The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Luke Skywalker vs Superman. Who wins?

Ivanblood

You're thinking of Venom, from Spider-Man comics. He's vulnerable to sonic blasts. :p

In some games, at the very least, Geonosians use sonic cannons... so that's probably why Jedi are 'vulnerable' to them: cuz a bunch got killed by 'em on Geonosis in AOTC, in theory.

Yeah, Jedi did seem to get owned by those geo sonic guns. Which is why I asked because that would be listed as a weakness for Jedi.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, yeah, that's nice. I've seen similar jokes made about Don Draper and Saxton Hale, are they going to join the fight now too?

Who? Hey, whoever they are, they aren't Star Wars characters. lol

But seriously, Kyle Katarn is a bad*** Jedi Master that got his start as a freelance operative for the Rebel Alliance and stole the plans for the original Death Star. He spent years as a mercenary and actually rejected the Force for a while before finally coming to terms with it and becoming the baddest mofo in the galaxy. He actively uses blaster pistols and rifles when just a Lightsaber won't do. He was (NOW non-canonically) able to use both sides of the Force without ill effects. He's practical. He's got common sense. He has butted heads with Luke and won the argument. Why? Because he's Kyle Katarn, and not even Luke Skywalker wants to tick off Kyle Katarn.

But seriously, he was right and Luke was wrong. That was the main reason. lol

Not to be an annoying ***, but I think you're getting off topic.

Yes, I was straying a bit there. Sry :)

(You guys know of Chuck Norris right?)

Anyway, I stick with Luke! He's got the force which could include Kryptonite and red sun midichlorians to use against Superman.

Skywalker will win, np! :)

Who? Hey, whoever they are, they aren't Star Wars characters. lol

But seriously, Kyle Katarn is a bad*** Jedi Master that got his start as a freelance operative for the Rebel Alliance and stole the plans for the original Death Star. He spent years as a mercenary and actually rejected the Force for a while before finally coming to terms with it and becoming the baddest mofo in the galaxy. He actively uses blaster pistols and rifles when just a Lightsaber won't do. He was (NOW non-canonically) able to use both sides of the Force without ill effects. He's practical. He's got common sense. He has butted heads with Luke and won the argument. Why? Because he's Kyle Katarn, and not even Luke Skywalker wants to tick off Kyle Katarn.

But seriously, he was right and Luke was wrong. That was the main reason. lol

Ha, so Mary Sue stole the plans to the Death Star? Now those poor Bothan Spies have no accomplishments to their names. I'd love to read that fan-fic.

I am joking of course, he sounds like a right bad*** if I've ever heard one.

Still, unless he has a genius level intellect like Batman does I don't think he could realistically beat Superman either.

Ha, so Mary Sue stole the plans to the Death Star? Now those poor Bothan Spies have no accomplishments to their names. I'd love to read that fan-fic.

I am joking of course, he sounds like a right bad*** if I've ever heard one.

Still, unless he has a genius level intellect like Batman does I don't think he could realistically beat Superman either.

No kidding. I was actually joking in that post. lol Oh, the Bothans did steal the plans for the second Death Star. Kyle just stole the plans for the original. :D

Anyway, I stick with Luke! He's got the force which could include Kryptonite and red sun midichlorians to use against Superman.

*points to my sig at the In Star Wars: part*

Now here's a new argument. Okay first: Kryptonite is the radioactive remains of the the destroyed Krypton, I don't think that could be included as a force power, and no, Lightsabers don't use Kryptonite and wouldn't be able to use it because they require "special focusing crystals."

As for that second part you've stumped me. I have no idea what red sun midichlorians are. When I tried to look it up I found Wookiepedia's article about a non-cannon story where a Sith Lord uses the force to destroy Krypton thus starting the Superman series. I don't think that's admissible though. :)

But what if Luke got a Kyptonite Lightsaber blade? Then Superman would be powerless and then Luke could kill him, because we all know Kryptonie is in a form of a Crystal, so luke could just channel his sabers blade through a crystal of Kryptonite!

Now here's a new argument. Okay first: Kryptonite is the radioactive remains of the the destroyed Krypton, I don't think that could be included as a force power, and no, Lightsabers don't use Kryptonite and wouldn't be able to use it because they require "special focusing crystals."

As for that second part you've stumped me. I have no idea what red sun midichlorians are. When I tried to look it up I found Wookiepedia's article about a non-cannon story where a Sith Lord uses the force to destroy Krypton thus starting the Superman series. I don't think that's admissible though. :)

You're right, I just made that up, but it makes sense to have red suns in the SW galaxy and midichlorians are ever present right?

But what if Luke got a Kyptonite Lightsaber blade? Then Superman would be powerless and then Luke could kill him, because we all know Kryptonie is in a form of a Crystal, so luke could just channel his sabers blade through a crystal of Kryptonite!

Well that really depends on the nature of saber-crystals doesn't it? I don't know much besides that lightsabers use "special" focusing crystals. The crystals may need to be exposed to the force before they could be used in lightsabers. Also is kryptonite really a crystal? How do we know it doesn't behave like less precious stone?

