The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

There seriously needs to be compensation for those of us who did not jump ship.

Ojas

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A smart person would stockpile mats to be able to give up one crew skill and be able to go back to it in the future and level it fast.

Another smart move is to buy gathering missions on the cheap and stockpile them untill 1.2 comes out, because those missions will be a major source of crafting recipes. But if you wait too long then enough people will have the schematics and the price of the oranges will drop (after an immediate surge once 1.2 comes out).

Underworld trading and Investigation are the 2 main ones that I know of, but there is most likely a 3rd as well.

Fail is as fail does.

Armormech and Sythweaving are great crew skills levelling and for alts. Not to mention that with a bit of playing you can have rating 126 gear (purple level 49/50 trainer recipes) straight at 50 depending on RNG luck.

With the changes in 1.2 they will be able to provide aug crit crafted oranges and new recipes. To put it simply, armormech and synth products will be NEEDED by min/max players.

So shut it, do some research, oversome your limitations and understand a simple life lesson- You choose the skills, therefore you made the mistake, so 'shock horror' deal with it.

BT

I guess I am in the QQ's camp. I have dumped maybe 300k-500k in to crafting. Now I have made some money but I have to agree biochem is 10x better than they other crew skills and by far the easiest I have leveled.

Add to that Biochem is used at 50 were as I can't sell 50 gear yes my twinks get some advantage but is that what was intended? Quest gear isn't all that bad in the first place.

Having been 50 for some time now I can honestly say that Battle Master gear is far better than anything I could craft not even including expertise rating (that is suppose to be coming). Ya I suppose maybe if a got an augment for each gear item after I got it to purple (can can get augment I need for cheap) but do you have any idea of what that would cost? I bet I could burn all of my 3 mill and not even complete that and what do I do with all that gear??? I can't sell it for a profit.

All my pets are nearly all decked out in pvp gear....and why not? It's far cheaper then crafting them gear. Not like I really need them now anyways.

Can you say that about the medpacks or stims? No and is needed for every raid and has good use in pvp as well. Now it would be nice if BW gave us a boost based on what we have spent on what is now a useless crafting skill (yes useless look at the AH!). If crafters can't make money they will no longer craft and that's what's happened.

Yes they may fix things over time, but come on BW blew it and they know it. So shouldn't the OP have a right to complain and even ask for recovery of his lose? I think he could make a darn good case. If not it's only one person that will leave right?

Ya, keep thinking that!

(the sooner they can fix things the better, but not sure enough will be fixed in 1.2, and 1.2 sure has taken it's time coming out).

Fail is as fail does.

Armormech and Sythweaving are great crew skills levelling and for alts. Not to mention that with a bit of playing you can have rating 126 gear (purple level 49/50 trainer recipes) straight at 50 depending on RNG luck.

With the changes in 1.2 they will be able to provide aug crit crafted oranges and new recipes. To put it simply, armormech and synth products will be NEEDED by min/max players.

So shut it, do some research, oversome your limitations and understand a simple life lesson- You choose the skills, therefore you made the mistake, so 'shock horror' deal with it.

BT

Really the min/max'ers need those items? No way ton better from raiding sorry and you can get full purple pvp gear thats just as good if not better if you have saved up your pvp coins for 50 that's better! Crafted gear has nothing on raid gear/pvp gear and ya the OP was qq'ing but is also right. Why should BW after dropping the ball be willing to either fix it AND or refund the skill and all it's costs to level it?

I fail to see why this request is unreasonable? He is clearly frustrated and is letting them know it. Whats wrong with that? When he is RIGHT.

Oh just because you were unlucky and picked a skill that sucks tough luck? Why? Please get of your high hourse your just as bad as the person qq'ing IMO

I'm really confused. I can't stop reading about non-biochemist crying that it's broken and such, when I (as a biochemist) don't see any point in keeping it.

I only use my stims/medpacks/adrenals on my only toon that have biochem. My other 3 toons don't have nor benefit from it. I don't even bother to make stims for them.

Why should I waste my time doing stuff I don't need in any way ?

I went synth/armor, since unlike Biochem can make the best stuff. I can make my bracers/belt with an augment slot, and with 1.2 I will be able to do it on orange stuff.

