Sith Corruption Slider

BlueBeard

I really like the idea and the implementation of the Sith Corruption feature. The orange/yellow eyes are very cool looking and make my Sith Warrior feel very authentic. What I don't like, however, is the super-pale skin and the weird veins around the eyes and mouth that come at higher Dark Side levels. For this reason, I end up turning my Sith Corruption off once I've gone past Dark I on any character. I really like the Dark I look, and would love to keep it regardless of how much more evil my character becomes.

So my proposal is this: create a slider that allows players to adjust the amount of the Sith Corruption that they display. I would love to be able to reach Dark V and wear the gear, have a purely evil Sith, etc. and still be able to maintain the Dark I look. I think this would be an awesome addition to the game and would really round out the Sith Corruption feature completely.

I'm republic all the way, and don't even have a single dark-side character, but this should definitely be something they devs should consider. SWtoR's character customization is very amazing and this would only improve that quality of customization.

/bump

You know. I was reading the forums and I'm like I agree with this well written post. Then I see Jawatouille and I'm like who else could put that in their signature.

That aside, I agree with this suggestion 100%.

Edited by Aramyth

I love this idea!

I really like the look of dark 1 and 2 but then you start looking scary in a not so cool way. I would love to be able to show a little corruption without going all out or limiting my ability to wear the Dark V gear.

...Dark Side corruption isn't supposed to look good. It's supposed to be symbolic of your degradation as a sentient being.

I disagree. Palpatine hid his evil for a very long time before he revealed himself as a Sith lord. Also, this is a game, and customization and individual style is a big part of any multi-player game, especially an MMORPG.

Edited by BlueBeard

I disagree. Palpatine hid his evil for a very long time before he revealed himself as a Sith lord. Also, this is a game, and customization and individual style is a big part of any multi-player game, especially an MMORPG.

I'd like to point out he did not look like a fried onion until Mace deflected his lightning back at him. So technically it was the lightning, not his corruption.

Safety tip, kiddos: Never look directly at the Force Lightning. It will screw you up royal.

I'd like to point out he did not look like a fried onion until Mace deflected his lightning back at him. So technically it was the lightning, not his corruption.

Safety tip, kiddos: Never look directly at the Force Lightning. It will screw you up royal.

Or he stopped preserving his features when the lightning was hitting him, hence the deformation.

I agree. :) But my point was that he hid his corruption for years, and he was very much a Sith the entire time. So, being 100% evil doesn't necessarily mean that a Sith has to show the full effects of their corruption.

Not a slider but a set of them yes. At least you get light skin and veins. My Dark 5 SJ doesn't really get any light skin, just the orange eyes and it looks like he was working in a coal mine...going down down down...working in a coal mine...

Anyway. It would be nice if it opened up a second customization feature. Though I think more important issue would be the items changing appearance from empire to republic.

...Dark Side corruption isn't supposed to look good. It's supposed to be symbolic of your degradation as a sentient being.

Count Dooku was PRETTY evil and all he looked was old.. Besides we're getting off topic here a little. If you have an on/off switch, why shouldn't there be a slider? or something to customize it at least.

You cant' say "well if you're evil you have to look that way" because you can just turn it off.

Plus not ALL the sith looked like that either. In fact it seemed that the MORE powerful the sith the more they were able to retain their look and NOT let the dark side of the force corrupt them physically.

Asajj Ventress for example didn't look all veiny and horrible. Its really a visual choice. SOME sith did, because they were supposed to look horrible and evil, others didn't because they were supposed to look awesome or cool. (there is a red twi'lek whose name i forget ((talon?)) who was also pretty evil and didn't look like she was popping veins everywhere.)

Edited by Neopopulas

This would be a good feature, for example I'd like to have a dark side Twi'lek or Sith but don't want to be pink/white when at Dark 5, but the yellow eyes and some of the earlier levels look fine. As it is I just turn it off, but with this option I could choose.

Palpatine was not preserving himself or any of that garbage. He got fried by lightning like dude on the first page pointed out.

Dark side corruption making you look like a vampire is entirely an invention of bioware to emulate what happened to the emperor.

On that train of thought, it should definitely be scalable, not just hideable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.