Legacy a big dissapointment!

hvalhajen

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow really how it forces you to leave you friends .... Hey my guild plays both sides so i dont see the point in there.... If you dont like what they doing to the legacy let me say this you probly went maxed out toon and let me explain how i hate it yay for that one...I like the legacy like the star wars movie oh they going to add later on i read the legacy effects your story like darth vader and luke sky walker and we cant please every one ..Then again why do i have to spend credits on something i can just lvl empire toon ... I play both sides i ant fanboy of one or the other >.>

Now my head hurts...

So here are some of the things I was hoping for when I opened up the legacy window.

#1 more materials per node.

#2 faster mission/crafting times

#3 increased mount speed

#4 cool titels

#5 a party summon

Let me point a few thing out here..

1. This isn't World of Warcraft.

2. THIS IS NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!

3. Yes, stuff like that would be cool in the game though would be items you would find in a guild perk NOT the legacy system.

4. The Legacy system is about giving you new ability's and spells that are based around your family of toons. you are looking at 1 toon at a legacy level of 1

I've seen MMOs fail not because of the way the game was built or the content of the game. they fail because the game it's self is not World of Warcraft MMO gamers are judging the game on a game that has been out seance 2003. when i started playing MMOs it was back when EQ was real big and be-leave me it was a ton of fun if you got into a guild that did stuff otherwise it wasn't that fun. also when you look at World of Warcraft you have to remember a few things when the game lunched it didn't have guild perks it didn't have 70% of the content that it currently has. as a mater of fact when it lunched the game had so many glitches and problems that the game almost failed on the first week not to mention the game launch 2 years after the original schedule launch date.

Edited by Razelda

you guys really don't read much about legacy do you?

There are several things that DO require credits to purchase. Credits AND legacy level. It's been stated and shown over and over, even clarified by the devs.

These things require legacy AND credits (not either/or):

GTN on ship

Ship Droid Vendor

Rocket Boots

Reduction on Emergency Fleet Pass

Reduction on Quick travel

Test Dummies

Personally, I don't see a problem with these things requiring credits, considering how easy it is to get legacy levels AND credits. Seriously, I've earned about 3.5 mil over the last 2-3 weeks, and I've only been playing maybe 2 hours/night at most (just long enough to do my dailies).

I'd also like to include species in that list. I believe, if I understand it correctly, if you chose not to unlock a species via a level 50, you need legacy level 8 and 500,000-1,500,000 credits (depending on the race). I could be wrong though.

I'd also like to include species in that list. I believe, if I understand it correctly, if you chose not to unlock a species via a level 50, you need legacy level 8 and 500,000-1,500,000 credits (depending on the race). I could be wrong though.

There are several things that are optionally purchasable with credits, I was listing the things that ABSOLUTELY REQUIRE credits.

Let me point a few thing out here..

1. This isn't World of Warcraft.

2. THIS IS NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!

3. Yes, stuff like that would be cool in the game though would be items you would find in a guild perk NOT the legacy system.

4. The Legacy system is about giving you new ability's and spells that are based around your family of toons. you are looking at 1 toon at a legacy level of 1

LOL are you serious? Jedi Knight = Warrior - Smugglar = Hunter/Rogue - Jedi Consular = every caster in every game/rogue - IMO Trooper is the only unique toon out there, ohh wait I think Hunter comes to mind again. So if you where to design a car would you not give it wheels, brakes and an engine? or would that remind you to much of the already existing cars?

really i am sory i cant write so well .. i have problems and you just making front of me whos the better man here...

Hey man, I really wanted to understand what you wrote, but I just couldn't. I recommend taking it slow, read what you wrote out loud and tell me if it makes sense to you. If you live in an English speaking country and are over the age of 12, there's no excuse for such poor grammer.

If English is a second language, then I recommend again, just taking it more slowly. We want to read your thoughts, but you have to be able to communicate them.

Hey man, I really wanted to understand what you wrote, but I just couldn't. I recommend taking it slow, read what you wrote out loud and tell me if it makes sense to you. If you live in an English speaking country and are over the age of 12, there's no excuse for such poor grammer.

If English is a second language, then I recommend again, just taking it more slowly. We want to read your thoughts, but you have to be able to communicate them.

yep i try sory :/

LOL are you serious? Jedi Knight = Warrior - Smugglar = Hunter/Rogue - Jedi Consular = every caster in every game/rogue - IMO Trooper is the only unique toon out there, ohh wait I think Hunter comes to mind again. So if you where to design a car would you not give it wheels, brakes and an engine? or would that remind you to much of the already existing cars?

Don't worry every wow class was ripped off from eq, for example:

WoW : EQ1

druid = druid

shaman = shaman

rogue = rogue

warrior = warrior/berserker hybrid

death knight <<< shadow knight (i'm biased but it's true)

paladin = paladin/cleric

warlock = necromancer

monk = monk

mage = magician/wizard hybrid

hunter = ranger

priest = cleric/necro

??? = bard (wow couldn't copy that one i guess but rift did)

not only that but all of these classes are derivatives of the tabletop games, new to you isn't necessarily new.

Let me start off by saying, that my legacy lvl on the live servers is 50. I have 4 lvl 50 characters, 1 of each class with all the companions maxed out in affection (no life, I know).

