new spiecies for non force users

lord-durpp

I think it would be nice if i could have droid. could be used by all non force classes, and could have different body types, (protocol, tripod, etc.) and could have a different approach to gear. like the ideas?

I've been wanting this for a while, along with the implementation of the 10+ other viable humanoid races that have no reason to not be in a game this large, especially since they already have the character models for them.

I see only 1 problem. Romances. Otherwise, good idea
Ship Droid addresses that already.

To properly implement this they'd need to write entirely new personal storylines for the four classes in question, as well as alter the majority of conversations in the game to reflect the player character's lack of biology. I'm not saying it won't be done at some point, but we're talking a full expansion here.

I have to agree that we could see a great possibility both on the force side and non-force side. Remember not all force users are jedi and not all species are available.

Why not a Wookiee or a Caamasi? They are warriors and thus a choice for a Trooper, or a Rodian who would make a excellent Smuggler or Bounty Hunter.

These are but a few choices we should hope to come in time with SWTOR.

I have to agree that we could see a great possibility both on the force side and non-force side. Remember not all force users are jedi and not all species are available.

Why not a Wookiee or a Caamasi? They are warriors and thus a choice for a Trooper, or a Rodian who would make a excellent Smuggler or Bounty Hunter.

Read the thread before posting next time. This is specifically about droids.

They have already stated they will not add any species that can't speak basic as player characters...

They have already stated they will not add any species that can't speak basic as player characters...
Wrong. They said they intend to add such species, but that it will take some time because they need to build adequate stories for them; the developers are only going to add these species when they're able to implement them right. In other words, thay're content for a full expansion.

I see only 1 problem. Romances. Otherwise, good idea

Its simple, just don't include them for droids :) give the romaceable characters dialogue to make it seem like theyre the same gender as the player.

Edit: I would also love to play as a HK droid :D

Edited by BenjaminminU

If they do start to implement more races in the game, I really hope they dont go the MAKE ALL THE RACES path that WoW took.
Species, not races.

I don't understand what you're saying. As far as I'm aware WoW didn't go with a "MAKE ALL THE RACES" approach. At least, I was never allowed to play things like furbolgs, naga, yeti, etc.

I think it would be nice if i could have droid. could be used by all non force classes, and could have different body types, (protocol, tripod, etc.) and could have a different approach to gear. like the ideas?

How would this idea work with the legacy system? The driod would get limited force abilities. Would have to be a hybrid cyborg like Gen. Greavus..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.