1.2 Crafting FAQ

Arovien

Educate yourself by checking out this 1.2 Crafting FAQ. This FAQ will include questions that are not explicitly explained in the PTS patch notes which can be found here.

Ask a question here so I can add it to the OP.

Answer questions that have no answer by replying with a quote to the question; include source if possible.

Please point out discrepancies and mistakes. Some questions may be redundant because questions are yet to be answered and show possible correlations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crafting and Reverse Engineering Item Mods

Q: Will Artifact Augment 22 (the best augments in live) stats be changed come 1.2?

A: Artifact Augment 22s stats will be changed from +28 [stat] to +18 [stat] and +12 endurance.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How can I get Prototype and Artifact quality augment schematics?

A: Prototype and Artifact quality augment schematics can be researched by reverse engineering a Premium (green) augment.

Q: As a cybertech, will I have to extract the mods and armoring from all equipment to RE them? If so, will the % chance to learn these pieces be increased to offset the additional cost inherent in this process?

A: ???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crafting and Reverse Engineering Orange Gear

Q: Will a level 23 orange piece of gear with an augment slot be as good as a level 50 orange piece of gear with an augment slot housing the same item modifications?

A: Yes

Q: Have the materials needed to craft orange geared been changed in 1.2?

Q: What happens if I reverse engineer a tier 2 (new) endgame PvE piece.

A: Reverse engineering a tier 2 endgame piece can either lead to learning an orange (custom) schematic with the same design and/or gaining crafting materials that can be used to make endgame orange (custom) gear.

Q: Will the dissassemble loot roll option grant me the schematic?

A: Yes it is possible if the item being rolled on can yield a schematic and you have the appropriate crafting profession.

Q: What happens if I reverse engineer PvP pieces of gear?

A: It is not possible to reverse engineer PvP gear. To learn the orange (custom) schematics for PvP gear, you must purchase the schematics from the PvP vendors. A certain valor level is required to craft such PvP orange (custom) gear.

Q: Will level 40 orange (custom) schematics for PvP gear be available in 1.2?

Q: What pieces of gear can yield an orange (custom) schematic of its design if reversed engineered?

A: If an item can be reversed engineered in order to acquire an orange (custom) schematic, you will now see a 'Research Available' indicator on the item tooltip along side a success rate.

Most endgame PvE gear and other modded items will have the option to be reverse engineer. Its inherent mods do not need to embedded in order to reverse engineer such an item.

Q: Can existing orange gear (in live) be reversed engineered in order to yield an orange (custom) schematic?

Q: Will orange (custom) gloves, boots, belt, and bracers schematics be added in 1.2?

Materials

Q: What recipes use Baradium Flux (purchased with 1 BM comm)?

Edited by Arovien

I'm glad you are assembling and disseminating this information.

A couple of questions:

1) What items does the level 6 crafting box (purchased with 20 Champion comms or 1 BM comm) drop?

2) What recipes use Baradium Flux (purchased with 1 BM comm)?

I'm glad you are assembling and disseminating this information.

A couple of questions:

1) What items does the level 6 crafting box (purchased with 20 Champion comms or 1 BM comm) drop?

2) What recipes use Baradium Flux (purchased with 1 BM comm)?

In that vein, what does the level 8 crafting box (purchased with 200 fleet commendations) hold? If the darth hater ptr database is correct, the only 2 grade 8 rank mats are the blue and purple high level mats that drop in EC. I presume these are used to make things like black hole implants.

Q: Will a level 23 orange piece of gear with an augment slot be as good as a level 50 orange piece of gear with an augment slot housing the same item modifications?

This is how all orange gear has always been. The stats on orange gear only come from the item modifications.

Sweet.. Got a question, came here to make a new thread, but. Guess I can just expand on this one. Not sure if the question is still valid as I haven't been on PTS since 1.2 first came out there, but.. Here I go anyway.

Q: When I was last on PTS I noticed random looted artifact gear with a Prototype prefix had their armoring slot unlocked and ready for extraction.. In my mind this makes it a piece of custom gear. So my question is as follows. Is it possible to reverse engineer these items like you can with the modable PvE gear to learn its schematic?

Q: We see alot of talking about armor but can end game pve and pvp weapons be RE? I would love to actually be able to use armstech at level 50 finally. Have new orange RE able weapons been added to loot? Currently there are no 50 level lootable weapon schematics.

Tldr: are you making armstech finally worth something in 1.2?

Educate yourself by checking out this 1.2 Crafting FAQ. This FAQ will include questions that are not explicitly explained in the PTS patch notes which can be found here.

Ask a question here so I can add it to the OP.

Answer questions that have no answer by replying with a quote to the question; include source if possible.

Please point out discrepancies and mistakes. Some questions may be redundant because questions are yet to be answered and show possible correlations.

Great start! Good info! Hopefully it can continue to be built on and completed.