So after grinding a character to lvl 30 on the test server, to see all the cool stuff bioware was going to throw my way, I was to say the least disappointed. I have no intentions of playing Empire as it forces me to leave my community and leaves me with a character that is totally useless to me. So after discovering that the things I planed on paying for with credits, is not purchasable, like unlocking companions and special ability's from the opposite faction. And the stuff I have opened up for, the so called perks of gaining a high lvl of legacy, turns out to be a credit dump like you wouldn't believe.

#1 reduced fleetpass cooldown, 3 ranks at 100k, 200k and 300k that lowers the cooldown with 6 hours, letting you use it every 12 hours. I can buy 600 1 hour cooldown fleetpasses for that investment, NO THANKS-

#2 same goes for quick travel, a total of 600k and a reduction of 6min.

#3 Ship upgrades, repair droid 1 mill for that. mailbox, OPS training dummy and pvp training dummy 500k each. and ofc the laughingstock of them all, the GTN a whopping 5mill for that, again no thanks ill just port in on the fleet.

#4 Rocket boosters, for those of you who thought that was something to look forward to, start saving up the credits. It consists of 3 ranks 1 ability and 2 upgrades. 2 mill for the ability, 1 mill for rank 2 and 1,5 mill for rank 3 and the upgrades is just a lowering of the CD.

#5 Species, all of them cost 1.5 mill to unlock except human you can get that for 500k.

Things that should have been here in patch 1.2 but have been pushed to the status "coming soon" and we all know what that means since the legacy page have had that title since launch.

#1 lvl 25 mounts at lvl 10.

#2 design the way you lvl, that was the words from bioware at the guild summit. so i can choose to increase my XP gain from space missions, PVP or Flashpoint. I'm a PVE kind of guy, so I would choose flashpoints, only problem with that is finding a grp at low lvl is like finding water in the dessert (not much difference at lvl 50).

#3 Increase crit chance when crafting. we need that now since you implement orange gear with augment slot. by the time your able to get these perks its gonna be to late, just like all the other stuff.

#4 Repair droids, mail box and the opportunity to respec (dual spec is what I want) on the fly. Just a thought, how about a cargo hold ship drop? I don't need a mailbox when my Inventory is full.

So here are some of the things I was hoping for when I opened up the legacy window.

#1 more materials per node.

#2 faster mission/crafting times

#3 increased mount speed

#4 cool titels

#5 a party summon

So in conclusion, if the new OPS don't rock my world with fun and amazing tactics. Not like the current OPS, which is just a gearcheck and lacks the ability to test peoples IQ. the only boss our guild have had troubles with is SOA and thats not couse it's hard but course it's a bug fest and the worst designed boss mechanics I have ever experienced. phase 1 is for idiots, phase 2 and 3 is where it all goes to hell. Not being able to heal the peeps that gets picked up and thrown around 1st fail, picking peeps up that have just been targeted by lighting 2nd fail, dropping peeps on lightning or over the edge if if phase is over 3rd fail, throwing the tank in the air 4th fail, pulling the tank in mind prison in the last phase is just one of the most retarded fails of all time as the window of opportunity to drag SOA to the pillars are short and you need to hit him every time. and then there is all the bugs OMG it's endgame contend, wake up bioware. things we have experienced in my raid grp, peeps getting stuck in mind prisons, lightning ball that don't die but end up at 5-10% HP, lightning balls that stop chasing after 2nd phase ends up on the first platform, SOA never comes down to the last phase he just hangs in the air, SOA not loosing his shield after hitting him with a pillar, SOA Disappearing just when he is about to die, platforms that haven't reset after a wipe, I'm sure there is more but those are the ones that come to mind.

I warned you all but was marked as a troll. I will warn you all again about the "New space experience" don't expect anything from it except a couple of new maps and maybe a group space flashpoint that is still on the rails. (This comment isn't aimed specifically at you)

Let me start off by saying......

Wall of text TL;DR.

I just want to say in general I am disapointed with the Legacy System because it makes the game feel even more incomplete. ALSO the fact that there will be MORE Legacy stuff in 1.3 that will ALSO make the game feel even MORE incomplete in its current state.

Basically its almost feels like a Wizards of the Coast (TSR) or Games Workshop "necessary redesign" to "update" their game systems which in reality is not much of an improvement but a marketing vehicle to keep you buying their product.

Unlike pnp or miniatures games that you can play in the "state" of your choice and not HAVE to go to the "new game system" all of these Legacy piecemeal trickles are pretty much fail.

Legacy should not be released in trickles. It should have been in the game on release OR none of it should be implemented ( not even the legacy name ) UNTIL the whole thing is ready (they could of had us stealth aquire legacy exp upon reaching the end of act 1 and just revealed our legacy level when it was FULLY implemented).

Edited by Urael

Don't worry every wow class was ripped off from eq

My point exactly, if DEV. don't look at passed games for inspiration for things that makes the game more fun and enjoyable, chances are we end up with a game that's unique, but not in the good way...

My point exactly, if DEV. don't look at passed games for inspiration for things that makes the game more fun and enjoyable, chances are we end up with a game that's unique, but not in the good way...

Yeah, but they picked classes like that because those classes are part of a best selling and #1 MMO.

I warned you all but was marked as a troll. I will warn you all again about the "New space experience" don't expect anything from it except a couple of new maps and maybe a group space flashpoint that is still on the rails. (This comment isn't aimed specifically at you)

Considering no information about what space combat will be like in the future as far as I know, I must respectfully ask for your source.