And yet, I'm reading people crying that biochem is broken with their reusable that are weaker than the one they can buy for almost nothing while no one can buy crit'ed rakata gear...

Only level 50 biochem stuff can't be traded so I am not sure what your talking about? all your toons can gain from biochem and you have a market to sell to. I have several maxed crafting skills and I can tell you hands down i get more from Biochem by far.

tell me just how much rakata gear can you really even use? I know on most of my guys it's 2 items at a time (per build) that I have crafted. Guess what? those are the same items that are the easy drops from raids. What have you really get from your armor skills? augments? Have you added up what everything cost? Hardly worth it.

Erm how about rolling an alt? spend a couple of hours to get a companion or 2 level the skill you want. Easy

or

Dump the skill, train up the one you want with 5 companions, even easier.

Or just whine that the 'best' skill has to be earned rather than given. Everyone else has to do it but i guess the OP is special in some way

btw

I rolled numerous alts just to max various skills to see for myself, I'm currently being rewarded for all my efforts.

The game is about the journey and not the end result. If that's not for you, you are playing the wrong game

Edited by Kane_Ren

Crafting gear is useless at 50...

Bioware eever heard of earring of the solstice?

They need an end game synth/armour item that cant be beaten by pvp gear. Maybe a heal clicky, or a teleport, something.

Currently end game armouring is useless, unless you are gearing alts. Myself i play one toon, i dont want no stinking alts.

I don't know how the previous few posters managed to miss it, but someone already pointed out that post 1.2 crit crafted gear with endgame mods will be the min max standard. No more needs to be said, it WILL be valuable, especially after the biochem nerfs and the gradual phasing out of the re-usables that bioware keeps reminding us about.

Really the min/max'ers need those items? No way ton better from raiding sorry and you can get full purple pvp gear thats just as good if not better if you have saved up your pvp coins for 50 that's better! Crafted gear has nothing on raid gear/pvp gear and ya the OP was qq'ing but is also right. Why should BW after dropping the ball be willing to either fix it AND or refund the skill and all it's costs to level it?

I fail to see why this request is unreasonable? He is clearly frustrated and is letting them know it. Whats wrong with that? When he is RIGHT.

Oh just because you were unlucky and picked a skill that sucks tough luck? Why? Please get of your high hourse your just as bad as the person qq'ing IMO

Do you read the forums at all? Or bother to look at patch notes? I think not. So I will inform you of a few basics points that are happening for crew skills in upcoming patch 1.2.

New orange schematics are being added to the game. Those orange gears from said schematics can crit and have a chance of being created with an augment slot. So let me spell it out for you. In addition to the 3 slots available (Modification, Armor, Enhancement) there would also be an Augment slot on that piece of orange gear. Guess what? The Raid gear and PVP gear doesn't come with that augment slot. So here's the deal. That orange gear is better than the the Raid or PVP gear. Are you following now? Because it has that additional augment slot that you can put an augment in there by adding more stats to the gear than is available on the Raid/PVP gear. So here's what you do now, you remove your mods from your Raid/PVP gear and put it in your shiny new orange critted gear that has the augment slot, insert and augment and you now have a BIS piece.

Note that those orange schematics aren't only added to armor/synth. I'll let you do a little more investigation and find out what is happening. No one deserves any sort of in-game "compensation" because they chose to bounce around in different professions. Pick something you like doing and stick to it. By the way, there's money to be made on items other than level 50. So please do a little checking around before posting your incorrect rants. Thank you.

I don't know how the previous few posters managed to miss it, but someone already pointed out that post 1.2 crit crafted gear with endgame mods will be the min max standard. No more needs to be said, it WILL be valuable, especially after the biochem nerfs and the gradual phasing out of the re-usables that bioware keeps reminding us about.

This person gets it.

It's no secret is the only competitive viable endgame crew skill.

Fact is, the only option for those of us who took other crew skills is to wait it out and be subpar or jump ship and put in more effort.

It's not right a large percentage of your community is being punished.

Future updates is not acceptable. It does not make up for the extraordinary bonus biochem offers that you refused to balance.

Those of us with other crew skills (like armormech) have been gimps and the ONLY blame is on you bioware.

