Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Legacy is going to ruin PVP

ForceInfinity

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that that is straightened up I'm also tired of people bringing companions in huttball.

It's so lame when some jugg friendly leaps to someone's companion up on the catwalk then charges at an enemy companion that they can't reposition. So OP

Trololol

CC is already retarded, let alone a jedi juggurnaut that can not only cc you to death but also pick up smuggler stun locking abilities. Retarded retarded retarded, and it begins.... SWTOR I am warning you that you will lose players because PVP will get out of control and since Guild Wars is coming and diablo 3 be careful what you do. I have had the game since DEC and legacy system is cool, I do not think it is a good idea at all to allow legacy abilities in PVP.

maybe you should actually read the patch notes before you cry. fail.

legacy abilities will require heroic moment to be active. heroic moment CANNOT be used in pvp. in fact, in the weekly q+a, when asked if legacy abilities would be active in pvp, a dev replied "absolutely not."

maybe you should actually read the patch notes before you cry. fail.

legacy abilities will require heroic moment to be active. heroic moment CANNOT be used in pvp. in fact, in the weekly q+a, when asked if legacy abilities would be active in pvp, a dev replied "absolutely not."

It's been said a lot of times, in a lot of different places. At this point, it feels like one would have to go out of their way not to know this stuff, lol.

CC is already retarded, let alone a jedi juggurnaut that can not only cc you to death but also pick up smuggler stun locking abilities. Retarded retarded retarded, and it begins.... SWTOR I am warning you that you will lose players because PVP will get out of control and since Guild Wars is coming and diablo 3 be careful what you do. I have had the game since DEC and legacy system is cool, I do not think it is a good idea at all to allow legacy abilities in PVP.

Jedi Juggernaut? Time to reroll.

Hmm, companions are allowed in pvp all the time except mine keep changing their names everytime I go into the WZ. They don't follow me or stick with me at all either. Stupid companion, I tried to sacrifice one so I could score with the huttball, but he bugged out and stayed in the middle instead of running with me and died all by his lonesome under the sea of Republics who seem to dislike my healing companion.

Btw, I wouldn't recommend trying the romance option in the WZ's your companion will give you serious negative rep. I tried to drag one onto my ship but they were kicking and screaming so I had to let him go. Can't trust those companions.

Why does Bioware allow companions to change their name in every single WZ??? Plus they bug out so often and don't follow me. Seriously retarded!

Edited by TheOpf

I don't think legacy will ruin PvP, but I agree CC is out of hand. There needs to be a mechanism that makes each player immune to further stuns, roots, ect for a period of time after being hit by one. Several other mmos have systems like this, they work well.

I don't think legacy will ruin PvP, but I agree CC is out of hand. There needs to be a mechanism that makes each player immune to further stuns, roots, ect for a period of time after being hit by one. Several other mmos have systems like this, they work well.

You mean like resolve? And if only one made you immune it would horribly stupid.

word is that bioware is looking into player concerns regarding legacy abilities and pvp.

we can expect a response shortly that will most likely include a nerf to operatives.

this should resolve the issue to everyones satisfaction.

Finally, this is the kind of response that I like to see!

Teams of Operatives owning people w/ Legacy abilities in PvP would have made everybody unsub.

This is a needed change.

Edited by Varicite

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.