The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Luke Skywalker vs Superman. Who wins?

Ivanblood

I dont even see why this is an argument. Superman HANDS DOWN. The only way you can kill him is with kryptonite, I would be rooting for Luke to win, but he would get owned in the first five seconds of the fight. All superman would have to do it shoot lasers at him, or use his strength to rip off Luke's head. It wouldnt be much of a fight if you think about it. My point is, Superman could totally obliterate Luke......

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke wins by a field goal in overtime, 27-24.

Just one question, why isn't the Force considered "magic?"

That was my first thought, I mean people used to call what we take for granted today "magic." Difference is we can explain it with science now and recreate it with technology. So who is to say the midichlorian garbage isn't some version of that? And doesn't Luke's uncle call Obi-wan an "old wizard?"

My 2nd thought was, if these universes were to collide, who is to say the green color crystal isn't what we earthlings would call kryptonite? it's silly, I know, but so is the thought that Superman and Luke would fight.

And finally, my third thought was along the same lines as others, the Earth's sun. Now if all things are fair and none of these things come into play, I think the fight goes to the generic, both are exhausted, one has an edge (Superman) but neither are willing to strike the killing blow, so they decide to go out and have a beer. If Superman has to chase Luke, he can just hide in one of those red giant systems.

Just one question, why isn't the Force considered "magic?"

It's more accurate to say that Superman is vulnerable to Sorcery, and not just a generic thing called Magic. If we call the Force magic then what Green Lantern can also be called magic and there's no end to the what could or might be considered magic.

My 2nd thought was, if these universes were to collide, who is to say the green color crystal isn't what we earthlings would call kryptonite?

Because crystals are not normally radioactive, and it's the radioactive properties of kryptonite that cause the issue, not the material itself.

And finally, my third thought was along the same lines as others, the Earth's sun.

It's not the Earth's sun it's a yellow star that gives him his power. Depending on what version of Superman we're talking about he can survive and even use his powers on worlds with a sun other then yellow for varying amounts of time.

Neither, for having ultimate cross universe battles of ultimate destiny goes against Imperial Decree 67. The only known loophole of this is that it happens in a cantina, the winner being decided by who shoots first. So Luke Skywalker and this so called Superman will be detained by Imperial Stormtroopers and sent to the mining facility of kessal, till such time as they see the Emperor's will as law.

Though seriously, Superman just doesn't have enough weaknesses to even make this a fight worth watching. Yes, I know Luke has is own share of opness in EU, but it just isn't enough. Not when you consider all the invulnerabilities to this and that, the whole almost always holding back as he doesn't want to break things..like glasses, people, mountain ranges, reality, etc. Though perhaps a toned down superman, like the one that lost to sub zero would be the sort that may give hope for a more even playing field. Though that defeats the point of superman, and thus you might as well insert someone else instead rather than that watered down excuse for a superman.

Edited by felnoire
spelling

It's more accurate to say that Superman is vulnerable to Sorcery, and not just a generic thing called Magic. If we call the Force magic then what Green Lantern can also be called magic and there's no end to the what could or might be considered magic.

Because crystals are not normally radioactive, and it's the radioactive properties of kryptonite that cause the issue, not the material itself.

It's not the Earth's sun it's a yellow star that gives him his power. Depending on what version of Superman we're talking about he can survive and even use his powers on worlds with a sun other then yellow for varying amounts of time.

Actually, the Green Lantern Corps rings are not magical. They are microcomputers and willpower amplifiers. They seem magical, since they are controlled by the user's thoughts and willpower, but they are Oan technology.

That said, Alan Scott, the original Green Lantern, has a ring that IS magic based. That ring, however, is not from the main Universe, and is the main reason why he's only an honorary member of the Corps.

Also, as far as Superman's powers under different suns:

Orange sun: Power is halved.

Yellow sun: Full power.

Red sun: No power.

Blue sun: Enhances his power to an uncontrollable level. (EDIT) Looked it up. lol

Batman is my homie. :D

Edited by Captain_Zone

Of course Luke's lightsaber could be kryptonite couldn't it? No one said it wasn't! That means it has to be! Classic Airbud defense. There are no rules that say a dog isn't allowed to play basketball! Plus, its green! Green means Kryptonite! Kyrptonite's never come in different colors! That's why Green Lantern can beat Superman! Cause' Green!

Glad there are some people who understand. Even in the DC-universe you appearently can buy kryptonite on the internet cuz almost every super villan superman encounters seems to have a piece of the so verry rare blown up planet that was verry far from earth.

Edited by Jaydann

Glad there are some people who understand. Even in the DC-universe you appearently can buy kryptonite on the internet cuz almost every super villan superman encounters seems to have a piece of the so verry rare blown up planet that was verry far from earth.

Who's selling Kryptonite? I want some. You never know when it will come in handy.

The ship that brought him to Earth as a baby was sent through a Wormhole just as Krypton exploded, and a lot of fragments were blown through the wormhole with it. They hit Earth as meteors when the wormhole deposited his ship in Kansas.

Very far far away ? In a far far away galaxy ? Then Luke cetainly has some kriptonite lightsaber.

Edited by Ivanblood

And snorted?

Wouldn't that suck to be Superman? Let's say hypothetically it could grant a Euphoria like nothing else, intense and completely safe. Yet it's the one thing that would kill Superman.

[EDIT]

AND if it became really popular, you know "snortin the K," practically everyone would be walking around with Kryptonite in their blood...

Edited by Datamonger

Wouldn't that suck to be Superman? Let's say hypothetically it could grant a Euphoria like nothing else, intense and completely safe. Yet it's the one thing that would kill Superman.

[EDIT]

AND if it became really popular, you know "snortin the K," practically everyone would be walking around with Kryptonite in their blood...

I don't think anything will ever suck more for him than having Lana Lang massively irradiated with Kryptonite lol.

[EDIT]

That would rock! Man, poor Supes! :D

Luke can make a holocall to Superman from another point of the galaxy and choke him to death. Even with light speed it would take Superman hundred of years to get to the closest star. Edited by Ivanblood

Luke can make a holocall to Superman from another point of the galaxy and choke him to death. Even with light speed it would take Superman hundred of years to get to the closest star.

Choke him to death? Really? Choke someone who can fly through the vacuum of space with no problem and take hits from opponents that have the strength to level planets.

I don't think so.

Edited by billyboyjennings

[EDIT]

There goes the neighborhood.

Choke him to death? Really? Choke someone who can fly through the vacuum of space with no problem and take hits from opponents that have the strength to level planets.

I don't think so.

Honestly, the only villain that could actually kill Superman if he really wanted to in a 1v1 fight is Black Adam. Read the Countdown World War III series and you will see exactly what I mean. He's a freakin' MONSTER! His entire nature is magic. Superman would get lolpwned. Fortunately for Superman, Adam considers him a friend.

Honestly, the only villain that could actually kill Superman if he really wanted to in a 1v1 fight is Black Adam. Read the Countdown World War III series and you will see exactly what I mean. He's a freakin' MONSTER! His entire nature is magic. Superman would get lolpwned. Fortunately for Superman, Adam considers him a friend.

All I have to say is

3:57