We either forced to put in more work or be gimps.

All there is too it, and for that reason there must be compensation.

Not "future updates" that may or may not (most likely given your history) provide any kind of benefit to being any crewskill crafter but biochem.

Forcing us to play as gimps or put in more effort than somebody else (because you ****ed up and did not balance the crewskills) is unacceptable.

This might have been approached with a kinder audience if the patch weren't coming within the next 2 weeks.

Suffice to say, all crew skills will be much more viable in the next patch. Immediate compensation for what you call subpar crew skills is silly. People want augments, ear pieces, ship parts (especially for the dailies) and orange items. 1.2 will only make these wants much greater.

Not the point

Obviously not the point. Thank you for pointing that out eaglemouse.

Fact is, some of us trusted bioware would not leave the game in such an unbalanced state.

Those of us not playing biochem were left with one option.

A) Wait for bioware to fix it and remain gimps till that happens.

B) Jump ship and go biochem.

Fact is, those of us who took option A, have been complete gimps, compared to those that get massively OP reusable for no reason but BIOWARE HAS FAILED TO BALANCE.

Forcing us to wait for 1.2 is unacceptable given the fact that so many of us are massively underpowered compared to those that do have these extremely powerful reusable buffs.

Balancing it in the future in NO WAY makes up for the simple fact that so many of us have been completely gimped for one reason. Bioware failed to balance the class.

If you (bioware) seriously made your past balance moves based on "Artifice is most played" is a testament to their ineptitude. Simply, go into warzones and view schematics. I did this and found at least 75% of players on "Warriors of the Shadow" in warzones were Biochem. Clearly Bioware included players who were low level and leveling up in their claim "Artifice is most played" and again, that is a testament to their ineptitude.

Even still,

Balancing issues are common in MMOs. Fact is, it is not common to leave it this unbalanced with NO significant fix to any other crew skill for over 3 months and you never once did what you should have done (assuming you would (and did not) never try to fix these crew skills) which is, openly announce "WE WILL NOT FIX THESE CREW SKILLS, WE KNOW THEY HAVE NO SIGNIFICANT USE IN ENDGAME, DO NOT ASSUME WE WILL FIX THESE OBVIOUSLY BROKEN CREW SKILLS, RE-ROLL"

Many of us have been gimps since launch because we trusted Bioware would fix this. Problems are acceptable. Problems for over 3 months are unacceptable.

Stop putting all your updates in one thing and making us wait for things that require significant and immediate attention so you can send out another press release hyping yourselves claiming the inevitable "our general game updates are as large as entire game expansions". Everybody here with half the intellect of your developers, programers and executives sees through it.

Hmm lets see i levelled synth to 300 swapped to bio lvled to 400 made rakata items swapped back to synth and lvlled back to 400 made rakat belt and bracers swapped to artifice and made relics , swapped back to bio and levlled again to 400 to make the rakata stuff usuable again.......

Honestly i cant believe you are complaining it is so easy and cheap to swap between top level crew skills.

I guess I am in the QQ's camp. I have dumped maybe 300k-500k in to crafting. Now I have made some money but I have to agree biochem is 10x better than they other crew skills and by far the easiest I have leveled.

Add to that Biochem is used at 50 were as I can't sell 50 gear yes my twinks get some advantage but is that what was intended? Quest gear isn't all that bad in the first place.

Having been 50 for some time now I can honestly say that Battle Master gear is far better than anything I could craft not even including expertise rating (that is suppose to be coming). Ya I suppose maybe if a got an augment for each gear item after I got it to purple (can can get augment I need for cheap) but do you have any idea of what that would cost? I bet I could burn all of my 3 mill and not even complete that and what do I do with all that gear??? I can't sell it for a profit.

All my pets are nearly all decked out in pvp gear....and why not? It's far cheaper then crafting them gear. Not like I really need them now anyways.

Can you say that about the medpacks or stims? No and is needed for every raid and has good use in pvp as well. Now it would be nice if BW gave us a boost based on what we have spent on what is now a useless crafting skill (yes useless look at the AH!). If crafters can't make money they will no longer craft and that's what's happened.