But that doesn't matter because having access to kryptonite at all would be effective whether or not it was used in his lightsaber! But then you have to wonder, where and how would Luke get his hands on kryptonite, and how did he know that Superman was weak to it?

Its not really a viable idea.

You're right, I just made that up, but it makes sense to have red suns in the SW galaxy and midichlorians are ever present right?

You know what? I don't know. The entire idea of midichlorians and their role in the Star Wars universe is completely and totally baffling to me. The movies made me think that they were the CAUSE of the force, but someone tried to tell me they merely CO-EXIST with the force and were mostly an explanation as to why Qui-Gon was able to tell Anakin was so strong with the force. (Because I guess he can't sense it like other Jedis or something) How they relate to red suns is beyond my understanding. Personally, I pretend they don't exist.

Still a red sun would be a weakness to Superman because he relies on the yellow sun for power. But how would Luke know that? Besides, yellow is the most common color for stars, chances are the fight would begin in a yellow sun environment and I don't see how Luke could move the field to a red sun environment.

Edited by SupremeAdmiral

You know what? I don't know. The entire idea of midichlorians and their role in the Star Wars universe is completely and totally baffling to me. The movies made me think that they were the CAUSE of the force, but someone tried to tell me they merely CO-EXIST with the force and were mostly an explanation as to why Qui-Gon was able to tell Anakin was so strong with the force. (Because I guess he can't sense it like other Jedis or something) How they relate to red suns is beyond my understanding. Personally, I pretend they don't exist.

Still a red sun would be a weakness to Superman because he relies on the yellow sun for power. But how would Luke know that? Besides, yellow is the most common color for stars, chances are the fight would begin in a yellow sun environment and I don't see how Luke could move the field to a red sun environment.

Midichlorians were created by Lucas because, apparently, there was too much mysticism going on with no tangible science behind it, according to some critics. Soooo, instead of a magic-fueled Green Lantern Corps (which the Jedi basically were up til that point), George threw some X-Men stuff into the mix and made them into Mutant Space Cops.

He was basically trying to explain why ALL people weren't Force sensitive, and why the Force was stronger in some than in others. He later admitted it was a mistake, which is why you never heard the term again in the movies.

Edited by Captain_Zone

Okay it would probably actually end in a draw, because Lex Luthor shows up kidnapping Lois Lane or some other villain butts in where they aren't welcome.

Superman is invulnerable to lightsabers, is super fast, super strong.

Luke Skywalker has telekinesis, and using the force knows what an enemy will do before they actually do it.

I don't really see a fight between Superman and Luke Skywalker getting anywhere because of their personalities.

Wait, so who beats Chuck. You kinda confused me there.:)

Only Chuck Norris can beat Chuck Norris. But as Chuck Norris is unbeatable, it leads to a time-space paradox and the whole universe explodes in a Big Bang. But Chuck Norris is the only one who will survive the new Big Bang and will be the one who will start recreating life again arround the universe. Because in the explosion Chuck Norris will be merged to Chuck Norris which is equal to LIFE.

Edited by Ivanblood

Only Chuck Norris can beat Chuck Norris. But as Chuck Norris is unbeatable, it leads to a time-space paradox and the whole universe explodes in a Big Bang. But Chuck Norris is the only one who will survive the new Big Bang and will be the one who will start recreating life again arround the universe. Because in the explosion Chuck Norris will be merged to Chuck Norris which is equal to LIFE.

Chuck Norris can make a Big Bang with a single punch.

Chuck Norris can make a Big Bang with a single punch.

Kyle Katarn created the Big Bang when he went back in time and fathered Anakin. Shmi's experience was so wonderful, her mind blocked it out due to complete depression when she realized she would never experience something like that again.

Just edited it. However, the Jedi mind trick is still restricted to "weak-minded" people. Superman isn't weak-minded but simply susceptible to powerful mind-control that either require special training to combat or outside influence to stop.

When it comes to mind control, Luke wouldn't come anywhere close to the power of Maxwell Lord. This is the guy who was able to make an entire world think that he never existed. The effect was so strong that, when presented with evidence of Lord's existence, people would see something completely different, or interpret it in a convoluted manner so as to deny Lord's existence. It was so powerful that, even when Power Girl was able to remember who he was, she very quickly forgot again as the effect reasserted itself.

Even Wonder Woman, who Black Lantern Lord took a particular interest in, could not remember the man she had killed on worldwide television.

There's no way any Jedi's mind trick could come close to that power. The Mind Trick is simply a form of suggestion, "nudging" the victim's mind toward the desired goal. Max Lord reprograms the brain, and can institute self-correcting "programming" to go with it.

So, yeah. Superman is susceptible to mind control. But the Jedi Mind Trick isn't mind control.

Superman is not super if he is not near earths sun, superman can also be exhausted and than he needs to fly close to the sun to recharge.

So yeah luke could kill superman if he is not on earth or if he exhausts him first. Besides didnt you know green force crystals are in fact realty kryptonite... Luke's saber is green.

Superman doesnt stand a chance.