1. Will all current orange gear be able to be critted on when crafted?

2. Would I be able to take a current orange schematic, craft until I crit and mod it to be the best in slot?

3. What is the reasoning behind raiding to get loot to reverse engineer when, and if, I could just take a level 20 orange piece of gear and do the same as question #2? Cosmetics?

Reasoning behind these questions is I wonder if I could just take a alt(low level) and just have him craft and not raid, is raiding needed?

Thanks.

Edited by bobothewizard

PLEASE include that the some of these questions are from TESTERS. So many of these topics have been closed because the mods incorrectly assume it is being done by people not testing and thus, close it to prevent Q&A sessions from happening. Right now, we have no idea how half of the new crafting mechanics are suppose to function and as such have no idea what is working and what isn't. Edited by HamoAgabar

1. Will all current orange gear be able to be critted on when crafted?

2. Would I be able to take a current orange schematic, craft until I crit and mod it to be the best in slot?

3. What is the reasoning behind raiding to get loot to reverse engineer when, and if, I could just take a level 20 orange piece of gear and do the same as question #2? Cosmetics?

Reasoning behind these questions is I wonder if I could just take a alt(low level) and just have him craft and not raid, is raiding needed?

Thanks.

Raiding is needed. You will never have the BiS plug-ins (armor/hilt/barrel, mod, enhance, crystal) for crit custom gear unless you raid. BW has just made it such that a crafter is *also* required for BiS gear.

When raiding are schematics dropped, or are items that need to be reversed engineered to get the schematic dropped? Are they tradeable? I have a character that raids but was wondering if i could raid to get the schematic then just trade it to the crafter alt?

I feel like they are hurting the players like me, that toon on all the time to get level 49 crafted belt bracers and earpiece on my operative healer.. with these changes i will be losing 50 cunning from my augments and losing 3% crit(like everyone else).. its gonna be kind of raw and make me regret not just getting the rakata from my dailies.. kind of sucks. And I disagree.

Crafting and Reverse Engineering Orange Gear

Yes. However, a lvl 23 orange piece of gear with an augment slot may *not* be as good as a lvl 50 purple piece of gear without an augment slot housing the same item modifications iff the lvl 50 purple item is one of the current items with a set bonus (and thus baked into the shell and not the armoring mod) and that set bonus is good enough to offset the lack of the augment slot.

Edited by GnatB

I assume this means that any current Artifact Augment 22's we own will have their stats changed? -- The change kind of sucks if you ask me :(

Confirmed

This seems to be in contradiction to what I've read. Is there a source for this confirmation?

I suppose when Zoeller said "any augments already obtained before 1.2. should retain their value" ... he could've meant "value" not in terms of numerical value (+28), but in terms of relative market value to post 1.2 augments.

It's a big difference though between +28 and +18/+12. If there is a source that can be cited, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Yes. However, a lvl 23 orange piece of gear with an augment slot may *not* be as good as a lvl 50 purple piece of gear without an augment slot housing the same item modifications iff the lvl 50 purple item is one of the current items with a set bonus (and thus baked into the shell and not the armoring mod) and that set bonus is good enough to offset the lack of the augment slot.

Yes.

As in, Rakata will still be more beneficial to wear until you acquire Campaign gear then place those mods into an orange augmented shell. Making it BiS.

Hello,

First, very nice topic. I was actually searching for informations about reverse engineering, and this post provide me some of them.

But there is still some black spot between what we can read on the patch note and this forum :

- Tier 2 endgame PvE gear can be RE to learning... orange schematics ? It was supposed to give the same gear, am I wrong ? From the patch note :

Players may now reverse engineer many endgame items to research schematics for items and mods. Tier 2 (new) endgame items can be reverse engineered, and players have a chance to learn how to craft these items up on reverse engineering them. Set Armorings do not provide schematics for crafters.

So, to make it clear, what happen if I reverse, for exemple, a Columi Head or an Exotech Gloves ? The result is an orange schematic or a schematic for exactly the same item ? And what happen if I reverse an item without any modifications (like a Relic) ?

- I wonder about this note : “Players with the appropriate professions are now able to reverse engineer random drop items and acquire materials from them. This includes Operation materials from endgame items.”

Does that mean, if I RE a high level item, I can get a Biometric Crystal Alloy for example ?

Thank you in advance.

PS : sorry if I have made mistakes, i’m french and not good enough in English to make a faultless post.

This seems to be in contradiction to what I've read. Is there a source for this confirmation?

I suppose when Zoeller said "any augments already obtained before 1.2. should retain their value" ... he could've meant "value" not in terms of numerical value (+28), but in terms of relative market value to post 1.2 augments.

It's a big difference though between +28 and +18/+12. If there is a source that can be cited, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

The source is a guildmate that had his character copied over to the PTR. He opened his character tab, looked at his augments, and said "Yep, those are different numbers." :)

I believe Zoeller meant that the current lvl 22 augments will still be "best in slot".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.