Yes they may fix things over time, but come on BW blew it and they know it. So shouldn't the OP have a right to complain and even ask for recovery of his lose? I think he could make a darn good case. If not it's only one person that will leave right?

Ya, keep thinking that!

(the sooner they can fix things the better, but not sure enough will be fixed in 1.2, and 1.2 sure has taken it's time coming out).

That's funny.

I dumped at least 3 mill into armormech around a month ago trying to make use of the reverse engineering system.

I crafted at least 27 rakata field medic's belts trying to get an augment slot. Note every one is bind on acquire so I am stuck with the sunk cost of 240 mando irons and 27 biometric crystal alloys, not to mention the durasteel and zal alloy. All crafted with 10000 affection Ensign Temple with her +2 Armormech Critical.

Why? Because bioware refuses to admit "it's broken". Note on my server, a single mando iron sells for around 10k instantly and market sits at around 15k each. 2.2 million fyi.

Am I really supposed to accept "be a gimp or re-roll" because BIOWARE FAILED? And for what?

I crafted at least 200 Biorestorative suits before I finally got one tempest biorestorative suit (superior) which is inferior to any one of the centurion sets.

I don't think it's right and future fixes do not make up for the unbelievable amount of effort and credits I have sunk into your broken system because you refused to admit "it's broken reroll".

It's CRIMINAL.

Edited by Ojas

Its really sad crew skills in itself are a joke,,, you either out level such goods or they cost so much to make its not worth it and there no end game crew skill other than Biochem or cybertech worth keeping really,,

Time wasted. credits wasted and your life wasted,, People say money easy to get but you do realize most of them are PVPER not people leveling on pve and working on their crew skills as a casual person would and buy abilities and paying for conditoin loss on equipment,, yes its possible to just craft normal stuff but your limiting your ability from the benefit of having a crew skill,

So you crafted a purple hilt by the way at this time your probalby level 15 lol are above,, so whats the point...lol, plus your cost to send companoins out on missoin start costing more and more..

BIOWARE address your issues with this cause you destroyed another side of the game....

let me see list of fail

1. PVP system

2. end game

3 crew skills for valued market and use

4 Class abilities

5 leveling system for each planet, (why do we always start a new planet being sub geared and earning comms for gear that going to be outdated next planet)

6 space combat..Why do we out level missoins when there are no level for ships,,Its equipment based not level based..lol..

short list

I think it's really funny how you're all upset about this. Do you want a hug?

Biochem 3 biometric crystal alloys and some trash mats = 3 unattainable items that provide stats greater than anything any other class can offer ontop of what is available.

Persists through death and reusable = permanent.

Me Armormech 27 biometric crystal alloys and 216 mandalorian irons (sell for 10k a piece on my server so I could have made ~ 2.2 million credits) for nothing. In no way better than the item you can get from a vendor. And it's BOP so it's vendor trash.

That is unacceptable and unfair in every conseavable way.

There MUST be compensation.

Not for the fact that I got ****ed.

Because BIOWARE KNEW this system was broken and refused to do what they should have done.

A. Lock all crafting crewskills.

B. Give all crafting crewskills the reusable rakata stims, adrenals and medpacks.

C. *********** SAY "THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN DO NOT CRAFT WITH ANYTHING BUT BIOCHEM".

It is criminal what has happened here. Unacceptable in everyway.

Go ahead and try to validate biowares actions.

I have been extremely mistreated.

There is compensation. Selling sub 50 purple gear. You get a good amount for lower end stuff. I made a full set for the couple alts I've leveled so far. The extras that I made, I sold for more then it cost me to get the materials....within an hour of putting them up.

The fact that you will have a head start when 1.2 hits is your compensation. When everyone else scrambles to get maxxed, us that stayed on can start selling at a premium until everyone catches up.

There is compensation. Selling sub 50 purple gear. You get a good amount for lower end stuff. I made a full set for the couple alts I've leveled so far. The extras that I made, I sold for more then it cost me to get the materials....within an hour of putting them up.

