Respecced out of Corruption into 31 Madness :(

noladev

Anyone else just not find it enjoyable to play a "dead class walkin"?

I will miss healing my guildies and teammates in pvp but I just cant bear the thought of impending doom. Heres to 10v10 dps just like all the QQers always wanted!

Anyone else just not find it enjoyable to play a "dead class walkin"?

I will miss healing my guildies and teammates in pvp but I just cant bear the thought of impending doom. Heres to 10v10 dps just like all the QQers always wanted!

Try to grow into love the new playstyle of dot dot dot run away dot dot cc run away dot meet up with your friends to gank that melee that was chasing you.

Never assume you can solo kill anything other than other sorcs/sages in PvP. Always try to rely on your friends and guildies even if you are no longer a healer, still stick to your marauders or merc friends if you want to live.

If your guildies have any fair knowledge about the 1.2 changes they would understand why you switched out of heal. And they should start looking out for competent operative/merc healers if they want to be successful in Rated WZs. Even tho for a optimized rWZ team (excluding hutball) composition you are not supposed to take any sorcs (especially for a dps one because their commando offheal healers will easily outburst your full madness spec).

If your guildies starts excluding you from their rWZ premades, dont be mad, they are doing it for a reason. In the meantime try to level up a anni marauder or tank/dps hybrid assassin, if you really want to secure your spot in rated WZs in the future.

All these of course taken the assumption that BW and their invisible metrics deem that sorcs are just fine in every single aspect in 1.2.

Edited by warultima

Another option is the 23/0/18 healing/dps hybrid build for 1.2 PvP. It's a solid middle-ground between dedicated healer and dedicated dps, has a lot of utility built in, and can flow between the two roles with ease (though it lacks the raw dps, burst, and AoE of dedicated dps build, and the AoE and resource-endurance of dedicated healing build). It's a very solid support build with a great deal of PvP potential (also makes quite a good soloing build). Edited by Daellia

Anyways its a shame that sorcs are only viable as support.

When every single ACs out there can spec into pvp burst, its really sad that sorcs and sages is the only AC incapable to have a valid pvp burst.

fyi Chain Lightning is our single strongest attack thats also AoE.

However tracer missile even tho its single target only, does about 5% MORE damage than chain lightning in single target nuke (not counting its debuff which gradually INCREASE the damage of tracer itself as well as buffing up their other attacks to SURPASS the damage of tracer missile by a significant margin.)

Tracer Missile is equilibrium to our Lightning strike with same casting time yet lightning strike damage is quite possibly the weakest core CASTED attack of the entire game.

BW: why cant sorcs get an viable single target burst like every other AC in this game?

Meh I just cancelled my sub over it. If the metrics were so imbalanced why didn't they just tweak numbers, gutting a class is not a way to make changes.

Maybe the "metrics" of BW is end of level 50 WZ score board to the eyes of a fresh 50 marauder in level 35 greens.

Or their metrics cannot distinguish "AoE" from "single target", and/or assume PvP battlefield is standing still with zero movement hence sorc dps is "fine".

Either way its an extremely laughable metrics that come with whatever BW is smoking apparently.

yep, I 'm focused on getting my last piece of BM gear to finish out the set, then hopefully 1.2 will release before my renewal date (4/19) so I can give it a fair shake before I remove my payment method from my account if i don't like it, and I don't see anyway I will.

I honestly lol at people that reroll... if you do it because you enjoy leveling, then fine, but if you are doing it because you want a viable AC for end game, after they nerfed your first class out of the game, I can't imagine... fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

its really sad that sorcs and sages is the only AC incapable to have a valid pvp burst.

Why is that sad? it's okay for different classes to be different.

after they nerfed your first class out of the game

Sorcerers are not being "Nerfed out of the game"

Edited by Sylriana

And why do you think BW bases their damage balancing on pvp?

Because they are reducing our overall damage, despite the fact that we're 20-30% behind Marauders and Snipers in PvE dps. The only area where Sorcs excel in dps in PvP AoE, which is precisely what's being nerfed.

Same thing with the healer nerfs. In PvE, sorcs are a bit too powerful in their AoE and resource endurance, while their only strong suits in PvP in raw burst healing and survivability. What's being nerfed? Single-target burst healing and survivability.

So what justification do you have to support a suggestion that PvE balance is factored in at all?

Why is that sad? it's okay for different classes to be different.

Sorcerers are not being "Nerfed out of the game"

yeah it's okay for different classes to be different,

just like sorcs meant to be healers then the heal tree got nerfed, yeah its different now its weaker as well

now lets go to dps, oh the main dps of the sorcs got nerfed, yeah it became different now, but still weak compared to other classes,

so what skill tree do you suggest that other players use to be useful in pvp? if you cant think of any then yeah the sorcs has been nerfed out of the game.

Edited by Ian_Planeswalker

Healer sorcs are. 31 madness for everyone!!

Yes, that wonderful spec who's entire list of dots can be negated with a single surge. Great. They also run out of force constantly, have no CC to speak of versus old hybrid build, etc.

Madness isn't terrible, it's just not very good either. And it'll be hopeless in organised PvP once people work out most your damage output is easily negateable in one move.

This is asides from the fact that we were already behind in DPS to begin with. Someone at BioWare really hates Sorcerers.