Valor<50 -- Why PvP Prior to 1.2?

Graushwein

I am more then frustrated that my cent gear on both of my 50s are now worthless. They need to make Cent gear at LEAST a little better then credit bought gear.

As someone in almost full Champion... I hear you. I sure hear you.

O well, 4 weeks of pvp every night being removed!

I bet I could do a really nice piece compairing this 1.2. pvp gear buff to

a communist revolution!

Lets see the have's become the unassailable ruling class (see BM geared players)

The middle class / small buisness is killed off and fed to the poor(Champ geared players).

The poor are happy for five minutes eating the free shop food till that runs out

then there's no more food! yea starvation!!! (no gear newb 50's)

meanwhile... the ruling elite continues to party like it's 1999 while

telling everyone to simply eat cake!

and when it's all over the masses all quit working cause why bother.

bet when most of us reach BM they do this again...

Edited by VoidJustice

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of where you were gearwise, if you pvp much when 1.2 comes out you'll have full BM gear in a week if you don't already. The recruit vs champ gear thing really isn't going to matter when you'll be buying 1-2 pieces of BM gear each play session.

It's dirt cheap.

I wonder if some of these crying posters are playing the same game as I am cause I dont see how it would take you 4 weeks to get full champion+ unless you did not spend any valor points or did not gain any valor to reach rank 60...

I dinged a fresh 50 sentinel 5 days ago and while spending prox 3 mil on gear from the trade network / friends crafting I managed to get close to 17k hp in pve gear allready(wich covers nicely for not having exp yet) while also having bought 3 champion items (offhand+mainhand wep and 1 setpiece) and on top of that I am close to rank 54 in pvp.

Now with a bit of luck I could have reached rank 60 next week if it wasnt for 1.2 hitting tomorow and the fact that I have friends who come over sometimes for drinks (damn them for ruining my awesome pvp farm) but I hope you see my point.

If you want something in this game you will have to pull your finger out because it is not comming to you for free and you can feel all sour now about having to replace some gear but you knew this was comming for weeks so you could just have not bothered with it since you read the first 1.2 patch notes on the test realm.

Yet I play this game for fun and to compete with others so even if I can buy an item today that will be useless tomorow what stops me from having fun today with this item and have fun tomorow with the upgrade?

Edited by Jonvuu

Who cares, PvP is just a mini game here. Its not that its not fun. I enjoy it. But its just some warzones over and over.

I guess getting good gear is cool, of course it does not do much to have the best ger in game if all you do is hang in fleet.

Regardless of where you were gearwise, if you pvp much when 1.2 comes out you'll have full BM gear in a week if you don't already. The recruit vs champ gear thing really isn't going to matter when you'll be buying 1-2 pieces of BM gear each play session.

It's dirt cheap.

Exactly.

This is why every new level 50 should wait until 1.2 to PvP.

No one is losing anything.

They are simply reducing the bottleneck on gear, where you get owned for 100 matches because you dont have the gear.

If you feel you are losing something, then you where pvping to grind gear not pvping to have fun. If you where pvping to grind gear then guess what - the warhero lets you continue grinding gear!! woohooo \o/

Instead of bickering, I think it is better to suggest a constructive solution that is fair for all.

BW should take everyone that has pvp gears now, remove those gear, and refund the warzone commendations equivalent in value.

This way people who had BM pieces will be refunded with enough to get BM pieces come patch 1.2.

People who had champ pieces will be refunded with 50% of the warzone commendations worth of getting BM pieces (so if you have 2 piece of champ gear before, you will have refund enough warzone comms to get 1 BM piece)

People who had centurion pieces before will be funded with 25% of the warzone commendations with of getting BM pieces.

Subsequently all current champ and cent commendations unused will be exchanged into warzone comms.

That way, fair, no effort is vain, unhappy people will be less unhappy.

Bioware should've done this.

The blame should go to where it rightfully should be placed,,,The Playerbase and i mean the Imperial base and il tell you why.

Many that spent alot of time in Beta went with all their buddys over to Imperial and rolled Sorc/Inquis in hordes of numbers because they saw how OP they were at the begining,they also knew how to maximixe to lvl fast and get the gear which was the first step in creating the imbalance.

Second was Illum and both BW and the people who play Imperial abused that,another shot in the arm for Imperial players and all the while this was happening they were carrying other little Implets to get gear far faster than the Repubs,no it was YOU that made this mess.

Except you could still use the last generation smart phone if you wanted to without being penalized. If you set foot into a WZ post 1.2 in centurion or champion gear you WILL be destroyed. That is the whole point. Anyone who has come over from WoW or any other MMO knows about the whole gear treadmill that constitutes endgame MMOs. In WoW my S1 arena gear wasn't suddenly useless when S2 started, I could use that gear to build upon until my S2 set was complete.

BW isn't updated the stats on centurion or champion gear. Both sets will be sub par to a set anyone can buy for 320k credits or so. 2 months of grinding replaced by 320k credits worth of gear. It is demoralizing, which is why the OP and myself are frustrated, its not that we don't enjoy the competition and strategy (lawl) involved in SWTOR pvp. We're just frustrated that the day 1.2 goes live most or all of our gear will be inferior to the new Recruit set which anyone can buy in its entirety from day one.

I have spent hours trying to get full champion gear and trying to reach valor 60 to start opening Battlemaster boxes. I'm a set of gloves away from full set champion and at valor 58.........what a complete and utter disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I play for the sheer competition and having a good time, but that sense of accomplishment that I was so close to getting has been stripped away.......