you can easily solo it. Early flashpoints can be done sooner than that 10 level rule (like BT can be soloed at 13-15 easily, use your interrupt on the jedi when she uses cyclone). BP is great mostly because there is the higher number of boss mobs and chests in it. A stealth class could quick run all the chests and ignore all else even quicker, if they wanted.

So, no matter the level you are, once you are 15+, you have fp's you can farm, if you are dedicated to doing so. Some are just better than others for it, obviously. I recall Athiss cash being pretty weak, and the end boss a pain, for example.

When you do a 10-minute run, are you just grabbing chests and bosses?

I tried this out last night, and it took me 30 minutes (almost exactly) to clear everything. I just train-pulled to each boss and then played aoe whack-a-Repub for 10 minutes. The credits earned are definitely comparable to dailies but without a limit and no Legacy xp.

You dont need to pull any trash. There are like 2 packs that are a necessity. Grab allt he chests and forget about the trash. Make sure you mount up, it turns a 30 min run into a 9 minute run.

So I dont know if this is well known or not, but it seems lots of people have problems coming up with cash, so try this, it cant be easier. At lvl 50, you can farm the Boarding Party. The flashpoint has 6 chests not including the 3 boss drops. The flashpoint allows you to mount up, so you can skip 95% of the trash. I've done it several times, it takes about 9 to 11 minutes and when you sell all the oranges greens and junk you come out with anywhere between 32 and 45 thousand credits.

Happy hunting!

As pointed out by Notebene this site gives a walkthrough of the run I eluded to above.

http://www.oldrepublic.net/351-credit-farming-traxex-guide-fast-easy-credits.html

Just gave this a try,

Mainly because I had not done Boarding Party or the Foundry Flashpoints on my way up to 50, so gave them both a blast for story and easy creds, plus some nice looking BH Mando style orange armor drops in Boarding Party.

Soo, killed EVERYTHING in both Boarding Party and then the Foundry, I looted about 6 or 7 chests in Boarding Party, and vendored all my greens plus some of the oranges, but kept a few nice BH bits.

Total Creds - 110,000

Thats for both Boarding Party and Foundry.

Killing everything takes a bit of time, but both flashpoints are on the doorstep so to speak, no travelling around.

On a comical side note, HK-47 killed Mako, she got killed in the press lol, this was the only fight where I actually took any dmg from anything, and just my luck just when I need her, she's dead,

Had to resort to med packs, CD's and some self healing, HK-47 is one crazy dood.

So I dont know if this is well known or not, but it seems lots of people have problems coming up with cash, so try this, it cant be easier. At lvl 50, you can farm the Boarding Party. The flashpoint has 6 chests not including the 3 boss drops. The flashpoint allows you to mount up, so you can skip 95% of the trash. I've done it several times, it takes about 9 to 11 minutes and when you sell all the oranges greens and junk you come out with anywhere between 32 and 45 thousand credits.

Happy hunting!

As pointed out by Notebene this site gives a walkthrough of the run I eluded to above.

http://www.oldrepublic.net/351-credit-farming-traxex-guide-fast-easy-credits.html

Thanks for the information, just ignore the trolls. Trolls with be trolls...

Just fyi for republic players, I ran maelstrom prison last night and there are 3 chests and like 4-5 bosses (not counting the one you need to do the bonus for, I didn't bother with it)

I did it in about 15 minutes and got probably about 30-40k in cash for the loot

I just need someone to write up a detailed guide on the chests. I think I may have missed a few.

I also ran taral V and found 4 chests on that one, but it took closer to 25 minutes, since everything is so spread out.

Happy hunting!

The majority of the people that complain about constantly being broke aren't level 50.

I hear money is easy to come by at 50 as there's nothing left to spend it on.

Between my crafting and leveling expensive my level 46 is ALWAYS broke. I have no idea how I'm going to afford to level and get the speeder at 50.

I just spent close to 100k to learn THREE class skills. This is ridiculous.

Just fyi for republic players, I ran maelstrom prison last night and there are 3 chests and like 4-5 bosses (not counting the one you need to do the bonus for, I didn't bother with it)

I did it in about 15 minutes and got probably about 30-40k in cash for the loot

I just need someone to write up a detailed guide on the chests. I think I may have missed a few.

I also ran taral V and found 4 chests on that one, but it took closer to 25 minutes, since everything is so spread out.

I did this last night on my seer and made about the same. Took me a little longer since she's only level 46 and some of the mobs still aggro on her. But it's not like they did much damage.

