A Quick Look at UI Customization

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say this is great. I love this game already and something like this would be nice. I only have 1 gripe which should be addressed for all players: more quickslots. Most mmos have alot of quick slot trays, this one only has 4. More importantly we need some to hover so that way we can place more of them anywhere on the screen. Also a quick-rearange would be nice for players who don't want to go into the settings and mess with everything to get the result they want. For example City of Heros and Aion both has this. You can add hovering quick slots and drag them around the screen, if you don't like the configuration you can click the 360* button and change it from horizontal to 2 rows horizontal, 2 rows vertical, vertical, etc. The last thing this needs is a quick bar's ability to overlap. Take that assault/objective style of pvp for example, the map in the upper right hand corner overlaps the top 3-4 powers which can get annoying so that you don't have access to those. The same with the other side of the screen; the ops group overlaps about 6 slots taking out a large amount of space you can use.

I really hope that his comment is read and at least given some consideration, most game developers just shrug things off and keep going.

IT WAS NOT IN LAUNCH OF WOW EITHER!!!

Nor TV had color either still would you buy a black and white TV today?

What I would like added to this is a rotation to these boxes. I also want to split my bottom quick slots; like have bottom 1 and bottom 2 side by side-24 squares across the bottom of the screen. I could then move all the other junk in the way to the sides or up top.

I said rotation because what if I am some odd creative person that wants my side quick slots horizontal and not vertical.

You can decide how to set the 12 buttons meaning you choose how many rows and columns for each quickslot bar. You can even choose if you want less than 12 buttons.

Edited by Deewe

Downloading mods is preferable to not being able to do anything at all. Have you seen the size of the proc icons!

Lawl kid, if all you have to do in life is cry on the internet about a video game UI, well...just lawl.

AND OMG I DID SEE THE SIZE OF IT!!

Lawl kid, if all you have to do in life is cry on the internet about a video game UI, well...just lawl.

AND OMG I DID SEE THE SIZE OF IT!!

He's paying for a product and subscription, so he's got the right to point out the negatives, no? Unless you're such a sheep that you always accept everything as it is. Or the sub is simply paid by your parents -_-

Edited by Itsooz

I watched the video, Bioware, where is the 3rd middle bar?

Not the side bars, I thought we where suppose to get the option to make the center UI have 3 bars.

The side bars don't assist me like a 3rd middle bar would.

???

I watched the video, Bioware, where is the 3rd middle bar?

Not the side bars, I thought we where suppose to get the option to make the center UI have 3 bars.

The side bars don't assist me like a 3rd middle bar would.

???

You can take the sidebar and make it horizontal, ergo making it a 3rd middle bar.

I'm gald to see this is finally be putting in the game but as most of us will say... This should of been there at launch.

He mentioned target of target. But he only showed the "target" icon being moved around. It didn't seem to show a "target of my target", which would be a true target of target icon.

I personally hope they add a Rift style "target of target" feature. It is better than the outdated target of target WOW used to have (when I used to play). And they need to add Warhammer's defensive target feature. Which allowed healers to switch targets for healing, but still keep their enemy targeted. Without losing time having to press any extra buttons.

But Rift's target of target system seemed to be the simpliest and most successful target of target system I have seen in an MMO of late.

So even though it's too late, and it probably won't add any new features. Except to allow us to move our UI around. It's good to finally see it.

Anyone know if they are finally going to allow us to add our alt toons to our 'friend" list anytime soon?

It's sad, this is a good game, it just seems to be missing so many of the "expected features" of an MMO today, which is what prevented it from bringing in the huge numbers.

And sadly MMO's are like houses. Everyone pays attention to you when you first come on the market. And once you lose the interest, it's almost impossible to get it back.

I'm gald to see this is finally be putting in the game but as most of us will say... This should of been there at launch.

He mentioned target of target. But he only showed the "target" icon being moved around. It didn't seem to show a "target of my target", which would be a true target of target icon.

I personally hope they add a Rift style "target of target" feature. It is better than the outdated target of target WOW used to have (when I used to play). And they need to add Warhammer's defensive target feature. Which allowed healers to switch targets for healing, but still keep their enemy targeted. Without losing time having to press any extra buttons.

But Rift's target of target system seemed to be the simpliest and most successful target of target system I have seen in an MMO of late.

So even though it's too late, and it probably won't add any new features. Except to allow us to move our UI around. It's good to finally see it.

Anyone know if they are finally going to allow us to add our alt toons to our 'friend" list anytime soon?

It's sad, this is a good game, it just seems to be missing so many of the "expected features" of an MMO today, which is what prevented it from bringing in the huge numbers.

And sadly MMO's are like houses. Everyone pays attention to you when you first come on the market. And once you lose the interest, it's almost impossible to get it back.

I don't know how many more huge numbers you were hoping from SWTOR at release. Rift is like an ant compared to SWTOR and even Rift didn't release with all the basic features at release for example guild banks was added quite later on.

I am really looking forward to this!! I think I will start with the "Retro" which is more like the LOTRO interface, then customize it.

One thing that isn't clear from the video is whether we will be able to open up more than 2 windows simultaneously and move them around. If I want my Character Sheet, Inventory and Item Customization window open at the same time, I should be able to! As it is, comparing/inserting mods into multiple pieces of orange gear is quite a pain.

It's not perfect yet (could use extra bars, more flexibility about buff/debuff size, removal of character protraits, and definitely could use some kind of better proc status/alert system). It's definitely a big improvement though.

... It's just been 4 months, and that's actually a really short amount of time. But, I'm older, so maybe 4 months to me is a short amount of time...

I feel you man, it seems like there has hardly been time between launch and now.

they showed this feture in one of the beta videos yet it didnt apear at the launch or update 1.1 but of that i am so happy for update 1.2 tomarow or so am i am told its gonna be great post back or quote me by oh and how will the lagacy part of update 1.2 work at lv50 or bellow

Hmmm....

How come we still can't disable error messages? It's quite annoying to see this...

ALLOW US TO DISABLE ERROR MESSAGES

Wouldn't you agree?