1.2 Release Date?

Maitin

What forums were you on the level of rage were catastrophic on lotro forums when anything missed expectations (often mostly fabricated ones based on a half remembered throwaway line).

In game it was better than many games but the forums were as bad as any.

You could possibly be right there, I was involved in the community deeply in the game but less so on the forums

I suppose the maturity level may be directly related to forum users.

I know the average person I meet even in SWTOR is far more mature than the average forum poster here.

You could well be right.

Most players I have met could indeed handle a "we hope to release it" line from Bioware, but forum posters here would take "We hope" and turn it into "we promise, cross our hearts and hope to die"

It is the posters in this forum that insist ( without knowing that is what they are insisting ) that Bioware not give us any advanced information on plans or schedules.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather have quality over quantity. Speedy release doesn't mean good release (not that slow releases promise quality either). But I'd rather have them take the time to do it right the first time then rush it out only to spend the next several weeks fixing their update.

Of course I don't just play TOR and I've got Skyrim as well so I can keep myself entertained in the event that 1.2 hasn't been released before my month subscription runs out. When 1.2 comes out I can always reactivate my account.

Aww man, from the hype you would have thought today was the release date. Was really looking forward to that later after work. Weak...

Bioware never once said it was releasing today... to assume it was is letting yourself down.

assuming they plan to release this patch on a tuesday (sometimes it's delayed a day or two) then "early april" will be between the 3rd and the 12th and 13th at the latest so we'll see if they can deliver in that timeframe.

Bioware never once said it was releasing today... to assume it was is letting yourself down.

Where have you been?

If someone thinks something, it becomes an expectation, and as an expectation they clearly state that Bioware is failing their expectations.

Bioware does not have to say anything :)

WoW...just WOW...seriously people, this happens every time a game is released as an MMO, world of warcraft started out this way, LOTRO started this way, every MMO starts off like this. Its called patience, not every game can start out a vet of its type right after release. I for one would rather them take too long for a release than give us an unfinished, unpolished mess. They did the same with the release for the game itself and look at the greatness they achieved. so QQ!!

I don't care about 1.2. I just want this "Transfer" I was promised... 1.2 means nothing until my character's are on the same server...

Perfect example

Can you please point to where this "promise" was made? And make sure it contains the word "promise" or don’t bother

WoW...just WOW...seriously people, this happens every time a game is released as an MMO, world of warcraft started out this way, LOTRO started this way, every MMO starts off like this. Its called patience, not every game can start out a vet of its type right after release. I for one would rather them take too long for a release than give us an unfinished, unpolished mess. They did the same with the release for the game itself and look at the greatness they achieved. so QQ!!

If they wanted a "Legacy" system it should of been implemented from the start not 3 months down the track...

Releasing an unfinished game was a really silly idea on Bioware's behalf. That was greed. Nothing more...

So in saying that they probably should of made everyone wait till March like they did with Australia so they could actually finish all this stuff. But No... Unfinished game will make people happy.

Stop being an impatient ewok; don't be a nub nub.

I don't think it's being impatient at all. I think it's about the fact that we keep hearing about what 1.2 has and what it will do to the game and less about when it's coming.

Personally I'm sick of hearing about all the new features without anything about the release date.

They cannot give an estimate as it might change, and look at the above posts, the children will say it was a promise, when no promise was made.

The best Bioware can do, is not tell anyone when they hope to release it until it is actually going to be released a day or so later.

The children can’t handle information that might change

They cannot give an estimate as it might change, and look at the above posts, the children will say it was a promise, when no promise was made.

The best Bioware can do, is not tell anyone when they hope to release it until it is actually going to be released a day or so later.

The children can’t handle information that might change

the scrub poster above me saying 'children this, children that' can go fly a kite and FY--nothing more than a bunch of 'proseph' 'kids' slinging around jank ewords like jelly, boi, umad and anything else someone said that caught on faster than chuck norris' testic kles...clearly you are above these 'children' :tran_angel::tran_angel:

It's no different than any of the big developers like Blizz or Arena ...

"When it's done" is the mantra, and that is what we all hope for. Many of the patches should have been there at launch, not afterthoughts. I and many others would have been far happier with this game had the Gui, guild banks etc been there from the start.

Hopefully they will be decently functional when they do finally arrive.

The biggest thing I found shocking was the LOD(level of detail) mod you can implement via 3rd party utilities to dramatically increase the quality of this games appearance with little or no hit to performance. Why isn't that a slider in the graphics section!?

Radeon Pro and nvidia inspector, changing the LOD to -3 ... A different looking game!

So, anyway, now we wait a couple more weeks for a finished product, it looks to be well worth the wait...

Good hunting!

Karandar

3 fully rakata geared 50s. Pvp is only mildly entertaining for me. Raiders finding better things to do than raid stale, easy content. I unsubbed when I saw only 4 bosses in EC. I will reup if 1.2 poses some actual challenge but it's not looking good. I have too many nit picks with this game for it to be fun.. Bugs, no dual spec, bland armor, no arenas, bugs, bugs... Bugs. How long does it take to fix soa or puzzle in ev? They still break after over 3 months.

I heard late April, from the guild summit i think. I know for sure i read/heard somewhere late April and feel like it was legit but really dont remember the source. Since then ive heard early april or even late march from a bunch of people on the forums, and dont know where thats coming from.

If they wanted a "Legacy" system it should of been implemented from the start not 3 months down the track...

Releasing an unfinished game was a really silly idea on Bioware's behalf. That was greed. Nothing more...

So in saying that they probably should of made everyone wait till March like they did with Australia so they could actually finish all this stuff. But No... Unfinished game will make people happy.

Have you ever played an MMO before, or is SWTOR your first?

Hell Im not even that big into MMOs and I can tell you that an MMO is NEVER finished. Never.

Features are always being added, always changing, always updating. There is no such thing as a "complete" MMO. A complete MMO is an MMO that people quickly get bored of and leave.

New stuff has to be added after release in order to keep people paying for the dang thing.

So saying that the stuff should have all been finished before release is like saying the game should never be released.