As an adult who has a full and busy life and limited time to play this game, I truly appreciate the OP's info. IMHO we need MORE posts like this to assist the enthusiastic, but casual player. Unlike the kids, I can afford to pay for subscriptions to multiple MMOs, and desire only to spend my money wisely. Helpful threads like this one only serve to enhance my enjoyment of what is thus far a fantastic game.

To the trolls: I hear WoW will release "Mists" this summer. Please take your whining, sniveling, selves back to that game, since you hijacked it anyhow. As a reminder...WoW experienced similar growing pains before becoming what it is today. An important character trait for you kids to learn is PATIENCE. Read about it! Now go do your homework or study for an exam or something...

To Bioware: Please continue to update and grow this game. Your original framework is magnificent and I look forward to playing this game for many years to come. Don't let this game become another WoW, except hopefully in numbers of subscriptions. Could we have age-restricted servers? :)

Hello. I'm a Bounty Hunter, not a farmer. Good Bye.

And what exactly are dailys? They are little more than developer sanctioned farming missions. Why do people run the same HM OPs/FPs every single day/week to get a shot at those Columi or Rakata pieces? Why do people play the same 3 Warzones 10 times a day to gain valor, commendations, and daily/weekly credit?

"Farming" for the purpose of character advancement is integral to every MMO ever developed. I have never met a single MMO player who has never repeated any piece of game content in order to gain a specific reward whether it is currency or equipment. People need to stop throwing it around like it is a bad word because doing that only serves to expose ones own ignorance.

To the trolls: I hear WoW will release "Mists" this summer. Please take your whining, sniveling, selves back to that game, since you hijacked it anyhow. As a reminder...WoW experienced similar growing pains before becoming what it is today. An important character trait for you kids to learn is PATIENCE. Read about it! Now go do your homework or study for an exam or something...

Haha, nope.

WoW finally got rid of these whiners, so enjoy them. We sure as hell don't want them.

The majority of the people that complain about constantly being broke aren't level 50.

I hear money is easy to come by at 50 as there's nothing left to spend it on.

Between my crafting and leveling expensive my level 46 is ALWAYS broke. I have no idea how I'm going to afford to level and get the speeder at 50.

I just spent close to 100k to learn THREE class skills. This is ridiculous.

Wait to level your crafting.

You can try to have it all and feel broke or you can just get your new skills and save the rest for the speeder upgrades. Personally I waitied to get the mount speed upgrades.

Your skills are not that expensive at 50. They are like 9k a pop with about 5 of them to buy. Not as expesnsive as learning a new skills, just upgrades to the ones you have.

And what exactly are dailys? They are little more than developer sanctioned farming missions. Why do people run the same HM OPs/FPs every single day/week to get a shot at those Columi or Rakata pieces? Why do people play the same 3 Warzones 10 times a day to gain valor, commendations, and daily/weekly credit?

"Farming" for the purpose of character advancement is integral to every MMO ever developed. I have never met a single MMO player who has never repeated any piece of game content in order to gain a specific reward whether it is currency or equipment. People need to stop throwing it around like it is a bad word because doing that only serves to expose ones own ignorance.

This. Pretty much everything is farmable, not only money and creds. Social points, affection points, mats.... I got Broonmark's affection to 10k by having him while taking the dailies on Belsavis, pretty quickly. And now he gets sent on missions for mats... I don't see anything "wrong".

This is a good suggestion. Even if in terms of "efficiency" it's better to run dailies, is nice to have a change.

And if you have alts, it's a really good source for gear. I can't get wait to get my sorc to 31 so she can wear the Muse Vestments ( which I found in the Boarding Party FP ). She looks awesome in it :)

For those of us who don't have a lvl 50 toon, what should we do for credits (besides abusing our companions :))? Such as the leadup to 25, I am consistently in the 60-70k range but then feel like I shouldn't be dumping over half my savings on a single skill (I know this will change with 1.2 but I imagine it will still be a bit pricey). It is also around this time when skill training in general starts becoming more expensive slowing my accumulation of credits considerably.

In all honesty just level, loot all drops sell all greys, greens, put blues/epics on GTN for a fast selling price AND IF you dont go crazy w/spending at the GTN and Crew missions you can make close to a mil just leveling to 50. My sorc at 50 ended w/866k that was after buying all training as I leveled, buying lvl 25 and 40 speeder and leveling professions.

Edited by Drakoir