The fact that you will have a head start when 1.2 hits is your compensation. When everyone else scrambles to get maxxed, us that stayed on can start selling at a premium until everyone catches up.

and this is the key to why people do not understand companion skills. It is assumed that end game pve/pvp content should be equal to crafting. It isn't nor should it necessarily be so to be deemed a success. Crafting is about supplying your fellow player with items that are needed, it isn't just a side profession to help you kit out your own guys easier. This could not be more apparent at end game crafting.

and to the 26 tries for an augmentation slot that bop's...what do you plan to put in that slot and have you ever considered that the skill bonus may not be worth the heartache or cost of what you estimated to be 2mil?

Is there a single player in this game that runs numbers on stats and toon effect before they max out everything just because more is better?

and this is the key to why people do not understand companion skills. It is assumed that end game pve/pvp content should be equal to crafting. It isn't nor should it necessarily be so to be deemed a success. Crafting is about supplying your fellow player with items that are needed, it isn't just a side profession to help you kit out your own guys easier. This could not be more apparent at end game crafting.

and to the 26 tries for an augmentation slot that bop's...what do you plan to put in that slot and have you ever considered that the skill bonus may not be worth the heartache or cost of what you estimated to be 2mil?

Is there a single player in this game that runs numbers on stats and toon effect before they max out everything just because more is better?

There is an inherent flaw in your logic.

Armormech

Low Level - Makes Heavy Armor and Medium Armor (only usable by a few classes). Can be improved.

Mid Level - Makes Heavy Armor and Medium Armor (only usable by a few classes). Can be improved.

High Level - Makes Heavy Armor and Medium Armor (only usable by a few classes). Can be improved.

End Game - Can make 2 items Belt and Boots for themselves.

Biochem

Low Level - Makes Two Implants (can be used by every single person in the game). Can be improved. Can make stims, and medpacks that can be used by every single person in the game. Can make adrenals that can not be acquired by anybody. Can make reusable stims, medpacks and adrenals for themselves.

Mid Level - Makes Two Implants (can be used by every single person in the game). Can be improved. Can make stims, and medpacks that can be used by every single person in the game. Can make adrenals that can not be acquired by anybody. Can make reusable stims, medpacks and adrenals for themselves.

High level - Makes Two Implants (can be used by every single person in the game). Can be improved. Can make stims, and medpacks that can be used by every single person in the game. Can make adrenals that can not be acquired by anybody. Can make reusable stims, medpacks and adrenals for themselves.

End Game - Can make best available stims, medpacks and adrenals that can be used by every player in the game and can be sold. Can make reusuable stims, medpacks and adrenals that persist through death for themselves. Can make 2 best in slot implants that can be improved and can be sold to every player in the game.

See the issue?

Biochem can do everything armormech can (they do it with different items) and yet they can still do things (offer improvements that armormech can not IE reusable rakatas) that armormech can not.

That's funny.

I dumped at least 3 mill into armormech around a month ago trying to make use of the reverse engineering system.

I crafted at least 27 rakata field medic's belts trying to get an augment slot. Note every one is bind on acquire so I am stuck with the sunk cost of 240 mando irons and 27 biometric crystal alloys, not to mention the durasteel and zal alloy. All crafted with 10000 affection Ensign Temple with her +2 Armormech Critical.

Why? Because bioware refuses to admit "it's broken". Note on my server, a single mando iron sells for around 10k instantly and market sits at around 15k each. 2.2 million fyi.

Am I really supposed to accept "be a gimp or re-roll" because BIOWARE FAILED? And for what?

I crafted at least 200 Biorestorative suits before I finally got one tempest biorestorative suit (superior) which is inferior to any one of the centurion sets.

I don't think it's right and future fixes do not make up for the unbelievable amount of effort and credits I have sunk into your broken system because you refused to admit "it's broken reroll".

It's CRIMINAL.

let me get this strait. you are pissed off because you spent 2.2 mil for a chance at 3 additional dps in a system where topped out you are pulling roughly 1350? then you are even MORE pissed when you spent another 800k reverse engineering in system that bioware blatantly stated months ago wasnt working as intended?

really? also, calling anything else "gimp" when as a synthweaver i had access to essentially the same bonuses as biochem, at a price, is just as criminal. it honestly sounds like you are attempting to blame bioware for your poor reliance on gear instead of taking your poor performance to heart and correcting it.