Why are so few EU players being invited??

Jeronas

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You would have thought they would have two separate pools for EU and US invites, considering there are two pools of servers.

I guess there is no reliable way of determining who is gonna roll on which server, even so, it makes little sense to group both into the one pot.

Like you said, there is nothing saying European players will play on European servers. I think that has quite a bit to do with the server populations.

Your account contains your adress/country details. You had to fill it in when creating your account.

Especially since the serverlist is currently messed up with the EU servers listed under US servers, it's going to cause some real problems.

Most of the US servers are filling up now and by the time it's US primetime you will get lots of US players starting to roll onto EU servers instead and filling those servers up.

Then the whole populations will get wacked up and by the time these US players figured out they rolled onto EU servers, they will move away and start rolling on new US servers.

Leaving those EU servers with low population and a ton of names blocked for genuine EU players.

So this is not good at all. :(

That as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if some US players roll on the EU servers because of it.

They are inviting based on pre-order day, plain and simple. Also isn't it like late-ish there in the UK now, maybe people are sleeping that did get in?

well i pre-ordered on the 21 july and entered my code that day, I have no email

but wait, Im from the EU so i get shafted.

oh and its only 5.29pm so no we arent f-ing sleeping.

Edited by cerveau

Like you said, there is nothing saying European players will play on European servers. I think that has quite a bit to do with the server populations.

In my history of playing MMO's I have seen that the general trend is that US players don't like to play on EU servers, while EU players are more inclined to roll on US servers when in international guilds.

But as the serverlist is currently messed up and EU servers being listed under US servers we going to get a problem.

US servers are filling up now, while EU servers (shown as N/A) are still underpopulated.

So by the time US primetime kicks in and US servers start queueing, you will get a lot of unwarry and frustrated US players rolling onto EU servers, filling them up, blocking a ton of names... and then a while later, when the serverlist gets finally sorted out and they find out they rolled on a EU server, they will all move away to US servers... leaving the EU servers on low pop with a ton of names blocked on chars no longer in use!

This is just bad! :(

Edited by Jeronas

well i pre-ordered on the 21 july and entered my code that day, I have no email

but wait, Im from the EU so i get shafted.

Sweet, it's the new "I heard people the preordered last week are already getting in!" complaint. But seriously, go read the sticky thread on the waves going out. They confirm that the 21st is by far the largest day of pre-orders. I'm sure there are still Americans out there waiting that also pre-ordered on the 21st.

In my history of playing MMO's I have seen that the general trend is that US players don't like to play on EU servers, while EU players are more inclined to roll on US servers when in international guilds.

But as the serverlist is currently messed up and EU servers being listed under US servers we going to get a problem.

US servers are filling up now, while EU servers (shown as N/A) are still underpopulated.

So by the time US primetime kicks in and US servers start queueing, you will get a lot of unwarry and frustrated US players rolling onto EU servers, filling them up, blocking a ton of names... and then a while later, when the serverlist gets finally sorted out and they find out they rolled on a EU server, they will all move away to US servers... leaving the EU servers on low pop with a ton of names blocked on chars no longer in use!

This is just bad! :(

As far as I'm aware, only the web-based server list is messed up. I remember in the population threads people were saying it isn't even accurate.

Your account contains your adress/country details. You had to fill it in when creating your account.

Especially since the serverlist is currently messed up with the EU servers listed under US servers, it's going to cause some real problems.

Most of the US servers are filling up now and by the time it's US primetime you will get lots of US players starting to roll onto EU servers instead and filling those servers up.

Then the whole populations will get wacked up and by the time these US players figured out they rolled onto EU servers, they will move away and start rolling on new US servers.

Leaving those EU servers with low population and a ton of names blocked for genuine EU players.

So this is not good at all. :(

Epic fail.

This. 18:11 In CET.

Also, there is no biasing here. First pre-ordered, first served. Suck it up.

(and no, I'm not in yet either, 24/7 -_- )

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they staggering access to ensure the servers won't blow up? Why wouldn't they let in more EU people if those servers aren't even filled to half the capacity?

They should've divided the preorders per region. I don't think it's likely that Americans will be playing a lot on EU servers, thus giving room for more EU invites.