What the @#$! is wrong with Voss?

Vikin

I'm a lvl 48 Sentinel (combat specced), my gear is about lvl 45, so is my companion's (Lord Scourge). As I got trashed everytime I tried to do the Area Quest on Voss (sabotage the Gormak), I decided to level and gear up (I was lvl 46 then and had worse gear). So now I returned to that planet, tried again, and ***? Still no difference.

When we lure out those tech guards, Scourge gets gunned down in like 5 seconds and I'm dead shortly after that. I won't even try "Darker than Dark" in order not to waste money on repairs. What is it with this planet? It really sucks that Sentinels don't have a long lasting CC for organics, so I could kill them one after another.

Not speaking of Warren Sedoru in the class quest, who stomped me in a few seconds as well...

Am I doing something wrong or ist Voss just not soloable for combat specced Sentinels without high end gear?

It was hard as a Jedi Consular specced as a Sage. I barely survive. As far as I can tell, you don't have a chance even if you have a healing companion. Don't even have enough interrupts to stop them *** pounding you.

I suggest getting some help to complete that mission.

I'm a lvl 48 Sentinel (combat specced), my gear is about lvl 45, so is my companion's (Lord Scourge). As I got trashed everytime I tried to do the Area Quest on Voss (sabotage the Gormak), I decided to level and gear up (I was lvl 46 then and had worse gear). So now I returned to that planet, tried again, and ***? Still no difference.

When we lure out those tech guards, Scourge gets gunned down in like 5 seconds and I'm dead shortly after that. I won't even try "Darker than Dark" in order not to waste money on repairs. What is it with this planet? It really sucks that Sentinels don't have a long lasting CC for organics, so I could kill them one after another.

Not speaking of Warren Sedoru in the class quest, who stomped me in a few seconds as well...

Am I doing something wrong or ist Voss just not soloable for combat specced Sentinels without high end gear?

You are right to feel cheated in no CC it sucks, but I remember the quest you mention, it's and if I remember correctly it's an Area2 quest, which means it is slightly harder for one person, especially a pure DPS class.

Are you talking about the Heroics? Those are designed to not be easily solo'd at the proper level dude. Elites should blow you up. There's a reason heroics suggest you bring friends with you...

Even though ppl play this game solo, it is still an mmo. Go get some friends to play with! Don't become an anonymous solo gamer in a mmo, how sad it that?

If you aren't talking about heroics, you may want to try the watchman tree, great dps and survival ability.

Edited by Shalao

Voss is where Strong enemies start to ramp up with stacking dots that ignore all of your mitigation. Since you're a SW and don't have any long CC or heals, you'll die a lot. It gets a bit better (Gormok are the worst offenders), but Strong mobs will now forever be your worst nightmare. Elites are easy, though...

Sith Warriors need a PvE only hard CC.

Nope, this quest is not heroic, it's not an AREA2 quest and the 2 tech guards are strong, not elite. They just do a lotta damage.

They remind me if the Elite on Quesh that had a whole lot of fire DOT, but it was just so super fast DOT that you usually had very little time to kill him. But Area quests even if they do not say 2 are still Heroic's they are meant to be harder. I know there is Area4 and then Area and they are still not a cake walk at the end.

yeah, that quest was a real pain in the ***...it's the only quest I had problems with while leveling really.

Area Quests are the same as Heroic Quests... you need a group to do them.

I've done this and other area quests and I have never had one listed as needing more than one person. The one I ran on Tat was definitely solo material. This mission just has 2 strongs that are overpowered. THere ranged attacks do too much damage too quickly.

There is a way to defeat them and I wouldn't recommend Scourge because a tank will just die. You need a healing or DPS companion.

The way to defeat them is to run around the side of the hill right after tripping the quest item. The one you need to kill should chase you around the corner but the other on won't or at least not right away. Since the second one can't see you his Overpowered ranged attacks won't kill you. Kill the first one and then you should be able to kill the second. If not hopefully, you've killed your mission's target.

BTW there a good thread about this already. Learn to search.

Edited by JerokTalram

Gear up your healer pet. The game is a PITA without them at later levels. Bioware completely misinterpreted what players meant by wanting challenging content making the endgame easy as hell while the higher leveling game is constantly annoying you with this b/s (specially in Voss - Republic). Hell, wait until you get the quest (in second Voss area IIRC) where you have to kill a this purple giant elite mob that knocks 50% of you or your pets health with one hit every few seconds. Its a solo quest too. The 'Strong' mini-versions you have to kill before are a pain too.

Unless youre a healer yourself, you'll best be served gearing up and playing with your healer pet.

Edited by MasterKayote

Might be, but what about quests like Darker than Dark or even the class quest after Voss? Same thing, too much damage...

Yeah they ramp it up in too many damn places. It's like ***... this guy is a beast. You could carve through dozens of people strongs and elites then all the sudden you meet the mega elite that has DOT's of doom

The trick to that quest is to pull the mobs to the slight cliff on the far left/east once you have pulled the mob of your choice to said cliff just right click on the rubber ducky on the ground to summon the 4 horses of the space bathroom to aid you in your quest. hope this helps.

Gear up your healer pet. The game is a PITA without them at later levels. Bioware completely misinterpreted what players meant by wanting challenging content making the endgame easy as hell while the higher leveling game is constantly annoying you with this b/s (specially in Voss - Republic). Hell, wait until you get the quest (in second Voss area IIRC) where you have to kill a this purple giant elite mob that knocks 50% of you or your pets health with one hit every few seconds. Its a solo quest too.

Unless youre a healer yourself, you'll best be served gearing up and playing with your healer pet.

I was able to do most of VOSS and Corellia with Kira. There were bosses that I had to pull Doc out for but most of the content doesn't require a healing pet. For a sentenial especially, fighting without a healer is good practise for the mission to kill the Emperor.

I've done this and other area quests and I have never had one listed as needing more than one person. The one I ran on Tat was definitely solo material. This mission just has 2 strongs that are overpowered. THere ranged attacks do too much damage too quickly.

Many of them are just called AREA quest, they do not say if more than one is needed but they tend to have a final fight a tiny bit harder than normal.

There is though also several AREA4 quests that do require help. There is the one on Balmora (Republic Side) there is one on Alderaan (Can't remember which side, maybe both). There is also one on Hoth (Sith side, most likely a Republic one but I don't remember.)

So there is many AREA4 quests that do require more than one person as you will be fighting usually 2-3 strongs and maybe an elite at once. then areas with all Elites ect.

I solo'd all the area quests that I came across. Shadow - Infiltration with Tharan and I was set.

A lot easier with a good CC and stealth. By stealth I mean..you are about to die..poofff! Just saying. :cool:

Edited by Valkirus

You as sentinel have problem with Voss area quests? You have so many cooldowns, use them. Also don't forget to use pots if you have to. Interrupt! Line of sight if you are dying to buy you some time and then CC.

My sniper soloed those Voss area quests with my melee dps companion. I just had to use pots since I literally have no defense cooldowns to use except a tiny absorption.

You as sentinel have problem with Voss area quests? You have so many cooldowns, use them. Also don't forget to use pots if you have to. Interrupt! Line of sight if you are dying to buy you some time and then CC.

My sniper soloed those Voss area quests with my melee dps companion. I just had to use pots since I literally have no defense cooldowns to use except a tiny absorption.

Dude, as a sentinel, you're pretty much screwed if you encounter a mob that does a lotta damage. And I sure as hell AM using my cooldowns, don't worry about that. And as I said before, I don't have a long lasting CC for organics, just for droids.